Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...

Go down 
+17
Justice258
NightAngel
Enviroman
The Anomaly
Prof. Midnight
E0N (Inactive)
Flora V. Arbor
Red Dragon
Lionheart
kapes13
ZERO
Midnite Detective
Equal
Sleepless
Jack Shadow
PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta
Superhero
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 am

silent
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:54 am

Not for nothing, but I see that plan going horribly awry really quickly. But that's just me...

Also, if you hogtie someone you can expect to be put in handcuffs.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:03 am

yah, just running scenearios.
As a woman, I will hogtie the person or leave.
I'm not going to just allow the guy to get up and start anything more

Most people can be handled with ideas ( words )
and most scenearios require multiple strikes
Back to top Go down
Prof. Midnight

Prof. Midnight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Your original question is very valid SH. No 2 people are going to fight the same way. But they can probably be put into groups. So watching as many fighters as you can would be a good start.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah, I don't see how it could be anything other than helpful, personally. I like to look at bad things that happen in general and think "if I'd been there, what would/could I have done..." I can't say how helpful that's been, but it has to be better than not doing it.

And by coincidence I was reading something a couple of days ago about how a particular MMA fighter gets ready for his matches -- it included a lot of time studying footage of his opponent fighting and thinking about how to beat him.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Quote :
Also, if you hogtie someone you can expect to be put in handcuffs.

Just ask ML....he got lucky they let him go when they found out what the guy he did it to was.

Quote :
Your original question is very valid SH. No 2 people are going to fight the same way. But they can probably be put into groups. So watching as many fighters as you can would be a good start.

Exactly.

I saw this one the other day where this kid, tall & skinny did this windmill thing is all I can describe it as shrieking like a girl &beat the crap out of the other kid because he startled him so bad. I was trying to think about what I'd do to stop him W/O really hurting him because it was so ridiculous Laughing

I came up with Open handed Pie face him on the side of the head & yell "Knock it off" or Knuckle punch him in the upper lip in the nerves (Mandibular?) under his nose & yell the same thing.

Fights are weird.

Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Quote :
As a woman, I will hogtie the person or leave.

You don't even need to fight them Flora. 99% of men will consent to being Hogtied by you anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Quote :
Most people can be handled with ideas ( words )

Just for Giggle Snorts I used to go out to this Club that Laser beamer worked at on New years eves (Out of gimmick) & help the bouncers clear the place out & break up fights after closing.

New years is amateur night for drunks & most "frat boys" would scatter when you walk up with your daddy voice & yell "WTH is going on?" no matter how much liquid back bone they had in them.
Words work.

Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Oh I got what the thread was about. And I'm saying I'm going to find a way to make sure you can't stand up. Fight over if you cant attack. Otherwise I wouldn't be fighting you, I don't attack until attacked or unless I'm defending. Period.

Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:10 pm

IDK if you'd have gotten a shot at his knees. He was F*&^ing fast. I think grabbing him was a better option.

Besides...if you had seen him sodamize that bag I don't think you'd have wanted him to punch you while you're trying to shoot a low sidekick in his knees. I guess you had to see it. I wouldn't trade blows with him at all. It was scary.
Back to top Go down
Sleepless

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Superhero wrote:
IDK if you'd have gotten a shot at his knees. He was F*&^ing fast. I think grabbing him was a better option.

Besides...if you had seen him sodamize that bag I don't think you'd have wanted him to punch you while you're trying to shoot a low sidekick in his knees. I guess you had to see it. I wouldn't trade blows with him at all. It was scary.

Shocked What kind of place was this?
Back to top Go down
The Anomaly

The Anomaly

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:44 pm

I've seen a video of a kid who was extremely fast. It was in some sort of parking lot. The big guy is raising his fists, getting ready to get in a fist fight with this 'nerdy' guy. He does this stupid looking thing that people do when they pretend they know or make fun of karate. The big guy does a large hook and he just quickly blocks it, and knocks the big guy out. I agree, speed is always good, and hooks are generally bad. It would actually be the same thing I would have done.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Quote :
What kind of place was this?

A Hardcore GYM. (took us forever to find one) Not a god damn fitness center. Old school gyms have weights & bags & accommodate athletes as well as weight lifters.

I know how to yank someone off balance by their arm & side kick'em in the knee, I don't think I could have done it to this kid W/O him nailing me in the face about 10 times before hand. I'd rather grab him.

But we're talking scenarios. Watch fights & see what you think you'd do.

