Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heal through Yoga and meditation

Go down 
+5
nightmare
Figment
Equal
Gauge
jackieig
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jackieig

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Heal through Yoga and meditation Empty
PostSubject: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:15 am

Yoga and meditation have become a part of the contemporary lives. It is essential to practise yoga & meditation in the routines of the busy life. The time consumed for Yoga and meditation is wisely consumed and it improves the mind, body and soul. Meditation is pensive and has positive effects on the mind and soul. Religions vouch by meditation, it improves the habits and character of individuals. Meditation improves the mind and evokes many positive thoughts, it also generates good ideas and instigates the thought process. There are many centres with trainers providing Yoga and meditation classes. Tourists have developed interest in these classes and enjoy the routine of Yoga and meditation. Most tourists visiting India enrol for these classes. Since decades these Yoga and meditation training has been introduced to tourists. India is famous for Yoga and meditation. There are many famous gurus or teachers propagating Yoga and meditation. Yoga can be used as an exercise for physical fitness. Yoga trains the body for physical fitness and meditation trains the mind. Yoga and meditation heals the mind, body and soul. Yoga and meditation are an ideal combination, it is essential for the hectic life. It is a great idea to rejuvenate the mind, body and soul through Yoga and meditation. The healing effect of Yoga and meditation is amazing, it has been drawing much attention in the international circles. There are many who vouch by Yoga and meditation due to its healing effect in their regular lives.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:24 am

Umm...ok? I respect what you're trying to say here, but you make many unsupported claims in this small essay. Claims need evidentiary support, so when you say Yoga has healing properties, you should follow that up with an example or two of people in the news who were healed with Yoga. This should be easy, because you also said Yoga's healing power is drawing "much attention in international circles". You use tourist interest as validation of the usefulness of Yoga, but this is a weak claim without support. How many tourists continue practicing after they take the class, compared to the number who never took it seriously to begin with, but just wanted the experience to post on Facebook? I'd be very interested to see what support you could come up with and what conclusions you could draw from what you find.

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Flossing is very underrated. Meditate a few minutes less every day and spend them taking good care of your teeth.
Back to top Go down
Figment

Figment

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:05 pm

I can say is Meditation helps with blood presser and hart rate buy more then you think.  Those 2 things will help you in the long run. Yoga will help with flexibility and joint pain. There have been lots of study's that tell you that. 
I do not do Yoga but I do meditate and do ti-chi.

as a side note all 3 things help with stress.
  Flossing is good too but I would put the phone down to give time for that.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:50 pm

I think yoga and meditation were not allowed in Christian religion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 am

In Psalms it talks about meditating, so it's allowed. And nowhere does it say stretching is bad.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Perhaps, "therapeutic" would have been better than just "healing". Stretching exercises are good therapy for joints and muscles.

Meditation has many psychological benefits, not the least of which is producing a calming state.
Back to top Go down
The Great Pumpkin

The Great Pumpkin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:02 am

It is (I believe there have been studies done to support it) suggested that thoughts can produce a physiological response in our bodies, so it stands to reason that the practice of meditation could provide a healing factor, if you meditate towards such a goal.

I mean, fear tends to stimulate adrenaline and laughing, serotonin/endorphins. It's not too far fetched to think that meditation could recruit the bodies own healing mechanisms.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:45 am

Yes, some studies do support the healing effects. One important consideration is the source of such claims. Make sure to research and find unbiased sources when possible.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:31 am

My witch doctor say it's bogos.
Back to top Go down
The Great Pumpkin

The Great Pumpkin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Equal wrote:
My witch doctor say it's bogos.
 Does he/she also say "Oo ee oo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang"? Cause if so, I'd consider switching Witch Doctors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:27 pm

I want to get into meditation; I have a few good books on it, my favorite is Meditation 24/7, comes with a CD. Also, Slaying the Three Dragons by Antho Strano was enlightening as well, a very warm feeling too.
Back to top Go down
The Great Pumpkin

The Great Pumpkin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 am

Check out the site Calm.com. You can set a time limit for some guided meditation. great site. I believe they have an app too.
Back to top Go down
Daremyth

Daremyth

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:32 am

Ok that was working for me -  http://www.calm.com/   - 'til they threw the phones in my face.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:18 am

The different typeface Jackieg used made me think her awkwardly worded essay was a cut-and-paste, so I Googled the first line, and I found the same essay over and over in forums everywhere, always with the same title, always by a member with only one post.

Yeeeeah, I'm pretty sure this is a spambot.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:23 am

Daremyth wrote:
Ok that was working for me -  http://www.calm.com/   - 'til they threw the phones in my face.

Oh, the phone app. I thought you meant they threw a phone at you, Naomi Campbell style.
Back to top Go down
Daremyth

Daremyth

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:18 pm

What an ill behaved supervillainmodel NC has been. But I did enjoy the relaxing mood until, yes, the phone app intruded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heal through Yoga and meditation   Heal through Yoga and meditation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Heal through Yoga and meditation
Page 1 of 1