Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?

Go down 
+7
ANKH
Polarman
E0N (Inactive)
adamm[]
Flora V. Arbor
Zombie
Blue Rattler
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Empty
PostSubject: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Anyone feel like doing a 90 day fitness challenge? I thought we could start 9/1, and finish 12/1.

We don't have to do the whole before/after pics (unless you want to). Rather, I thought everyone interested could start a training post in here. Just kind of report in daily or weekly.

Since everyone's goals are different, you just tell us in your training posts what your goals are and how they're going.

So, anyone interested in joining me?
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 pm

What did you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Well . . . we could do this:

Everyone shoot me (or post) the following before or on Day 1 (9/1)

- Height
- Weight
- Neck measurement
- Waist measurement (taken around belly button).

We can figure out your body fat % from that.

Then, throughout the 90 days, you have to do the following:

- Post at least once a week in a journal post you create here on the site. Write about what you're doing for your fitness program, nutrition, etc.
- On or before Day 90 (12/1), shoot (or post) your height, weight, neck, and waist measurements again.

The person with the biggest body fat % loss wins. But in all honesty, the real point is to get everyone involved focused on their fitness for three months.

Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Maybe for the winner, we have a prize (nothing elaborate, but I could come up with something). Perhaps something in line with being a RLSH.

Maybe a trophy like this:

http://www.trophystore.co.uk/antique-gold-resin-multi-award-hero-trophy-18cm
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:56 pm

O. I thought you had a set work out we would all do. What what does neck messurments have to do with it? I've never heard that before.
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 pm

I can put up a set workout for anyone interested. Of course, you could do you own thing as well.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 pm

( am I allowed in????)
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Of course, Flora.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

xia xia!

I dunno wot my goal will be but I just LOVE the exercising!

My nutrition won't change much
but that might show things in and of itself, yah?

I'l get some measuring tape out in a few, good?
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:49 pm

i just got off my 2 month vacation, i went from 227 to 186 so i got bored with losing weight so i got drunk for a while and i shot back up to 200. So i guess i can join in on this fun'nes. but im starting back up tomorrow, sorry Sad

Monday-
shoulder presses 80 lbs 10x, 60 x10,40 x10
bench press 135 x20
curls 50 lbs x10, drop down to 40lbs x 10, then 30 lbs x10
2 handed reverse curls on machine 40lbs x20, 50 lbs x10 [when i say reverse curls i dont mean reversing your palms, i push the weight downwards rather than bringing it upwards.]
1 handed reverse curls on machine 20lbs x20

Tuesday-
Pull up machine 140lbs 10x, drop down to 100lbs 10x drop down to 60lbs 15-20x
i mix up my grips, reverse, wide
Row machine 150lbs 10x, drop down to 125 10x, drop down to 75 20x
Free weight rows 40lbs x10,

Wednesday-
Dead Lift- 115lbs x20 145 x10
Squats-
135 x10, 115 x20, 165 x10

Thursday and Friday is cardio on treadmills and ellipticals. i try to burn around 2000 calories on cardio days, at least thats what the machines tell me.

sat+sun Counter Strike!! gotta keep that hand eye coordination in check.

i do 3-4 sets, maybe 5, i stop counting once i do 3 sets. i usually spend 2 hours at the gym in the morning and go back again around 4-6 for another hour. i do my max weight reps the second time. i also go for walks like 4 times a day for about 45 minutes a piece. I mess around with palm grips and arm positioning. for instance doing a bench press with your elbows outwards opposed to them tucked in makes a huge difference on what muscles are being used. i try to work the grip/positioning that i feel weak on.

For food this is what i eat.
Green tea damn near all day, 1 or 2 glass of soda because its so delicious, maybe 2 glasses of milk a day
8oz stir fried veggies mix(green beans, carrots, onions, bamboo shoots) and 2 eggs.
sauteed 1/2 onion, 1/2 pepper, 1/2 tomato, garlic, 1 chicken breast and lettuce for filler, wrapped up in a bread wrap thingy. 1/2 spoon of mayonnaise to bind it together and stir fry them veggies with bacon fat (D-licious).
equal parts bacon bits, onion, pepper and rice with some hot banna peppers. usually 1/2 a cup or 3/4
a bowl of ice cream

i also like to drink pepperchino pepper juice, its so tasty. so is pickle juice.

and of course i season all my food with my homemade mix of black pepper, salt, white pepper, coriander and curry. i kept on adding and mixing until it was good for me.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:16 pm

ONE HOUR OF CARDIO

40 MINUTES FOR ABS & LOWER BACK

1.5 STRETCH

27 SHOULDER EXERCISES, FOUR TIMES THROUGH

45 MINUTES OF BALLET

30 MINUTES OF STATIONARY TRAPEZE

2 CLIF BARS AND A YOUGURT SHAKE

TWICE

ALMONDS AND OJ IN THE MIDDLE OF STRETCHING

TWO MORE MEALS TO GO
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:08 am

5'5"

32, 36, 36 ( FLAT FLAT Flora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

21 inch thighs!!!!!!!!

13 inch neck

( So, a lady told me to wear a padded bra. I said, "I AM wearing a padded bra!!".

She said, "You have to wear it across the FRONT of your CHEST!". )
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 am

Good deal . . .

