Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reporting a crime..

Go down 
+2
Proteus
dexdexdex
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dexdexdex

dexdexdex

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Reporting a crime.. Empty
PostSubject: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Good morning/evening guys. I went out on a walk tonight to see what was going on in the early hours in my town and witnessed a driver pull into a secluded car park, I stepped into the shadows and witnessed a man get out and begin to hammer at the pay machine. When I called the police I was asked to give my name, my question to rlsh is what name do you give when you report crimes over the phone to the police?
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:02 pm

I believe you can tell the 911 operator that you wish to remain anonymous.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:55 am

I give them my real name .
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:35 am

Its your right to ask to remain anonymous (police started this to fight the public's fear of coming foreward) but if its a serious matter that you may have to testify in court to get the perp his just punishment, you may want to leave your real name and number.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:46 am

What Blue Alpha said. Also, did you notice whether there were security cameras?
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:57 pm

What happens if your record the event yourself and give them the tape without a name? Does that give them reason enough to arrest without you yourself having to come forward?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:19 pm

You'd have to be able to show clearly who the person is, and that the incident happened on public property, and not the personal property of the person accused. You may still have to testify as to the authenticity if the video, and will likely be grilled by the defense on the methods of collection of evidence, and reliability of the tape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reporting a crime..   Reporting a crime.. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Reporting a crime..
Page 1 of 1