Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cold Resistance Training HURTS!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Empty
PostSubject: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 pm

I just stepped outside for a few minutes in an open sweatshirt jacket to train my cold resistance.

It was not pleasant. My hands are still a bit chilly as I type this.

Maybe I should start lighter.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Last edited by Midnite Detective on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Mentally is all I'm going for right now. I'm already planning to invest in thermal underwear for the physical aspect Razz

Now that I think about it, this may explain why I have such a natural heat resistance. I normally take really hot showers Shocked
Back to top Go down
Astraios

Astraios

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:45 pm

I have little to no meat on my bones, body has like no fat supplies, pretty freezing even with a fleece a hoodie and 2 shirts on. Put some thermals on, was pretty substantial in helping with the cold
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:49 pm

I've been wearing a sleeveless hoody for two years now as a winter jacket. Move to Alaska, you'll acclimate.
Back to top Go down
DRock

DRock

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm Canadian. That alone is a lifetime's worth of cold resistance training. *LOL*

I'm in my fall gear (don't ask) and my canvas sneakers (don't ask) as well as cheap Wal-Mart gloves (ok, this isn't my actual gear, this is my civvies). I can stand it for a half hour in -20 C temperatures. Not fun. Can't wait to get my extra money for my housesitting gig, then I can get some proper boots and ski pants for my Mk 1 Winter Dappersuit (TM).

On another note, you have to have some brutal winters, with the wind blowing from the great lakes. Bundle up!
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Personally, I'll stick to the thermal underwear. Though I do have a light jacket as part of my uniform too (which, despite how few people believe me about this, is actually pretty darn warm).
Back to top Go down
Rebound

Rebound

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 pm

I heard a good trick today, drinking cold beverages with ice in the cold weather and drinking hot drinks when you're hot can help get your body temperature closer to that of the environment. Therefore, you feel less cold, since there isn't such a great of energy exchange between you and your surroundings. I never thought about it before, but it makes logical sense, and the guy who told me said he learned it in the navy.
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Hmmmmm........that actually explains a lot. Mainly why I have such an easy time drinking cold beverages in the winter (despite others thinking I'm nuts when I do so).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
Try a cold shower and work your way up. Very Happy
And, yes, I'm being serious.
Stay as long as you can in it.
Then push it a little more each day. You will get more resistant to it, even if only mentally.
What, you don't all only take ice cold showers already? Pussies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm with DRock on this one. Just come spend a couple weeks to a month up here with some of us in Canada. Then when you go home you won't notice the cold so much. I heard from a few people today that Calgary was ranked the second coldest place on earth, just after the North Pole.
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 am

Hmmmmm........I do like Canada.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Resistance Training HURTS!   Cold Resistance Training HURTS! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cold Resistance Training HURTS!
Page 1 of 1