Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fighting style

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the black light

the black light

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:32 pm

What kind of fighting style do you have if you trained in if any, and how do you like it, will you learn any other?
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:07 am

The instructor I learn from always believed in self defense first our primary style is taekwondo but has elements from other styles such as kickboxing Muay Thai judo juijitsu shorin-Ryu style karate ninjutsu and a weapons system based off of the FMA system
Back to top Go down
the black light

the black light

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Oh cool i have done Muay Thai and Judo but i want to learn some Taekwondo too.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 pm

As long as you find a good TKD school which is rare most of them transitioned to the Olympic foot fencing style which I am not a fan of
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 am

I don't belive in fighting styles. You can train in styles, but fighting is just violence. Adapt to the situation, use your teeth if you have to. And with some experience and common sense, you can aviod it.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:26 am

Situational awareness is still the best technique around
Back to top Go down
The Paladin

The Paladin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:52 pm

A few taekwando maneuvers. Some kickboxing, regular boxing. Longsword, Greatsword, and staff/spear techniques. Throw in some katana training and a few other styles of fighting. I mostly mix all of these together into a rather varied and unique fighting style.
Back to top Go down

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:29 am

I tend to lean towards the more brutal systems of Haganah, Kapap, Lotar, and Krav Maga. Oh, and Gunslinging of course; I'd much rather just shoot someone than risk getting into a game of fisticuffs with them. It's safer that way. 

I like it; it's simple, quick, and devastatingly effective; leaves nothing to chance. In my opinion, if one must fight, they shouldn't fight fair; they should fight dirty and make sure the other guy doesn't get back up. Fighting is ugly; I hate fighting, but if you must fight, WIN. 

Will I learn any other forms? No; I have not the time, the money, nor the inclination to learn any other systems. Most other systems take too many years to learn, and are composed of fancy moves that become irrelevant when your gross motor skills fly out the window upon the engagement of your Fight or Flight response to a real-world violent encounter; they are sports and games that are best saved for the dojo in a controlled setting with padding and rules and regulations, or in an arena with spectators as a social sport. I prefer tactics that have been battle-tested by military personnel overseas. 

Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1Tue May 02, 2017 11:12 pm

I train in Defendu, which is a combination of different martial arts. Without a partner, my training is focused on the striking more than the grappling. I also have training in MACP, and pre-MACP combatives. I've found it more helpful to study Psychology. Winning without fighting shows how good you are, more than getting into a fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fighting style Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting style   fighting style Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

fighting style
Page 1 of 1