Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Huzzah" moments in martial arts

Go down 
+12
One Tin Soldier
Gauge
Equal
arrowdynamic
Polarman
Flora V. Arbor
hiddensparrow
Instructor
CrusaderPrime
Urban Avenger
Rook
Nintyplayer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

"Huzzah" moments in martial arts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Huzzah" moments in martial arts   "Huzzah" moments in martial arts - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:58 am

Krav Maga is an easily learned universal self defense system originally designed for the Isreali Military Defense Forces by Imi Lichtenfield and Moni Aizik.

There are deadly aspects to the system (it's not an art), and one can use them when the need arises. The defensive aspects are equally profound. You needn't hurt anyone using Krav Maga, but you can end them in a heartbeat if you must. I suggest you learn the basics. Buy the book "Krav Maga for Beginners" by Darren Levine (I believe that was one of the authors names, if I remember correctly). It's a good book to get you started and doesn't contain any material designed to kill people in it; it's just the basics.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: "Huzzah" moments in martial arts   "Huzzah" moments in martial arts - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:32 am

Sapakan is one of the effective fighting styles. That is my favourite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Huzzah" moments in martial arts   "Huzzah" moments in martial arts - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:43 am

Do that then. Just so long as it isn't fancy and you don't have to be an athlete to pull it off (with krav maga it doesn't matter how big or small or strong or weak you are; it works for everyone and was desinged for that purpose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Huzzah" moments in martial arts   "Huzzah" moments in martial arts - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

"Huzzah" moments in martial arts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2