Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

con

Go down 
+4
Gauge
Amphiptere
Anyman
nightmare
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: con   con Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:12 pm

You guys afraid of criminals?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Fear keeps you from doing your job. If you're afraid of criminals, you'll hesitate to oppose them; if you're afraid of what they'll do to innocent people, you'll end up costing somebody their life.
Back to top Go down

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Of course I am. Fear has been keeping our species alive since the dawn of our existence. Fear is inevitable and perfectly normal and healthy and even empowering. Fear is probably one of the deepest of human empotions and is behind why we do almost everything, everytime we're angry, it's because we're scared of something; anger is a secondary emotion. I don't worry about getting too scared, I know my brain will instantly turn it into a nice palpable rage that I can aim at the threat. Fear is one of the Humans greatest super powers. Without fear...well, we wouldn't be here.

What one needs in our line of work in particular is courage. Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is the aknowledment of fear, and going through with the mission anyway. Along with courage common sense is needed. But never should one try to rid themselves of fear, for a man without fear is a fool.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:58 am

Anyman, if you're afraid of what they'll do to innocent people, this should cause you to err even more on the side of caution, not the other way around. Not being afraid of what can happen to the other person in the situation is what can cost people their lives, as it results in recklessness on your part.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:53 pm

@Desert Eagle,

That's not fear; that's concern. The difference is, if you let fear control your actions, you may end up trying to save one life, at the expense of many more that are in danger.

Let's take a human trafficking case, for example. The trafficker has, maybe, five victims he's abusing. You're doing recon, and you see one of those five being separated from the group. All signs indicate that one is being moved to another location, for whatever reason. You have a choice: keep your eyes on the larger group, and possibly help bring the trafficker to justice; or, shadow the one they're separating, in case something should happen to that person, like they're killed. You're very much afraid for the life of that one person. Do you let your fear overtake you, and try to save the one at the expense of the rest, or do you carry out the mission, save the larger group and potentially countless others by bringing the trafficker to justice, and risk losing that one person?

Like it or not, there are times when you can't save everybody. You do what you can. Fear tells you to act without thinking; concern tells you to think out how you act.
Back to top Go down

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:53 pm

I would send one of my partners after the one separated, if I was really concerned I'd shadow them myself and have a couple guys watching the building while mysel and another guy follow the separated. Only an idiot would patrol such hazardous areas of a city on their lonesome. Always have at least one more guy. When I start patroling again I'm going to have eight guys and two vehicles, four for each transport. Armored everyone has a gun. Not leaving anything to chance. If you're going to do anything do it as safely as humanly possible. More safety in numbers, including the ability to do more, like watch a building and follow a potential victim at the same time, that way you dn't have to make as difficult a choice.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Don't fear the person so much as what they are capable of.  Be cautious of the person, and of the unknowable elements of a given situation (does he have a gun, martial arts training, friends I haven't seen, etc.?).  

Patrolling in groups is best, but I'd go with four or five, unless you have a seriously organized chain of command, a detailed patrol plan, and defined objectives.  Large groups with little experience will quickly devolve into social outings or shouting matches.  A smaller group of no more than six is best in these cases.  The more experience you get, the more effective you can be with smaller groups also.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:34 am

Well I got four man group. One of my members is a retard and saying stupid things to other person. He is also saying some sort of things kids shouldn't say to females. I'm planning to kick him out so that he won't put another mud on ACFA's name
Back to top Go down

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Sounds like a sound descision. Maybe reign in on the judgments; I found just learning to put "I feel..." in front of whatever judgment I place on a person outloud helps eliminate the judgment altogether; it's no longer a judgment but a concrete fact lol. XD
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Somebody told us to stop patrolling because of other people wanna beat us. He says he is one of them. But I have my dog. What am I gonna do?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:41 am

Probably get beaten while your dog watches.

You either fold to threats or stand up to the ones doing the threatening.  In this case, continuing is enough.  No need to fight him unless he attacks, but he may just be trying to intimidate you.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:12 am

This is where you distinguish between fear and precaution. Fear tells you to stop; precaution tells you how to proceed.

