Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hero Links hero listing site up and running

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Hero Links hero listing site up and running Empty
PostSubject: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 am

The Hero Links hero listing web site is up and running with almost all it’s bells and whistles. All I need is for Urban Avenger to send me the address of his face book hero listing so I can add it in. I have a link pointing to face book for now as a placeholder but need UA’s link to complete it. http://whatever.jdk.dtdns.net/hero_links/index.htm is where the starting page is located. I am looking forward to everyone checking it out and maybe signing up for the standalone hero listing section.

Superman

Admin note***Stop typing in caps****
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi all me again.

After waiting 72 plus hours neither the Urban Avenger or anyone else for that matter offer up a face book hero listing for me to link into. So as I consider a dead or incorrect link on any site top bean an anathema I made 1 of my own.

https://www.facebook.com/Hero%20Llinks#!/profile.php?id=100004057266936

is the direct link to it. It can also be reached from the main stand-alone link of

http://whatever.jdk.dtdns.net/hero_links/index.htm

that sits on my personal server. So now all those who want to be listed in my space, face book, or on the stand-alone have a place to be. I have no beefs with anyone in here and will sign up any that apply regardless of any personal feelings I may have for them. Not my place to pick and choose. Let God sort them out.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi all me again,

The My Space portion of hero links is at 196 folks now and the Face Book Section is at a 106 after being up and running less than 72 hours.

It seems that the hero links listing system is a success in spite of the naysayers.

Now all that needs to be done is get the numbers up in the stand-alone section and hero links will be good to go.

I still don’t have any new volunteers to help out and oversee the project and I haven’t heard from the 3 remaining folks that were still on the roster to help.

Now if all of you are that concerned about a listing not playing favorites maybe you should sign up to help out. To keep an eye on me if for no other reason.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Looks pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

Hi there Zombie,

As you seem to approve of the site want to be the 1st to sign up on the stand-alone section? You are welcome to look at my stand-alone listing to get an idea of what the format looks like and what information you may want to have in yours.

You can either send it to the address indicated on the site or write me directly at ulab1@juno.com so I can make your page and add it in.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:26 am

You are all cordially invited to send me information about your superhero persona that can be placed in the stand-alone section of the hero links hero listing web site. It’s located at http://whatever.jdk.dtdns.net/hero_links/index.htm.

All listings are free and based on information you send to me via e-mail. I have created a listing for myself to show you an example of how the information will be presented.

E-mails can be sent to the address listed on the site or directly to me at my address of ulab1@juno.com . I’ll be looking forward to your e-mails.

Sincerely

John D. Koen AKA Superman

Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:05 pm

I don't know I don't have any badass pictures of myself or even a uniform. Maybe in a few months.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Zombie,

For now if we did a listing on you on the stand-alone section of hero links we could use your avatar for a picture.

List you as still in training or still preparing along with any pertinent links.

Like your e-mail address or my space an face page or twitter information.

With a stand-alone permanent point of contact you might receive help and be better equipped and prepared when you do go active.

It’s free so why not give it a shot. I can guarantee it will be worth what you are paying for it and likely a lot more.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I donno ill shoot you an email tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:58 am

Hi all

Here is the latest update on the hero links site.

Face book hero listings = 211 as of this posting and still seem to be climbing

My Space hero listings = 197 as of this posting and still seem to be climbing but not as fast as face book. Guess that means Face book may be a more popular social media site

Added In a text chat site and a guest book to the site for folks to use as needed.

Still having some trouble getting volunteers to send in their information for the stand-alone hero listings. Not sure why as they are free, based on the information you send me via e-mails to ulab1@juno.com.

So come on guys be brave Super heroes and send me those e-mails.

I promise it won’t hurt a bit.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:30 am

I sent you some info in a PM I'm not sure got it. Glad to see there's a chat hopefully that's used more then the forums chat was.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:18 am

Well Zombie I got it and you seem to think you aren’t quite ready for a listing yet. While I will respect your wishes (not like I really have a choice, as listings are voluntary) you may want to reconsider.

I know you say you don’t think of yourself as quite done yet. But any honest presentation is welcome on hero links. It may even help to inspire other up and coming heroes.

If you don’t have a suit yet we can always use your avatar for a picture till such time as you get 1. These profiles can be updated in seconds, as new info becomes available.

I’m glad you like the chat room. RlSH’s need a place free of politics etc where they can talk freely among themselves and also consult on line in real time with anyone who may need their help. This room solves that problem.

In an old TV show called The Equalizer the Hero used to meet with folks he was going to help in restaurants to see what they needed. Thing is he was in a business suit and blended in with other patrons.

Obviously a pre Internet show as it used restaurants and answering machines that taped messages. But can you imagine the turmoil if a Superhero showed up in full gear at a McDonalds or something more upscale.

Based on personal experience I can tell you that don’t work too good. Especially if you want to keep a low profile. That’s why I made a room and kept it so simple code wise that any with Internet access can get in it.

That and the fact that the room is on a drama free site makes it more important than many may think.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi All,

Well as I write this I have 197 folks listed in My Space and 240 listed in Face Book.

Add in that we are up to 3 in the standalone listings and this project seems to be taking off.

Now for those who seem timid about signing up on the standalone section I would like to ask what’s the problem? It’s just a listing same as a my space or face book page based solely on the information said hero sends me.

The only 3 differences are that this 1 can’t be messed with or taken down and can be seen by anyone with an Internet connection. Heroes are supposed to be a source of hope and help among other things.

So it seems to me like getting the word out about your existence in as many ways as possible would be a fairly high priority. Unless of course you are just an Internet poser playing some sort of COS play let's pretend.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 pm

In my case, I am not sure what to say about myself.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Well Idea Man we have 3 profiles up and running so far that should give you an idea of the set up. If need be we can hang out in the chat room there and work out 1 on 1 exactly what you want on it. As far as a picture goes the1 you use in here would look good. You can e-mail it to me as an attachment.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 am

Well the Face book section of Hero Links just broke 300 members and doesn’t seem to be slowing down at all. At this rate it will soon double the almost 200 on the My Space section.

I figured this Post might be a bright spot after the tragedy at the theater. Plus as we are supposed to exhibit a little bit of detective skill as RLSH’s I may have a clue as to why Face Book is more Popular than My Space.

Often when you try to post a link to something outside their sites My Space freaks out like you were headed to a leper colony throwing up all kinds of warnings etc and often blocking the links. Face Book doesn’t seem to worry about it, which I find a much more laid back and congenial attitude.

It would be funny in both an odd and a humorous way if social media popularity and the big bucks it rakes in hinged on such a simple thing.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 am

Stop posting in bold
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Dark Guardian,

Not sure what the problem is with bold print But I’ll try to remember. My word processor is set on bold so when I copy paste a post it show up as bold on the board if I forget to turn it off.. Mean time to stay on topic why don’t you send in information so I can add you to the stand-alone listing.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Superman wrote:

If need be we can hang out in the chat room there and work out 1 on 1 exactly what you want on it.

I can do that. Just let me know when would be a good time for you.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Idea Man,

I sent you a PM thinking you were still on line. Guess the board’s little blinking indicator isn’t all that accurate. In any event you can send mea number to call in a PM or call mine 607 846 7131 and we can set it up over the phone. Or just name a time here preferably using NY time as a reference and I’ll make myself available then.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 am

Using bold in every post is not appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Dark Guardian wrote:
Using bold in every post is not appropriate.

I am not being argumentative, but am just curious: Why does it matter one way or the other?
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Bold is not meant for that it like posting in all caps. Bold, caps, and italics has a a place. Posting in all bold all the time is like saying what you type is more important than what everyone else types. It is bad online etiquette.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:02 am

Dark Guardian wrote:
Stop posting in Bold

Or maybe DG it’s something much simpler like I’m 62 and near sighted so I used the font that way to see what I was doing. Then (being a busy guy) I often didn’t think to shrink it back down before posting.

Your original post on it’s own comes off as being rather curt and undiplomatic. But fortunately having known you for a while I know what a lovable and well meaning scamp you really are so I didn’t take offense and did as you asked.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 am

problem solved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero Links hero listing site up and running   Hero Links hero listing site up and running Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hero Links hero listing site up and running
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next