Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Paleo Diet

Go down 
+9
The-Biomatrix
Leviathan
Superman
Vulpo
Flora V. Arbor
Rogue
E0N (Inactive)
the crimson fist
Urban Avenger
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:25 am

And honestly, counting calories is pointless anyway.

Diet is not an answer, but lifestyle is. My buddy lost 20 lbs when ue went paleo. So take that for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:26 am

Useless point.  Once you find the numbers for you, proceed...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 am

My words hold up in court as a Recognized Expert.

You have not my stack of certifications.

So, do not waste time debating me on this
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:30 am

I am not the first person who has ever questioned the legitimacy of your knowledge,  considering much more reputable resourced contract your kbowledge.

You also once said the only thing you need to survive was a hamburger patty on a cinnamon roll...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:44 am

"Survival" is different than "weight loss" or "health".

You, as a mod, can find my real name and credentials.

It disgusts me to study VERY hard for a VERY long time and see dilettante answers accepted as good info
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:45 am

People line up and pay to hear what I have to say and then,
I come here and give VERY good information for FREE
 and get shyte from you guys.

You're better off just asking me questions and being thankful that you do not 
 get an invoice
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:56 am

I think most people don't like the attitude really.  Nobody wants arrogance, from anyone.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:14 am

It's not arrogance if I am correct.
 I am correct because my teachers are correct.
It has nothing to do with me.
 I was not born with this info and had to work very hard to get it.
 If you look, you will find that I start by gifting plain, good info.

Take away the youandme.

What MOST people post has ZERO measurements.

The body uses protein EXACTLY and cannot do well with too much or too little.

...the-lack-of-numbers is what to look for if you want to decipher validity
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 am

It's not arrogance if you guys are sloppy and proud of it
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Flora may be an expert on the topic, in which case, the information provided at least has enough merit to be considered. If Flora is an expert, it probably took a lot of time and effort to become an expert; while questioning an expert's advice isn't necessarily an insult, certain ways of questioning that advice may be. It should be kept in mind that questioning an expert's advice isn't necessarily meant to be an insult to their expertise; it should also be kept in mind that certain words and phrases, used in certain ways, can inadvertently be considered an insult. It doesn't seem like the original purpose of UA's comment was to insult anybody.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:40 pm

With respect to Flora's expertise in nutritional and health matters, being an expert means you have more current knowledge and experience on a particular subject than the general populace.  

While we can all certainly appreciate the dedication it takes to reach such a position in one's field of study, we must also realize that the "best" information in any field is not absolute and static, but rather an evolution borne from continuous research and analysis.  What experts in nutrition believe to be true today may not be the majority opinion ten years from now.  

UA makes a good point about the differing nutritional needs of different people, based on their level of physical exertion, such as professional athletes.  They require higher levels of physical activity to be successful in their competitions, and so require fuel beyond the needs of a high school math teacher.  

In fairness, Flora, I do not recall you saying all bodies are exactly the same, nor that every individual has the exact same needs.  I read these as general guidelines for health and fitness, that can be tailored as needed to every body type and metabolism.  I do, however, see how much of what you write can be interpreted as being deemed "absolute" in your expert opinion.  How do you see it?
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi all,

Oddly enough though I’m usually real big on individuality I’m not so sure it is all that important when it comes to getting and staying fit. I base this on my observations when I was in basic training. 200 plus guys of various sizes and shapes. All of us were fed the same things in the same amount and made to same exercises etc for the same amount of time. The Army isn’t real big on individuality in basic training. Some how the skinny guys gained weight. The fat guys lost weight and those lucky few who were in good shape stayed the same. As near as I can figure it this goes against conventional get fit wisdom but it is true none the less. Maybe some kind soul can explain this to me.

Superman 
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:31 pm

I'll just stick with what works for me:
Grass fed beef with no bgh, potatoes, tomatoes and onions with hot sauce and real Irish butter or olive oil.
Spinach wrap with goast cheese, kalamita olives and hummus.
Eggs from the back yard and wild hog bacon and diced potatoes.
No HFCS, aspartame, bromated vegetable oil, MSG or equivalent crap, spring or distilled water, none of the municipal swill with all the toxic mess they put in there.

And BAAAACON......

If carbs help with brains and criminals eat a lot of bread in jail, why are they so fucking stupid?

@Superman:
It's like the women's college dorm phenomenon. A bunch of girls share the same area, have the hormones of the whole place floating around them, eventually their periods are all going to happen at the same time. A bunch of guys hang out in the same space, eat the same food, do the same workouts and get yelled at by the same instructor, eventually most of them are going to be similar in build.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:07 am

Leviathan wrote:
I'll just stick with what works for me:
Grass fed beef with no bgh, potatoes, tomatoes and onions with hot sauce and real Irish butter or olive oil.
Spinach wrap with goast cheese, kalamita olives and hummus.
Eggs from the back yard and wild hog bacon and diced potatoes.
No HFCS, aspartame, bromated vegetable oil, MSG or equivalent crap, spring or distilled water, none of the municipal swill with all the toxic mess they put in there.

And BAAAACON......
Damn, aside from the pork, that sounds like a very healthy diet. I might try that out.
Back to top Go down
Difae

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 pm

The thing about the Paleo diet, is that it's just apeal to nature. Our bodies have changed so much when it comes to digesting food, since the cavemen times. However, in the end: It's calroies in, calories out, and whatever works for you.

P.s. CARBS RULE!
Back to top Go down
Difae

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Superman wrote:
Hi all,

Oddly enough though I’m usually real big on individuality I’m not so sure it is all that important when it comes to getting and staying fit. I base this on my observations when I was in basic training. 200 plus guys of various sizes and shapes. All of us were fed the same things in the same amount and made to same exercises etc for the same amount of time. The Army isn’t real big on individuality in basic training. Some how the skinny guys gained weight. The fat guys lost weight and those lucky few who were in good shape stayed the same. As near as I can figure it this goes against conventional get fit wisdom but it is true none the less. Maybe some kind soul can explain this to me.

Superman 

It's most likely just lack of proper nutrition and rest.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paleo Diet   The Paleo Diet - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Paleo Diet
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6