Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Equipment

Go down 
+7
Superman
Rook
Gauge
Delta_RLSH
Stephen Hannaway
Ninja
Homemade Hero
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Homemade Hero

Homemade Hero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:33 pm

I´m new and I don´t know what I should wear on my belt. Can someone tell me what i need? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 am

This depends on a number of things!

What environment are you working in and what crimes you wish to stop/your overall goals?
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Ninja wrote:
This depends on a number of things!

What environment are you working in and what crimes you wish to stop/your overall goals?
 Indeed! What's your plan?

[Suggest move to appropriate section]
Back to top Go down
Delta_RLSH

Delta_RLSH

Category :
  • Public Service

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:19 am

I remember someone a while back talking about keeping a bunch of mini-snickers in a pouch because giving someone a candy is a great way to deescalate a situation.

I imagine they are nice to hand out to the homeless you will encounter as well.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:14 am

I would suggest a variety, as peanut allergies are common and can be lethal.  I love that idea, though.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am

Maybe a Wonka bar.  Wonka is a funny word in itself (Billy Crystal explains most words with a K in them sound funny) and who doesn't love Willy Wonka?
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Yep, the Comedy 'K' is a staple in show business and has be verified in a few psych research studies.

The theory is that making the "K" sound helps the face to move in a fashion similar to a smile.  It has been demonstrated that our facial expressions affect our emotions, even when we are unaware of it.

Though a huge Wonka fan, I tend to go with trail mix as opposed to snicker's bars because the chocolate tends to melt.  The peanut thing would still be a problem.  M&Ms, maybe?

Tom Baker's characterization of The Doctor was a big fan of carrying about Jelly Babies to deescalate situations (our closest equivalent would be Gummy Bears).

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Delta_RLSH

Delta_RLSH

Category :
  • Public Service

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:11 pm

I actually have mint life savers in my pack because of allergy issues. I just wanted to give credit the snickers guy, whoever it was.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 am

Flaming Carrot used to keep sauerkraut and cinnamon swirl raisin toast in his.
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Maverick

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Darude - Sandstorm
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 10:36 am

Well Maverick if you had been with me it would have been day before yesterday. You do what's needed when it's needed.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 10:37 am

Well Maverick if you had been with me it would have been day before yesterday. You do what's needed when it's needed.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Maverick

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Superman wrote:

Superman

My signature references the comic book character.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:11 pm

A good burner-phone with a camera, a first aide kit, a multi-tool... Really, some basic survival supplies are good to have on hand. They're usually small, easy to use, multi-purpose, and can help when somebody may be in need.

In his book, Night Rider suggests things like nunchaku and C-S gas. Nunchaku take a while to learn how to use effectively, in a fight; C-S gas, mace, pepper spray, are good for anybody to use, as long as you don't spray yourself or spray it into the wind. I used to carry a can of body-spray for a similar purpose, but I was working on a really tight budget. Besides, I have yet to get into a fight when I was out.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:28 am

I'd add a mini-maglite and a compressible poncho. Tie-cuffs when the police aren't going to arrest you for using them.

Quick-clot is good if you know how to use it. It can heat up fast and burn you, but I remember a story about some guy in a sports car stopping too fast in front of a motorcycle rider, and the spoiler hitting him in the half an inch between his helmet and his leathers, and cutting his throat. Fortunately, his good luck seemed to be chasing the bad, and the two guys who stopped to help were the guy who teaches the first aid courses and a salesman for Quick-clot, who had his samples with him, so he survived despite losing, like, a respectable percentage of the total blood in his body. 

"Nunchaku in Action", by Joseph C. Hess, was written with law enforcement in mind, and concentrates on locking and choking. But I'd research the law regarding them in your area thoroughly before considering them.
Back to top Go down
Nite Watch

Nite Watch

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Maverick,..feeding the homeless is another way of "fighting crime" 
Depends on how you view crime I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Equipment   First Equipment Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

First Equipment
Page 1 of 1