Before you even think of going out, be sure you don't have a mole in your group. Deal with each member on an individual basis, and work out just their parts of the operation with them alone. Be sure you have backup your enemies don't know about. Travel by some kind of vehicle if you can, if for no other reason than the additional speed. Watch where you go, be aware of your surroundings, and don't go out there advertising; instead, go out in disguise as someone who might belong there, and do your best to blend in. Keep tools nearby, and keep in mind ways you can use items that may be common in the area for your purposes. Perhaps most importantly, always keep track of a way out, and places to lay low. Even then, you have to put your mind at ease about whatever may happen to you; if you worry about that, something bad is more likely to happen, but if you make up your mind to accept the fact that some things can't be controlled, you can go out there and do your job to the best of your ability.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm planning to conceal my weapon since the guy told me that they aren't going to do some crap if they didn't saw me holding weapons. The weapons we have were my baseball bat, made out of metal, PVC pipes, that is used to connect the faucet to the underground water or some sort of crap like that, and I have a complete set of riot gear while my sister is hoarding the others which was supposed to be distributed to my team. The only one I have was this set of gloves and a battle suit which I disregard for awhile. I'm having troubles of this guys in my team and I don't know if I could kick him out since he knew those guys who wants to beat us up. The guy who told me that he's one of them was his brother so I recruited the guy since he might be an important asset. He's willing to help us too.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Got any suggestions on concealing our weapons?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:03 pm

If you feel the need to carry weapons on your person, go for something like a cane. Belts and ropes are good flexible weapons, and can be used to restrain people, at least temporarily. Otherwise, keep an eye out for anything in the environment around you that you can pick up and use at a moment's notice. You feel more comfortable with pipes and baseball bats; what about tree limbs?
Back to top Go down

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Finding a tree limb suitable for a bludgeon is harder than a sounds. A pipe or a basball bat would be more efficient. If I were you I'd wait until I could get a gun and just have it on the back of my belt in it's holster then put a coat on the covers at least half my butt so the gun is concealed. If you want to use a gun at some point position the holster so the gun is upside down; handle pointing upwards, when you reach your hand behind to draw your hand will fit right on the handle like a glove, enabling you to draw faster and not fumble around with the holster and your jeans. A gun is a tool; you can use it lethally or nonlethally. Lethal=Shooting, Nonlethal=Pointing. Both are effective in stopping assholes. If he's an armed asshole I'd reccomend shooting him in the chest two times then begin immediate first aid. If one has a gun on you too far away too disarm, and you don't have one, running away as fast as you can is your best bet. Statistically, people running away from a gunman that's shooting at them will not get hit. Statistically out of the ones who do get hit, they do not die. People don't die from getting shot nearly as much as you would think. The reason a lot of people think getting shot is for sure lethal action have been watching too much TV; either news or action movies. Both like to sensationalize gun violence, and it causes people to have false notions of firearms and in some ingrains a fear in them of guns, like it's a snake and it'll just jump up a shott someone out of nowhere for no reason. It's rediculous.

If someone has a gun on you, and you don't have one, running away is your best bet (if he's too far to disarm).
Back to top Go down

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Never stick a gun without a holster down your pants; you see people do this in movies all the time, it's a bad idea. Front, back, side, doesn't matter; your waistline is not a belt and holster.
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:32 am

I didn't read all of this but I just wanted to mention that I wouldn't recommend PVC pipes as weapons. They're easier to break than most people think. And even though longer sticks can give more range, shorter baton length sticks can be better because you can easily carry one in your pocket and under a jacket. Also with long weapons like baseball bats and staffs it can be easier to intersect the weapon and it also harder to manage with slower swings. Not to mention almost impossible to conceal. You'll also have to look into the laws of the area. I believe in California it is required to have your firearm easily visible and not concealed while you're carrying it.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:00 pm

I don't think we should be telling a 14 year old kid to conceal guns and carry clubs.
Back to top Go down

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 pm

I never did. I said I would wait, until I could get a gun. That means also when he is old enough and gets the right papers if any are needed. 14 year olds the world over use baseball bats everyday. Nothing wrong with carrying a baseball bat and it is surely not illegal or dangerous.
Back to top Go down

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Beating smeone with a baseball bat is dangerous, carrying one is harmless.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Hey guys, just some food for thought…

Why are we even entertaining the ideas of PVC pipes, weapons, riot gear, or whatever?
Why aren’t we recommending other ways to help and protect others instead of patrolling?

Please don’t be offended Nightmare, but I don’t know you. In fact, many of the people on here don’t know you. I’m not going to speak on you patrolling, because I’m honestly not even sure if you’re an adult. If your parents give you permission to do it, that’s okay… but as a parent, I would not want ANYONE speaking to my child about riot gear, bats, clubs, etc. without my say so.

If you are an adult, please disregard my statement.

The first question you NEED to ask and answer is, ‘What is your purpose, as a RLSH?’

If your answer is something along the lines of helping people, bettering your community, setting an example, inspiration, or protecting others… ask yourself if there are other ways to accomplish the same task instead of placing yourself in harm’s way.

Why is it that so many of the conversations on RLSH actions ALWAYS drift down to patrolling, handing stuff out to the homeless, pounding heads, or the other less-than-a-few methods repeated on here? A kid should NOT be handing out food to the homeless unless their parents have agreed and if there is some form of adult supervision.

Learn how to question things. Challenge yourself to finding new and different methods to carry out actions. Being a RLSH ISN’T about copying another RLSH or even being similar… it is about YOU and what you do.

Are the people fighting to protect privacy for the ignorant members on Facebook , NOT RLSHs?

What about the people that ensure that people know about public functions for the community and get involved in house-to-house communication?

In fact, speaking on helping the law… use the new Healthcare Law as an example (whether or not I agree, this is just an example), would it NOT be heroic to spend time talking with those in a community about the facts of the law as to how they can make it work for them? This would be a battle against ignorance.

What about helping the community to create jobs? What about organizing park clean-ups? What about a ‘Helping Hands’ group in the neighborhood?

What is the purpose of your patrols? Why do you feel that you have to put yourself in harm’s way to be a RLSH? To be honest, that is flat out STUPID! I’ve said this a million times on this board, that we ALL have to watch what we say and recommend. We need to be accountable and responsible for the RLSH community, IF we are going to acknowledge that it is, in fact, a community.

While many of us ARE adults, there is NOTHING stopping those that are not from engaging the topics and things we speak of. Some of us are soldiers or Marines, who have returned from war and can’t let go of the ‘danger-high’ from combat. We need to feel like a hero. Others of us have been abused and we are vulnerable to our own fears so we try to compensate by being a hero. There are others of us that are simply satirical jerks hiding behind our masks and keyboard so that we can cast out hate on others.

Some of us… just want a direction, and half of the crap we’ve written is an utter lie. We’ve never been out in costume. We aren’t trained in martial arts. We haven’t stopped crap other than searching for a job and we embrace this opportunity to have an identity other than our own because we hate ourselves.

This is the COLD reality of being a part of the Real Life Superhero (so called) movement/community. Sorry.

It is up to YOU to be a hero for your own reasons. You should listen to us with a grain of salt and question things that might place you in harm’s way. You need to open your mind to other options for task accomplishment and NOT imitate the actions of what you believe to be highly-trained, elite adults in costume.

No one on here is a CERTIFIED Real Life Superhero! It does not exist! You are responsible for YOU as an adult. Your parents are responsible for you in youth. We do NOT come before them. When it comes to fear, courage, fearlessness, and action… start with the wisdom of your parents and those that love you. On here, it is okay to read our opinions, but use them as a baseline for comparison to those that you have received from those who care about you. No matter how many people on here give you their advice, less than 1 of them will show up to your funeral, if you are killed!

We do NOT provide answers for you to follow – we provide conversation for you to read.

I also include MYSELF in that group.

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Laws are ineffective in this area. Sixth patrol, nothing happens. We don't even have any weapons yet but the pipes. Am I still continue patrolling?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Omen, tell me, what are you going to do if somebody was beaten up. Are you gonna watch or help the guy?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:11 pm

You're not even in my country and my parents agreed about this thing. All of us has his own style of helping other people. My style of helping people was making the street safe because this world around me is freakishly violent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

con Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

con
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: RLSH News-
Jump to: