Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...

Go down 
+17
Justice258
NightAngel
Enviroman
The Anomaly
Prof. Midnight
E0N (Inactive)
Flora V. Arbor
Red Dragon
Lionheart
kapes13
ZERO
Midnite Detective
Equal
Sleepless
Jack Shadow
PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta
Superhero
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Discussions of sport fighting as related to this are silly, the sports are designed in such a way (safe) that the bigger, stronger, and taller usually have the advantage, though not always. Combat in a self defense situation allows for techniques sport fighting does not, techniques that a skilled fighter will utilize. And no amount of big, tall, and scary can make your eyeballs any more resistant to my fingers in them.

And that's coming from the one trained in sport fighting...
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Tuck your elbows in, hands up, keep your chin down. Use a good jab followed by a good right hook.

Heck even go for a low single takedown, with your size you can keep him down.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:05 pm

I like guys who keep thier hands in front of their faces.
I just push their hands right into their own face
and then kick the lower body without waiting

AND RUN

Seriously, really really fat guys with more than two years of training
are almost impossible to hurt.

"Most Shocking" showed a 400pounder who got mad at his
very fit, large ( 210 ) athletic roommate.
The 210 could not hit hard enough to hurt, cound not push back and could not knock him over.

All the bigguy had to do it grab and walk
but he chose to punch.
Fist goes out with a bit of a body lean and hurt happens.

I threw my whole purple belt test on a man 6 foot 260 with fake teeth and thick glasses
and a black belt.
I got him off of the ground for "Bear-hug, Pinned, in back"
but I did him NO hurt

ANy bigbig guy who stays in training for a while is SERIOUSLY hard to hurt.
See also: Kevin James.

those are THICK trained legs!!!!

mm mm GOOD!
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:14 pm

...Flora, you hurt my brain.
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 pm

That is why when you protect your face with your hand your knuckles rest against your cheek or brow.

I weight about 230 and have a hell of a right hand. I was in boxing for ten years and know the ins- and outs of punching. I almost always am slower than the 180 pounders I spare against. The only thing i can do is use my reach (jab) and follow up jabs with punches. I use close hooks. I never use a haymaker unless I am certain I will not get hit back.

A good rule of thumb, If you are in a street fight and the guy is gonna throw a punch. step back and to the left and he will miss by a mile. Because he will be throwing a Haymaker.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:49 pm

... *blink*
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:01 am

waahaaaa!!!!!!

Zero, you are just thirsty
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 am

Justice, too true about the haymaker.

What else I don't like to fight is guys who are 5'4" or so,
trained and tight.

They punch quickly, move away quickly, ball up quickly,
duck low, run fast and have that hard-to-hurt attitude.

I can't even tackle them.
My best hope with that type is to keep backing up and let them
wear out their arms and wait for the neck-strike opportunity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 pm

There's always gun-fu.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:16 pm

SH is asking about things that do not involve him using a gun.

SH, a guy who punches that much could be pepper sprayed but you'd have to be carrying the
bottle thingy in your hand with your finger right on the trig
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:38 pm

OHH I forgot to add the last part to the haymaker rule!

STRAIGHT RIGHT!!!

I have had to use this technique at a bar and I literally KO'ed 2 guys with this.

When you have to fight with your fists use straight punches because most everyone hasn't trained for fighting and will deliver wide shots. The counter to that is straight punches, but you have to keep your chin down.

I use a tennis ball under my chin while training to help my form.If the tennis ball falls at anytime I am not holding my chin down.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Yah, man!
"Open neck" is very inviting!

...and YES to straight punches!

That is lesson one of my Cardio Karate class!
I show them the rule of foreshortening.

You can see a round punch coming but the straight punch
doesn't but barely show that it is getting closer
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:25 am

In jeet kune do they believe that throwing straight is the key. They also make you throw so that your body is aligned when you connect. Imagine (excuse my language) if your butt crack continued and totally split your body in half. They want you to throw punches from that line. An illustration in "The Tao of JKD" shows Bruce lee standing square to his opponent and he has a major reach advantage.

It is also taught in JKD that a straight punch has no wind up so it is easier to connect (harder to block).

However in Kenpo you throw punches from the hip line and twist at the waist to generate power. A good overhand right will counter a straight, so you need to watch where your opponents fist starts.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:50 am

Ah! The dreaded over-hand right!

ALL HAIL BRUCE LEE

and
thank you for that lovely buttcrack vision
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 am

Throwing punches from the hip line? Cowboy jokes aside, and admittedly having never fought someone of that style, I really can't see how that would be at all successful against someone with a fighting stance holding their hands up in front of them. Twisting at the waist and using your legs to power your hits I get 100%, but having your guard down, I have to question that one.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 am

a bag that hits back

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Throwing punches from the hip line? Cowboy jokes aside, and admittedly having never fought someone of that style, I really can't see how that would be at all successful against someone with a fighting stance holding their hands up in front of them. Twisting at the waist and using your legs to power your hits I get 100%, but having your guard down, I have to question that one.

Kenpo teaches to start the motion from the hips and let the twist from the hip ripple up and out of the fist.

"Use your hips" is what they shout.

Truly, pushing from the toes is a big part of that too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Oh, oh, oh. I get what is being said now. Yes. That is good, use your body, not just your arms. And Aristeroi, that is awesome, and I want one.
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:03 pm

yeah what flora said

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:41 pm

I just had those old karate punching literally from the hip moves in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Throwing wide? Sounds like he doesn't know how to punch. Power with no focus is no power.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:45 pm

It really depends on what you mean by throwing wide. You can generate a lot of power with hooks and casting punches.
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Yeah thowing punches like you throw a baseball will hurt someone pretty bad if it connects. Just have to time what you throw.

A good time to throw a big overhand right is to counter a right handed jab.

Basically you will have you fist down and throw like a baseball. Make sure you duck into it so that your opponents punch goes above your head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 am

like i said, in hand to hand combat the secret is to get that one good hit in.i have a number of hits to use that are very hurtful.the hammer of the godz punch sure to break a jaw or collar bone , ribs.atomic elbow with smashing effect.altered dimension kicks ...must be restrained ( see pics)
to fight a real fast guy like that , i would fake him out and kick him upside his head with the twisted tornado kick.it has never failed me.it's a one hit wonder!
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 am

*blink*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...   So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

So I'm watching this kid hit the bag today...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next