Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?

Go down 
+7
ANKH
Polarman
E0N (Inactive)
adamm[]
Flora V. Arbor
Zombie
Blue Rattler
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ANKH

ANKH

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 am

I wonder if a good does of different omega fatty acids would solve that problem
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:06 am

the brain does not burn omegas.
it burns carbs

but that is a good question.

The goal is the main question.
If you want real health, fasting is not the only answer.

If you want longevity, fasting is not the only answer.
Back to top Go down
ANKH

ANKH

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 am

agreed but on another point. A calorie restricted diet is the only scientifically proven way to extend human lifespan. Longevity and lifespan extension are 2 completely different things. My goal is 2 fold, life extension and maintaining a youthful appearance. Hopefully at the end of this 90 days I'll have bought myself some time as well as created a more youthful and visually appealing appearance. Having recently looked at the top 10 causes of death in America, I've noticed most of them are related to inflammation. So if longevity were someones main goal I think completely zeroing in on the causes of inflammation would be the best bet. Its certainly something I'll be thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 am

ug. "inflammation" is in style right now because they can sell you drugs that give vague results.

Nothing is flaming!
The word, itself, is a metaphor.

We live three times as long as our ancestors.

We are, already, reaping joy.
It might be wrinkly joy but you can learn to stay out of the sun.

Most people who are desperate to look young are desperate for sex or
to be the alpha and, thereby, get more sex.

It's nice to be old enough to just enjoy talent
and not care about looks or the competition for alpha sex.

Back to top Go down
ANKH

ANKH

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 am

I was under the impression that inflammation was a term used by actual doctors as a way of describing a common condition present in the human body I read actual medical literature that discussed inflammation. Is the medical community incorrect in the fact that an underlying cause of several illnesses is inflammation?

We do live 3 times as long as our ancestors on average, but lets look closer the oldest people today don't live much past 120 the oldest people 5000 years ago also didn't live much past 120 So when looking at maximum life span as opposed to average lifespan you can see we have actually made no progress.

Your sex and alpha male philosophy is interesting but incomplete. The drive for sex in people is there as a result of what schopenhauer calls the will to live. women typically seek sex to pay for survival where as men seek it to replicate and therefore live forever through their children. Seeing as how I am part of the transhumanist movement I have replaced my innate desire to replicate with my desire for extreme longevity. I have no need for sex I'm happy jerking off and I am in a happy commited relationship but not because of my desire to replicate its from my desire to have half my bills paid.

I don't want people to think I'm a coward for running from an intelligent debate. So everyone just know when I don't respond to Flora's next message it is out of respect for you guys If she wishes I'll continue this conversation through PM. Sorry for this mini hijack it wasn't originally intended that way.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 am

I have to deal with a lot of people who are more desperate for looks than health.
Not every one is or needs to be motivated by anything more than never going to a nursing home.
Push-ups love every one, no matter what they look like
Smile

The most gorgeous 80-year-old is still "an old guy" to the desireable.
MOST people were dead by age 15 in the past.
One or two longies don't change that.
Long strings of obits for centenarians are much more common now.

Many who we see, that are old today, did not exercise as we are now.

I am very excited for the future!

Sleep plays a big part in aging well.

Nine hours a night is DELIGHTFUL and worth doing, at least, once a month as part of a
healthy long life.

YAY, SLEEP!

We could start a different thread for inflammation but
all that I can share is that I disagree with the interpretation of the data.

Add in that I see that people aren't handling their basics first
and then, I'm just back on my soap box of exercise-and-eatinginameasuredfashion-and-sleep-first and I should just put it to music.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:16 am

I just created a RLSH group on Fitocracy.

https://www.fitocracy.com/group/11556/

Right now, here's who I have in the challenge:

- Blue Rattler
- Flora
- adamm[]
- ANKH

I encourage anyone who's working out to join us (either on Fitocracy or here).
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:42 am

I began a project last fall to get in shape...My one year fitness project

I started it and a few weeks into it, I got sick and ended up stopping.

I restarted it, and again got sick, only this time we discovered that it was because I am diabetic and my diet was screwing up my blood sugar.

I finally got my diabetes under control and started it a third time only to fall victim to a brown recluse spider...and its taken two months to get over that (and I still have a hole in my stomach that hasnt fully healed)

BUT...in the process of recovering from the spider bite and the surgery, I have increased my level of activity AND as of this week I am giving this another shot...I am bound and determined to lose this weight and get into good shape.
Back to top Go down
ANKH

ANKH

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:47 am

sorry about your string of bad luck, and I wish you good luck this time round.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Thats just part of my bad luck this year...but I overcome all that negativity in my life by increasing the positivity in some way.