Right now I have the following competing:

- Blue Rattler
- Flora
- adamm[]

Who else is in?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

It's about time for me to re-double my efforts on this kind of thing. Good luck to everyone. Losing weight has yet to be a personal goal of mine, though.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:46 am

im slow and i cant wait till the 1st so im getting a head start on you guys.

when i list my weight i refer to both hands, im not doing 80lb shoulder presses with 1 hand, i use 2 40lb dumbells.

first set
BP's -135lbs x20
SP's- 80lbs x10, 60lbx10, 45lbs x10
curls- 50lbs x10, 40lbs 30lbs x10
triceps push downs- 40lbs x20, 50lbs x10
squats- 135lbs x10 (just bordem and get my body awake)
1 handed reverse grip triceps push downs- 20lbs x10 each hand 20 reps

heart rate at 144 after lifting

5 min jog at 6.5 mpg, 165 hear rate

second set
BP's -135lbs x20
SP's- 80lbs x10, 60lbx8, 45lbs x15
curls- 60lbs x10, 40lbs x10
tricep push downs- 50lbs x20, 60lbs x8
1 handed reverse grip tricep push downs- 20lbs x10 each hand 20 reps

treadmill jog and walk for 10 mins, hear rate 142 after lifting and 150 after jog.

third set
BP's -135lbs x17

SP's- 80lbs x10, 60lbx6, 45lbs x10

curls- 60lbs x10, 40lbs x10

triceps push downs- 60lbs x10, 40lbs x20
1 handed reverse grip triceps push downs- 20lbs x10 each hand 20 reps

treadmill for another 5 mins while muscles rested up a bit. HR was only at 135 after slow jog and walk

fourth set
BP's -135lbs x15, rested a min and x10 more

SP's- 80lbs x10, 60lb x4, 45lbs x10 or 20, cant remember

curls- 50lbs x15, 40lbs x10, 20lbs x20

triceps push downs- 40lbs x20, 60lbs x6 or 8

1 handed reverse grip triceps push downs- 30lbs x10 each hand 20 reps

fith set
i wasnt counting any more and i just did my lightweight everythings jumped back n forth to what ever muscles wernt exhausted.

Home, eating breakfast, green tea, cup of milk(literally 1 cup) and and 5 eggs w/ my homemade curry mix.

cant wait till tonight!! lets see how useless my muscles are in 5 hours.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:40 pm

but there are no carbs in your breakfast and you know that I worrrrrrry!
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Im not a big or heavy person so I dont think weight is really a problem for me

I just walk the meals off anyways plus all the snow shoveling I do in the winter

so Im pretty well balanced out
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:48 pm

E0N wrote:
It's about time for me to re-double my efforts on this kind of thing. Good luck to everyone. Losing weight has yet to be a personal goal of mine, though.

EON, we're after body fat loss, not necessarily weight. Come on, man, join us for the challenge.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
but there are no carbs in your breakfast and you know that I worrrrrrry!

i put tea in my honey so its all good.

i had two piece of bread w/ butter

and two more chicken thighs and legs for the rest of the day.

went back to the gym at 5ish and finished off with 100 lb SP's, 155 lb BP's, 60 lb curls and 60 lb tricep pushes. did 2 sets

for dessert i had 2 24*oz heinekens. Sad'
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 pm

All right . . . here's my tale of the tape:

- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 208
- Waist: 35"
- Neck: 16"

Program:
- Exercise 60 minutes day/5x week
- Includes strength training, martial arts training, and cardio

Nutrition:
- Aim for 2,000 net calories
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Monday, 35 cardio, one hour of strength. 1.5 stretch ( 2 hours of housework )

two protein shakes, steak and rice. apples and sweetened pineapple.

Tuesday, 18 hips exercises four times thru, one hour cardio, one hour of ballet,
Lifting for legs ( extensions, curls, presses 4 x eight reps - single legs for every thing )
1 hour of stretch.

two protein shakes, steak and rice, two more meals after that
aiming for 3500 kcal per day
Back to top Go down
ANKH

ANKH

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:29 am

height 5 ft 6 in
weight 160
fat percentage 20%

I plan on eliminating sugar and flour from my diet and allow exceptions to that rule on tuesdays
I will refrain from eating on Thursdays and saturdays
I will weight train on mondays wednesdays and fridays and on thursdays saturdays and sundays do HIIT (high intensity interval training) On tuesdays I'll probably introduce some form of yoga.

I will track my fitness on fitocracy.com for those of you who are unaware of fitocracy check it out it could be an awesome tool. You do need to be referred so if your interested here is the invite code http://ftcy.me/bG3BBK also this is not an advertisement the site is totally free.

It would be awesome if someone like Flora could start an RLSH group on fitocracy.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:41 am

I would like to but run out of time for more typing.

Please, why are you skipping food altogether sometimes?
Back to top Go down
ANKH

ANKH

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 am

I've actually done a lot of research on calorie restriction and intermittent fasting. I've concluded that they can be very healthy. I know it goes against conventional wisdom but calorie restricted diets have been proven to cause life extension in mice and is believed to give humans the same benefits. Intermittent fasting has been shown in studies to have tremendous health benefits and in mice also extended life span which may do the same thing for humans. So both work for life extension purposes calorie restriction is superior in terms of life extension but calorie restriction can be pure torture so I'm opting for the easier path. If anyone wants links to articles research done on this let me know and I'll try to dig them up.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 am

yah, it does some stuff to fatty tumors and makes some other chemicals shift but it isn't very good for the brain.

Do you know that I worry?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next