Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Equipment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Equipment   Equipment Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:51 am

My town isn't that dangerous there is t that much crim just drug trades....with young people my age and I wanna stop that, so what would be good to wear,I have a morph suit to hide my body but what else
Back to top Go down
Androniam

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Equipment Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 am

Well I mean you have to figure what kind of weapons you might encounter when you are out on patrol. Do you expect to run into people with guns, knives, bats?  I would answer that question and then I can recommend what would be the best way to gear up.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Equipment Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Based on crime statistics, it seems the odds of lethal weapons being used is relatively low, but you definitely want to be prepared to handle such encounters before you begin crime patrols.  Calming a situation with threat potential is preferable to having to fight to stop a threat.

As for armor, ballistic vest and padding are a good place to start.  If you're not going straight into crime patrols, then start with a good set of pads (I know you are on a budget at 17), but only after you have had training.

Honestly, I wouldn't advise anyone to patrol without proper gear, but I understand you are not just jumping straight into the lion's den.  The clean up you posted about earlier will not require such equipment, and the longer you work on that mission, the more time you will have to train and save up for the "good stuff".
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Equipment Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

In the meantime, post some propaganda... in disguise, of course. Properly applied, propaganda can sometimes do more good than facing people.
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Equipment Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 pm

That's my next step, get my cloak and gear while going to the town library or school library to type up some papers to hang around the city asking for help Smile Justice for everyone protect and serve the city Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delta_RLSH

Delta_RLSH

Category :
  • Public Service

Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Equipment Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 am

Gauge - "Calming a situation with threat potential is preferable to having to fight to stop a threat."

Truth is spoken here.

I think that Tribe Radio did a bit on de-escalation awhile back. It might be good to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipment   Equipment Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Equipment
Page 1 of 1