I have been considering doing a second Blog Talk broadcast each week in order to bring back THE DROP ZONE. How many of you would be willing to join in on a new Superhero Academy weekly or bi-weekly show for the express purpose of discussing diet, exercise, and related topics?
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 am

Crossfire, if you are diabetic i think you would have to change your gimmick boots to something more comfortable, to prevent sore feet and things like that.
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:40 am

Crossfire, come join us in this challenge!
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Im actually going to be making new boots for my gimmick. Im building them arouns a pair of Sketcher Shape ups
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:14 pm

i would love to be part if I can find time.

HOLY MOLY to the spider bite!!!
are you going to heal up?
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Today's workout:

- 20 minute run with pup
- 30 minutes walking
- 20 minute martial arts practice
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 am

Wednesday, 1 hour cardio
45 stretch
27 shoulder exercises, 4 x thru

2 shakes , 3 meals

Thursday, one hald hour abs

stationary trapeze for pack ex.

load and unload van
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 am

Today's the first official day of the RLSH 90 Day Challenge. Urban Avenger created an area on the site for Training Journals, so I encourage you to start one there. You don't have to put a lot . . . just whatever you think is important to keep you on track.

I've got a party tonight, so I'm sure the diet's going to go all to hell. But I'll try to be as healthy as possible.
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:37 am

When doing this challenge, don't worry about your weight. It's actually a terrible measure by itself of your fitness.

Case in point, I had a friend that was 5'10 and 211 lbs and overweight. Yet, he figured he was OK because Marshall Faulk (the ex-pro NFL running back) had the same height and weight.

That's why I like to take a couple measurements (including the waist) to figure out body fat %. The waist doesn't lie, as they say.

Unfortunately, when it comes to reducing inches, a big part is what you put into your body. I hope to learn a lot within the next 90 days, as I hope you will as well.

Feel free to post any thoughts, discoveries, etc you find as you go through this challenge here.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Blue Rattler wrote:
When doing this challenge, don't worry about your weight. It's actually a terrible measure by itself of your fitness.

Case in point, I had a friend that was 5'10 and 211 lbs and overweight. Yet, he figured he was OK because Marshall Faulk (the ex-pro NFL running back) had the same height and weight.

That's why I like to take a couple measurements (including the waist) to figure out body fat %. The waist doesn't lie, as they say.

Unfortunately, when it comes to reducing inches, a big part is what you put into your body. I hope to learn a lot within the next 90 days, as I hope you will as well.

Feel free to post any thoughts, discoveries, etc you find as you go through this challenge here.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 am

How's it going?

Here's a challenge . . . sometime during this 90 days, pick an event to compete in (e.g. a 5K, some kind of run or obstacle race, a triathlon, etc).

Put the date on your calendar and then sign up for it now. So you're accountable now.

The goal of fitness needs to be more than just wanting to look better.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

ahhhhhh think that I shall try to get into the octagon
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Another challenge this weekend . . . one of those obstacle course 5K races.

My wife and I are racing it, to help get her ready for a zombie obstacle race later this year.

Let me know if you all have any events from now to the end of the challenge (December 1). If not, then sign up for one!

One of the best ways to be a superhero is to do races. Most of them benefit some kind of charity.

You help yourself and you help others.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:00 pm

WOOT WOOT~

I love those races. Sometimes they hire me to do the "warmup"
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:00 am

The wife and I started going to Anytime Fitness about two weeks ago. I am now doing cardio and weights every day. I warm up on the exercise bike (up to fifteen minutes and 4 miles) and then walk on the treadmill (25 minutes and 1.25 miles). I split the weights up doing upper body three days a week (M-W-F) and Lower body three days (Tu-Th-Sa). I only do cardio on Sundays. AND at the end of each workout I hit the chin up assist machine and pump out as many as I can...which isnt many at the moment (4 3/4 this morning)

ALSO...The gym membership comes with a website that helps track my activity and diet to ensure that my protiens, carbs, and fats are in balance and that my activity and diet are in the right range to assure weight loss and fitness goals are met...its awesome.

As of yesterday I have already lost five pounds and Im feeling awesome.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 am

Isn't it just wonderful!

I tell people that it doesn't just feel good, it feels GREAT.

That is what makes it easier to keep up.

We are in the first week of the season of classes.
So, I am saying all of my stuff from the top!

I do love it so!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?   RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

RLSH 90 Day Fitness Challenge?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next