@Anom: If you're a bigger guy watch what the big guy did wrong

If you're a smaller guy do what the fast kid did.

Back to top Go down
The Anomaly

The Anomaly

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm more of a medium guy, and very skinny.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:39 pm

With a striker, grappling is an option, as is getting close, but not always guaranteed, as if he gets a good shot in the right place on your way in it's all over anyway.

As the bigger guy, you want to try to maintain your distance, first of all. Low kicks and long hands are great for this, fighting a good striker is a matter of being a good counter fighter and knowing your distance.

Keep him out of his range and in yours for as long as you can. He's going to have to do either two things, either initiate and close the distance, which will leave him open for either a counter or a grapple shoot(preferably both), or he's going to have to keep out and hope to god you over-commit on something.

Chances are, someone that fast, smaller, and skilled is going to expect a bigger guy to go for the shoot/grapple/bear hug. You're better off just keeping him at arms length, maintaining your reach advantage, and then swallowing him up when he tries to close the distance. Even then you gotta be careful, he can still strike in close. Use walls/floors/scenery as blunt force delivery systems as often as you can, you want to keep him on his heels and disoriented.

Of course, this is all assuming you've got a few inches and a few pounds on him(as I'm pretty sure you do :-P)
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 am

Thank you, SH and YES to the DAD-voice!

There is a movie called " The best of times".

The spin-off shown in there is worth learning.
Spin-offs are good for fighting larger people.
Also, I FIRMLY recommend watching
"Most Shocking"
and "World Dumbest'

They have the BEST karate footage I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:30 am

They just showed an old waiter go to the curb to get rid of a drunk guy with a big
kitchen knife.

The waiter grabbed the guys other hand and spun him like you would a small girl
and flung him into the street

whew!
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:38 am

I'm somewhere in between big guy and little guy. I'm not saying I'd beat him, but I am saying if he doesn't have reach I have a good chance. I haven't had many people get inside my reach. He'd be trying to get inside expecting me to do something big-guy dumb, and I'd pull the dirty knee snap on him.

Supes, for you I'd definitely just fake bum rush you and then drop kick your knees. I know if your big ass gets ahold of me I'm toast.
Back to top Go down
NightAngel

NightAngel

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:26 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Quote :
I'm not saying I'd beat him, but I am saying if he doesn't have reach I have a good chance. I haven't had many people get inside my reach.

Actually if it was YOU personally against the guy, I'd still bet on you because I've seen you work. he'd wap you a few times & you'd say F*&^ this" & leap right over his head & grab him by the collar from behind & yank in to the ground & use his head for a speed bag until somebody drug you off of him.

The guys like you, KO, renegade, & Z have HUGE advantages in that you're all well trained, TALL, and have experience, You've been a bouncer & experience is the biggest thing.

That makes me think too, of course the best thing to think about is One on one but who you roll with counts too, He'd bust me in the head about 20 times in a second when i got in his face & as I was falling back I'd be yelling to Symbiote "take him please." & Sym might let him live if he was in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Tall isn't always an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Tall gusy are easy to fight.
It takes them too long to travel the length of their limbs.
A small person can get inside the range,
push out on the limbs and strike on inside targets.

Fist people, like this kid, can be tackled.

He might still be swinging on the way down but in a grapple,
he'll be out of his element.

Wrestlers, in my humble opinion, are THE toughest to fight - even tougher than
Martial Artists who tend to stick to tradition.

Wrestlers have techniques that work no matter size, have good endurance
and GREAT strength and strength at odd angles
( odd angles are, usually, what works for a smaller person like me )

One of my huge friends say that for a guy like this, kid
he just grabs the head and brings it to his knee.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Midnight

Prof. Midnight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Did he have fast hands and feet? Not kicking, footwork. I ask b/c, if his foot work was poor, then you could grapple him. But if he has good footwork too, then he'll just avoid getting too close and do an Ali on you...stick and move. Also elbows, knees and head butts might be an alternative to going to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Midnight

Prof. Midnight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:28 pm

His reach is a big factor. If your leg is longer than his arm, then kick him. Even if he blocks it, it brings his hands down and allows you to bridge the gap and get into trapping/grappling range. Even if his reach is greater, this would allow you to bridge the gap.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Quote :
all gusy are easy to fight.
It takes them too long to travel the length of their limbs.
It will depend alot on training (Seen Steven Segal move? If you blink, you'll miss it.), skilled short guy would most likely take the tall guy, but if they where equal in skill, I'd put my money on the guy with the reach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next