Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rook's Workout Log

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Weight: 134.8
Height: 5'6"
Neck size: Not applicable due to a surgical procedure that affected the musculature of my neck
Body fat: Between 20 and 23%

I wasn't going to do this, because many of you folks are darn near athletes by comparison. However, I recently committed to a 5K charity run (and I haven't run since Junior High). I figured this would be a good way to keep myself accountable to training up for it.

My usual daily workout (based loosely on 5BX)
2 minutes of stretching
20 crunches
10 pushups
5 Pistols on each leg (one-legged squats)
6 minutes of sprinting

I try to do the crunches and pushups occasionally throughout the day (close the office door and hit the floor for a couple of minutes). I began this routine 2 weeks ago and stopped a few days ago due to a procedure done on my foot. I began the routine again today with the exception of the running. I'll have to start running for longer periods of time and at a slower pace by later this week (the foot is feeling better already, but I am advised not to push it).

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 pm

You look pretty athletic to me. Keep up the great work! The pistols on each leg are pretty impressive!
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 am

Modified exercise regimen, using pyramid "sets" of the following exercises:

Pull ups: 9

Push ups: 18

Crunches: 27

Dips: 18

Then running for about 20 min. I generally do all of the bodyweight stuff in the morning at the office, then run at night.

Alas, the original charity run I was to be involved with did not pan out. I will, however, find another one to dedicate myself to in order to push myself to "stay on track."

Hoping to rebuild a pectoral muscle that was surgically moved to another part of my body.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm

i knew another person who had pec-movage.

What is your plan for re-training?
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 am

Hopefully, my exercise routine will slowly build the muscle back up. While the area of my to which the muscle was moved flexes and bulges whenever I flex my pecs (which is a little strange to see), there also appears to be a very small amount of muscle left at the original site upon which I hope to build. I already went through a round of physical therapy to regain adequate use and most of the rnage of my shoulder/arm area as a result of the moving.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 am

Just acquired a used Bowflex yesterday at an insanely cheap price that I coudln't pass up. As such, I may be revising my exercise routine yet again.

I am, however, setting up for a 5K cancer benefit in January. I should be ready by then.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Rook wrote:
Just acquired a used Bowflex yesterday at an insanely cheap price that I coudln't pass up. As such, I may be revising my exercise routine yet again.

I am, however, setting up for a 5K cancer benefit in January. I should be ready by then.

-Rook

BIG YAY!!!!!!!! When that gusy says, on the commercial,
" I wish I knew about the Bow flex 40 years ago. ' I cry every time!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Rook wrote:
Hopefully, my exercise routine will slowly build the muscle back up. While the area of my to which the muscle was moved flexes and bulges whenever I flex my pecs (which is a little strange to see), there also appears to be a very small amount of muscle left at the original site upon which I hope to build. I already went through a round of physical therapy to regain adequate use and most of the rnage of my shoulder/arm area as a result of the moving.

-Rook

wow. do all that you can.

strength is WAY better than atrophy.

i hope that you can find a little bit of happiness in the few
things that surgery can offer that are good, yes?
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Yes, considering that it saved most of my jaw.

I was exposed to 7000 gray of radiation. I didn't get Hulk strength or Spiderman abilities, alas. It pretty much destroyed my jaw along with my cancer, so I'm actually closer to Two-Face in resemblance.

The muscle flap provided the bloodflow necessary for the living portion of my jaw to become healthier and allow for a good anchoring of the titanium bar that now replaces a portion of bone.

So, yes, I am grateful for the surgery. I traded my jaw for my life, and my pec for my jaw. Now, I'm rebuilding my pec.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Awesome, Rook! Keep kicking ass and taking names!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 pm

wow oh wow!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rook's Workout Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rook's Workout Log   Rook's Workout Log Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rook's Workout Log
Page 1 of 1