Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playing card workout

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Playing card workout Empty
PostSubject: Playing card workout   Playing card workout Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey ya'll, thought I'd share my favorite way to workout. I'll be the first to admit I don't do it enough (though my goal is to change that once I recover from my hernia surgery), but it builds endurance and uses muscle confusion, which helps keep you from platueing.

Basically, I pick 4 days to excercise. Two days are upper-body days, the other are lower body days. I primarily use body-weight and dumbells, but use whatever you have! The excercises I list are just examples; I do my best to use different ones every week to avoid boredom.Here's an example of the excercises used in a week:

Monday:
Dive-bomber pushups
Bicep curls with 15lb dumbells
Shoulder shrugs with same dumbells
Bicycle crunches

Wendsday:
Free squats
Calf raises using 20lb dumbells
Mountain climbers
Steam engines

Friday:
Skull crushers using 10lb dumbell
Wide push-ups
Hammer curls using 10lb dumbells
Reverse crunches

Sunday:
Flutter kicks
Lunges
Step-ups
Planks

To do these, take to decks of playing cards and shuffle them. Assign each excercise to a suit-On Monday, spades are dive-bombers, clubs are bicep curls, hearts are shrugs, and diamonds are bicycles.Basically you take cards and do that number of reps (I count face cards as 15, and aces as one explosive rep), then go to the next card without stopping. "5 of clubs=5 curls, immediatly followed by Jack of hearts=15 shrugs..". Continue until you go through both decks.
I may not be muscle bound, but my cardio is always good. This won't make you muscle bound, but you're endurance and conditioning will benifit.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Playing card workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing card workout   Playing card workout Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:33 pm

cool! I like this ( as if you were worried Wink )
Back to top Go down

Playing card workout
Page 1 of 1