Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Martial Art?

Go down 
+27
JohnDoe
Midnite Detective
RedLight
patchwork
Red Falcon
The Jinn
Black Cat
Vulpo
Night Stryder
Rogue
thanatos
Paladin
Chivalry
Crossfire the Crusader
Sleepless
E0N (Inactive)
Flora V. Arbor
Zimmer
Krystalline
RobertHood
NightAngel
Gauge
Jack Shadow
Short Cut
Equal
Red Dragon
Dark Guardian
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

What Martial Art? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Assuming you can strike accurately while the person is moving. Not so ideal for patrol scenarios, as the assailant isn't likely to stand still for your strike. Also, imperfect strikes can lead to unwanted results and repercussions, but that is similar with any fighting style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 am

Well what I mean is when the oppurtunity presents itself. For example, I was once in a riot at the School, so I had to act quick and get out of there because there were too many and it was every man for himself, and the staff were also getting out of control, a patient threw a straight punch so I blocked to the live side while grabbing is wrist and put him in a cavilier then sent a chop to his jaw; the point were it connects to the skull, which dislocates the jaw, thus sending a bundle of pain signals to his brain which overloads the body and causes it to temproarily shut down, therefore rendering him unconscious; the whole manuevar takes about 3 seconds; he never saw it coming. Don't force anything while in a combative situation of course, but almost any attack on you can be countered with an oppurtunity at a vital point strike. Certian strikes can cause damage; such as kicking someone in the groin, but a lot of them simply cause pain without physically harming the individual. There's tons of combative forms, but I feel the best one suited for me and the most humane is Pressure Point Combat, and FACT (Fast Action Control Techniques). I usually mix it up with Krav Maga; krav maga is great for quick, easily learned defenses and disarmings, and combined with pressure point combat is absolute beurty in my opinion. But yeah, I suppose various individuals have their different favorite combative arts. Smile

Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Pressure points is a good way to deal permanent nerve damage. There is no such thing as a controlled fight, that's fantasy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Very true. If it even gets to the point where physical engagment is necsary then shit must really be hitting the fan. But potential nerve damage versus internal damage to the organs or death do to an improper blow to the head I feel is less serious, and if the situation demands it then I'd do what's necessary.

I always try to deal with a potentially violent encounter from a more indirect approach, by utilizing basic psychology and sociology, and trying to get inside there head; this only will work, (potentially) if you can see that a currently non-serious situation is about to get serious. I once saw two men pushing and shoving outside a storefront, and I could see that is was about to get serious, so I just shouted "Hey does anyone know what Ghandi's batting average was in '08?!" They paused for a moment, trying to figure out what the hell I was talking about, and how the hell it corresponded with their current predicament. I then launched into "Haha, just kidding guys; I couldn't help but notice your guys' scuffle here, and I felt like I should let you know I saw some pigs a while back headed this way; now, I fuckin' hate cops an' I don't wanna be here when they come around, and I'm bettin' you don't either, so just play it cool an' act like nothin's happ'nin kay?" Their faces went from angry, to worried/suspicious as they glanced around and started casually walking in opposite directions giving each other the evil eye, and I'm pretty sure they never saw each other again. In most violent encounters the beginning result is often of one thing: Anger; which is simply a chemical reaction occuring in their brain, and all a chemical reaction needs to get to be interefered with is another chemical that disrupts the current reaction. In this case, by lying through my teeth up and down, (I was lying about seeing police officers a while back, hating them, not wanting to be there when they "got" there, and I was lying throughout the whole thing on how I was carrying myself; like a fellow punk looking to avoid some trouble, therefore they saw me as a friend trying to help them as opposed to a nosey prick trying to tattle on them. I'm not saying that it's a viable option everytime, but if you know how to work people then it will become invaluable when trying to break up potentially nasty situations before the occur, which is why the first thing I wanted to learn was sociology and psychology. Anyway, I tend to type a lot because when I type I don't really think while I'm typing; I just start thinking and my fingers start moving, so I'm gonna conclude this specific message; lol, sorry for the too-in-depth reply. Smile

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

I agree that confusing people with stories is a good idea.

Perhaps they are hot-heads who will find a reason to swing later.

Perhaps they will get hungry and go home and end up falling asleep
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 pm

I practice Sneak-up-and-smack-'em-on-the-head-with-a-big-stick-Fu.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:17 pm

About descalation:

I find behaviorism a lot more useful than psycology and sociology when it comes to descalation. Even better: Use one of the technices that's allready out there.

I belive there are a descalation guide somewhere on this forum that is quite awesome. Couldn't find it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 am

I personally feel that it's my job to protect the innocent; not punish the guilty. Like, I feel if I tried to prevent an event that may occur would be too close to looking for trouble. What I am is simply a watchful protector, meaning if I see something that requires my immediate attention, I'll do what's necesarry to prevent that moment in time. I feel any further action is interefering with fate. Perhaps those two individuals need to get in a fight to work their problems out; when they do it in public is when it becomes a problem for me because it puts themselves and others at risk. If it's not their destiny to solve their problems in a non-physical manner, then what I do is obsolete. It is like the Gardner; who steps into plant the seeds; and then steps out of the picture. A bit later he will go and tend to them; observe if any insects are infesting the plants; to make sure there is enough water and sun. He does not expect and immediate result. He does not plant the seeds one day; then dig them up the next day, to see if they have sprouted? Nor does he become impatient by flooding the waters; hoping for an immediate result. He knows the Eighth Principle of Spiritual Living:The Qaulity of Stepping In, and Stepping Out; a ver necesarry skill if the survival of our humanity is to be achieved. Thus being on a constant watch of what an individual will do, or might do. Is stepping int too much; this is getting to involved with the picture, and is intereference. What I do is plant seeds of good intention, and rolemodel behaviour, and then be patient with myself, and those arround. Concerning myself with events which may occur is Obsessing About the Future; A Peaceful Warrior neither dwells in the past, nor Obsess About the future; he must live completely in the here and now. So in my opinion, protecting people by protecting them from what is occuring in the hear and now is the best way to achieve balance in one's life. If I go on regular patrols, then I deprive myself of other things which may be important such as my chores or an appointment and other concerns which if were interupted would achieve only a negative result. But by being the best Me I can be in the hear and now is what I know as balance. I feel if everyone was focussed on being the best human being they could in the here and now, then humanity as a whole would be on a fast track to mass evolution where peace is the dominant qaulity of daily life. Anyway, lol. Sorry that dragged out there a bit; I just like trying to explain every reason why I do something or say spmething, because before i do or say anything I tend to dissect it into what exactly makes it an effective mode of communication, so yeah....that's why I tend to type really long posts and replies and whatnot; I'll try to cut back and dumb my brain down a little. Anyway; I suppose that concludes that, Peace! Smile

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:20 am

or you can go down the the shelter and help care for the abandoned animals
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:20 am

OR YOU CAN MURDER ENGLISH IVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:46 am

English Ivy? Sorry lol, I'm lost, I've been having back pains and so doc subscribed me some vikadin so I'm a little slow tonight. Are you saying I'm profoundly aliterate? ...Thanks, lol XD I've taught myslef pretty much everything I know because my family was...dysfunctional while I was a little kid and didn't really have the time to teach me Academics, so I just read a lot and practice writing a lot, and from there I can teach myself other stuff. But yeah, Reading and Writing were the first things I taught myself. Anyway; if I'm not understand what English Ivy is and it's correspondence to this topic, then my apologies; I'll understand it when I wake up, lol. Peace! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 8 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What Martial Art?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8