Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Putting an animal down

Go down 
+16
E0N (Inactive)
Blue Alpha
The Reverend
Leviathan
Kaiju
Silver Sentinel
Crossfire the Crusader
Proteus
omniamalgam
Kitty-Kat
Hazmat
Urban Avenger
Gauge
Equal
Veritas
Polarman
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Putting an animal down - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 am

Bronson, I've been there. We had 4 dogs and one of them had cancer. Nothin we could do about it except put her down. She had no idea, but when you see that dog that you grew up with just "faint" in your arms. Its probably one of the most traumatic, heart breaking things you'll ever experience.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:55 am

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 am

nowadays most vets will euthenize a pet for free, but when I was a kid it ussually cost more than treatment. We didn't have money, so if a rabbit got mauled by a dog or a cat got sick, Dad (and later me, when i was old enough) would have to put the pellet rifle against their head and do it ourselves. pretty rough. My only dog, being too big, got a cocktail of antifreeze, booze, and vicodin. He belched, fell asleep, and never woke up.

@Polarman: if these things are unavailable and the Humane Society can't help, consider using your snowshovel for a quick boot-assisted beheading (hardcore but effective). Try to use another method if its a pet though, I'm talking about a hurt squirrel or something.

@Kitty-Kat: I know this disgusts you, but not everyone has what we consider "basic services," especially in the Artic Booneys. Polar's heart was in the right place. And bad place to say it, but...HI! Missed ya, how ya been?
Back to top Go down
Kitty-Kat

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:01 pm

We do not know the extent of the injuries suffered by the puppy. PolarMan, to my knowledge, has no veterinary experience and may not have been able to tell if the puppy was treatable.
Their humane society has planes going to Ottawa on an almost weekly basis and after talking to them on the phone they sound reasonably competent, with basic medical care and stabilization.
The humane society should have been involved, as well as the police. If the puppy was that badly hurt by a human, the person needs to be persecuted.

American Veterinary Medical Association strongly advises against decapitation as the decapitated head may be conscious and suffering for as long as 15 seconds. If decapitation is necessary, the decapitated head needs to be immediately immersed in liquid nitrogen.
Kosher killing is considered humane but it is difficult to perform correctly, the knife needs to be incredibly sharp and both carotid arteries need to be severed (at least that is what I understand).
Shooting (or stabbing) from behind is also difficult. I have a piece saved somewhere on how to properly perform it it. Doing it humanely is certainly not as simple as stabbing at the base of the skull. Not to mention that where exactly to need to stab with vary based on the species.

When it comes to animals Bear Gryls is not the brightest Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Ever watch the show? He does it a lot. All kinds of different animals.
Back to top Go down
Kitty-Kat

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Ever seen him try to ride a 'wild' horse? It is a TV show.

Just because he does it on TV, does not mean he is doing it correctly or humanely.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm pretty sure if he was doing something wrong PETA would be on his ass already. Show's been on for several years.
Back to top Go down
omniamalgam

omniamalgam

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:25 pm

What show?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Man vs. Wild.
Back to top Go down
Kitty-Kat

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:29 pm

PETA is too busy taking photos of naked celebrities.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 pm

That's fine by me. I love that campaign.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:03 pm

I am starting a new thread.

How to Put a Naked Celebritie Down.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Cool. This thread was a little depressing, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Donate clothes to Team Justice and let them take care of it.
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:49 am

A lot of humane societies do not take strays as was mentioned before.

This is quite a heavy subject. What makes it heavier is that whoever hurt the animal will usually move on to a human at some point, so should be prosecuted so that step is stopped.

Good luck with the animals. It is not always easy.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Kitty Kat You live here in Iqaluit?

You have ample knowlage of the Iqaluit humane scociety however There are reports that they may be shutting down due to lack of funding and vollunteers

Everyone else Thank you all for your support in this The police have been made aware of the situation and thereason I did not use a knife or my shovel to kill it is because My shovel was at home I dont need it in the summer time and I hate knives as much as I hate guns It would have been too far to walk while carrying the puppy and The family wanted it to die in their yard so the police and the by-law could look for evidence They are aware that I put her down and they are aware of the method I used to do so and they know I wouldnt let it go on suffering the way it was Alot of the animals taken in are right now being shipped out to other shelters in Ottawa and Edmonton so that they dont have to be put down because we could be on the verge of loosing our shelter

Maybe one of you might come across an Iqaluit husky who is hoping for a new home to live in
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Polarman can you volunteer there?
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Ive done some snow shoveling over there Im also stretched out as it is with other things but The other vllunteers know how to call me if there is an animal that they dont want to handle like rats snakes bugs lizards and other creepy crawlies because they know that I dont have any problem with picking them up
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Any updates on who might have done this?
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

None yetthat I have but I might be out tonight on patrol so Ill be watching other outside pets while Im out there
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:53 am

Humans are the only species that would not only kill a supposedly species just for s**ts and giggles, but would rape, stab in the eye, take a screwdriver and brutalize the girls genitals and murder said girl, a member of their own species.

Any animal you could run into would NEVER... EVER... do this, even on its worst days... the supposed "LESSER" species know what they're doing.

Good night all...
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:04 am

Leviathan wrote:
Humans are the only species that would not only kill a supposedly species just for s**ts and giggles, but would rape, stab in the eye, take a screwdriver and brutalize the girls genitals and murder said girl, a member of their own species.

Any animal you could run into would NEVER... EVER... do this, even on its worst days... the supposed "LESSER" species know what they're doing.

Good night all...

Um, except for chimps.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Actually PETA would be way too busy having celebs posing for pictures while holding baby animals and they are so high up on themselves that they dont realise the harm they are doing to themselves and to the animals that they think "Look cute" When that Beetle guy did it with a seal pup he had no idea what kind of seal he was doing it with and Lepoard seals are not called lepords just for their spots They can and have benn known to attack humans and other predators to defend their pups That seal cub that Paul handles Was very likely abandonded by its own mother because he was covered in human stink instead of the scent that mommy uses to identify the pup with He probably starved to death or died of exposure My hope is that a natural predator like a Polar Bear or Orca got to him before he suffered because of that Beetle guy
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Yeah, but those things are for self defense, not for sport or to just be a dick.

Polarbear dad: RAWWWRRRRR..... F**K WITH MY KID? *slash!*

Human Dad: huh huh huh.... check this out... Welcome to club baby seal, son! The most slamin' place in the Antarctic! *WHACK!*
You won't ever see the polar bear dad do that. Hunt for food, not to be cruel.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Sometimes if a Polarbear is hungry because there isnt enough food in the wild such as the case last winter because the sea ice was really late forming up They will wander into communities and prey on pets and sometimes children such was the case last year in other communities who also saw the really unusually warm winter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting an animal down   Putting an animal down - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Putting an animal down
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next