Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gastric Measures

Go down 
+22
SkyMan
Equal
Superman
DarkShadow
Vulpo
firelight
The Ranger
Instructor
Polarman
Flora V. Arbor
Gadgetastic!
Proteus
Midnite Detective
toggle
the crimson fist
Starman
E0N (Inactive)
Gauge
hiddensparrow
Leviathan
adamm[]
Idea Man
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Gastric Measures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:07 am

Idea Man wrote:
I wouldn't want to be in Navy Search and Rescue.
Well me neither, but I'm only saying, it's an option.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 am

I don't know if I ever would have signed up for the National Guard, but it is kind of disappointing to know that I never could.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:13 am

I can't either, sir.
There are many ways to achieve many goals.
Many of them are good.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:52 am

Ok, we're two months in today, about time to drop into the 4XL Smile
Back to top Go down
toggle

toggle

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 pm

New video! New video! Plz!
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Here is another video that I did back in February:

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:17 pm

You look great!  Your skin colors shows that you are doing it the healthy way!  I was just going to say that you need to do a bit for the shoulders and then, you said that you were getting to the gym- YAY!

Weightlifting only twice a week is best.  Mon/Thurs or Wed/weekend

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:45 pm

From one manly man to another, I'm impressed. You look great. Keep us posted on your progress my friend. You took control and are on your way to a longer, stronger and healthier life. For the record, my favorite musical goddess (Carnie Wilson) also had that procedure done,....twice. one gastric bypass and the other lap-band. She was brave enough to have the procedure done on live TV. Today she looks fantastic, still has the occasional up and down but over all she is a lot smaller and healthier that she originally was. She wrote 2 books on it too. Just remember one thing, now that you've done this, its a work in progress, not perfection. Perfection will always come later, right now, you've taken the first step and so far, your doing great.

Off the record, I will personally visit the nightmares of the first person that pokes fun at me for being a Carnie Wilson/Wilson-Phillips fan...make no mistake. You don't want that to happen, trust me. Wink 

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 pm

HOLY F**K! YOU'RE BACK!
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:08 pm

I don't have the gym membership anymore.  I pretty much slacked off on the the whole weight-lifting thing.  I wish that I could find a way to get exercise that I could stay enthusiastic about for an extended period of time.  I would like to try taking classes, but they always cost money.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:28 pm

1st off welcome back Idea man I missed you. Now as far as exercise goes you may want to do like I did and get a job on a loading dock unloading trucks. After all if you are going to work up a sweat handling heavy objects you may as well get paid for it.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Superman's idea is really good!

Also, I am happy to give you a workout that will work for you.

Just let me know how much time you have to spend and 
 what sort of equipment you have
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 pm

When I lose motivation, I do something else. Many ways to work out.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:14 am

Equal wrote:
When I lose motivation, I do something else. Many ways to work out.
I think I can do anything for some amount of time - like eating healthy and exercising regularly.  I just always seem to get to a point when I say "screw it" and go back to an unhealthy lifestyle.  

I have been thinking about giving self-hypnosis a try.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:19 am

i did hypnosis for a long time.  I put it on an audio tape.

I had to listen to it EVERY night for the effect.
You have to make the sentences "you" sentences, not "I" sentences.

I listened to it as I slept.

"You have good handwriting"
"You remember to put money in the parking meter every time, happily".

They have to be positive sentences
 and they work well for behavior.
It didn't work on my bunion because it is not a behavior.

Further, I'm going to guess that you might just get to a point when you get too tired.
 Many people do too much at once and end up quitting in three months.
I can write yo a short workout that will be easier to keep up
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
Further, I'm going to guess that you might just get to a point when you get too tired.
I don't think it is a matter of being physically tired so much as just bored and fed up with the hassle.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:49 pm

so,  we tailor it for hassle-free.

is three days a week good for you?

i can write one for two days a week if you like
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Idea Man wrote:
I think I can do anything for some amount of time - like eating healthy and exercising regularly.  I just always seem to get to a point when I say "screw it" and go back to an unhealthy lifestyle. 
Are you sure you are focusing on the problem and not just the symptoms?
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Equal wrote:
Are you sure you are focusing on the problem and not just the symptoms?
I am rarely sure of anything.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:37 pm

Ive got quite a few friends that have had weight-loss surgery and gained most of the weight back.... how much have you been able to keep off Idea?
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:53 pm

SkyMan wrote:
Ive got quite a few friends that have had weight-loss surgery and gained most of the weight back.... how much have you been able to keep off Idea?
Before starting my pre-op diet, I weighed around 415 pounds.  I weighed myself today and I was 290.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:17 am

are there any types of exercise that you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Daremyth

Daremyth

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:50 am

Wish there was a recent update to this from Idea Man.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:02 am

Daremyth wrote:
Wish there was a recent update to this from Idea Man.

After initially losing about 100 pounds, I have stayed at pretty much the same weight.
Back to top Go down
Daremyth

Daremyth

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:31 am

That's pretty impressive.  I read the whole thread, in awe.  Thank you for taking the time to update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gastric Measures   Gastric Measures - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Gastric Measures
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Fitness and Nutrition-
Jump to: