Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

not sure where to start

Go down 
+5
Flora V. Arbor
Gauge
Gadgetastic!
Triumph
facade
9 posters
AuthorMessage
facade

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

not sure where to start Empty
PostSubject: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

hi ive recently decided to fullfill my dreams of crime fighting but where do i begin im in the uk and if i go around trying to help people i might end up with a black eye or two which is fine but not wanted secondly i spent ages on my make shift out fit and then i see its the same as that polar guys one so what do i do how do i begin?
Back to top Go down
Triumph

Triumph

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Well, in regards to the costume, you could start fresh or you could just work from what you know now, that it's the same as Polarmans, and find a way to change it up a bit. What exactly is it about your costume that makes it look exactly like Polarmans?

Secondly, if you want to get out there and be a superhero it never hurts to do some community stuff as well. Example are doing homeless outreach, safety patrols at night when the bars are packed, etc. I'm sure the vets here will have some good ideas for you when they see this thread.

Thirdly, I don't know how much training you've had in regards to first-aid, self defense, doing criminal investigations, etc. so possibly spending some time getting trained, or even more training if you have some, is never a terrible idea.

Thats the most I can really say for now, hopefully some more experienced guys can come and help.
Back to top Go down
facade

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:39 pm

thanks ive got white jeans, a white snow coat, a sleaveless brown leather jacket on top and a scarf covering my mouth but i dont like the snow look so i might refresh it cheers
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:59 pm

If you plan to fight crime, buy a ballistic vest rated at least Type II. Also, research your local laws VERY carefully regarding citizen intervention, what equipment you can carry, mask laws, and anything else you can think of. Too much info is better than too little. Learn basic first aid. Assemble a basic first aid kit. Find a source of info on crime statistics in the area you will be working. Always carry a little cash on hand for just in case stuff such as a bottle of water if you're feeling dry. Do lots of cardio exercise. Grow a thick skin and learn to ignore insults.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:02 pm

What do you have in the way of protective gear and defensive weaponry that you plan to use? What kind of defense training or military experience do you have?

Welcome to the forum, facade.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 pm

facade is a goo name.

welcome
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am

Facade is a gooey name Welcome Ice to meet you There are a few characters in the media that have some resemblance to myself and a few others

I have in the past been compared to both the Shoveler and the spleen from the mysterymen movie (Ive never seen the comics that movie was based on)

The origional Power Rangers series 3 had the White Ranger who wore what looks like a suped up version of my outfit

There is a guy on my facebook from Halifax Called Super Nova He looks like myself except that he wears Black over blue instead of Black over white

Life is another RLSH who looks abit like myself ecxept that he wears a tux vest over a white dress shirt and if we wore the same mask he looks like myself if I were clean shaven

Down in Florida there is Superhero who looks like Capt Marvel from the Avengers with his red and blue spandex outfit on Some people think that Master Legend and I would look alike if I were to wear a long haired wig over my cowl

Tothian and Entomo the incect man both have simular outfits Ento mo however lives in Spain and wears a mask simular to my own but its black and green mine is black and white

As for where to start I first started out saving a kid from a bully and went on to do kids birthday parties and snowshoveling For a time about 5 years ago I even brought out Puppy and Lemming the 2 rats I had at the time (They came out in the summertime between late May and early October) Twice they joined me in walking in the Canada Day parade and at the canada day festivites as well as being very popular at the birthday parties where they performed quite a few amazing tricks for the kids

so a small pet may be useful in that area and is good for scaring drunks away from areas where there may be children playing such as school yards They can also cheer up a child who may be afraid of bigger animals or just went through a trumatic experience and they look cute and funny when inside doll houses and toy castles looking out the windows They also look cute when they climb up to the top of the tower and swat the toy airplanes that fly around
Back to top Go down
Starman

Starman

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 pm

facade wrote:
hi ive recently decided to fullfill my dreams of crime fighting but where do i begin im in the uk and if i go around trying to help people i might end up with a black eye or two which is fine but not wanted secondly i spent ages on my make shift out fit and then i see its the same as that polar guys one so what do i do how do i begin?

Where in the uk? Depending on where you are *coughChaventrycough* things can get bad. I'm also in the uk.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Start with the mentality of knowing what you're realistically capable of, doing that, and trying to build up to being capable of more.

IMO.
Back to top Go down
facade

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 pm

cheers guys for the advise im going to start with the first aid kit but i have no real defence training to be honest any ideas on protective cloathing as i said no idea what to do really
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Start out clearing snow for some people (Im not saying this because you are dressed like me) Watch the movie Shredderman It stars as a kid who is picked on by bullies and uses his own website to create his superhero persona Then design the outfit from that persona and take it from there Use the website to offer to help people with snow clearing birthday parties festivals and such Create a new facebook page for the Facade persona and send messages to people to encourage kids to quit smoking and let kids know that smoking doesnt make anybody look cool Spread the same message about drugs and alcohol too Spread the message about how serious bullying is in the schools and on the streetsand take action
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 pm

First off, find out if you want to do outreach such as helping out the homeless or crime patrols which are potentially more physical and equally dangerous. Also, do extensive research into:

A.Protection- Armored vests, ballistics equipment, slash and impact resistant gear.

B.Physical training and conditioning- Where are you now, physically speaking as far as strength and endurance? Where do you want to be in the future?

C.Self-defence training- Look into martial arts and find one that could prove invaluable in defending yourself or others. Also take self-defense classes. Martial arts teach discipline and self-defense classes teach you about scenarios you may encounter as well as other realities of fighting.

You have the bulk of the RLSH community at your disposal as far as advice and mentoring, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Now is the time to dress up like me and start clearing snow Facade Remember to lift with your knees not your back and you should be fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not sure where to start   not sure where to start Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

not sure where to start
Page 1 of 1