Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:37 am

Red Fist,

Is there anywhere near you, where you can get armor? If not, there are some websites where you might be able to get some good armor from.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:43 am

Red Fist,

Knives can kill.
Killing is evil.
Violence sucks.

Try self-defense, drop your weapons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 pm

i think you guys are being a little hard on him for his weapons choice baised on his geographical location. He's in a extrmely violent part of the world & in a culture that hates anything other than what is considered "the Normal" by them. I'm just startled he's doing it at all.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Superhero wrote:
i think you guys are being a little hard on him for his weapons choice baised on his geographical location. He's in a extrmely violent part of the world & in a culture that hates anything other than what is considered "the Normal" by them. I'm just startled he's doing it at all.

True 100%.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Just sayin' that his actions could reflect on the rest of us. Not everyone is open-minded about things such as this. One bad apple and all that. Perhaps the use of ball-bearings as shurikan for example, easily aimed, non-fatal. If thrown hard enough as effective as a knife. Forethought is our' greatest ally in this work.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Atavistik wrote:
Just sayin' that his actions could reflect on the rest of us.

We cannot control freedom.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Red Fist,

Keep up the good work without weapons. And do pics of yourself without photoshop crap. Croazia needs you. And we also need you.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:25 pm

In the eyes of others should have bee i there. My bad.

My meaning, in short: Don't be over-zealous/impulsive.Think before you act. We all wish Red Fist the best of luck and welcome him.

I myself usually carry a field knife, for defense against possible animal attack.( I abhor firearms, they're cowardly and messy)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:57 pm

@Fist: Tothian brought up armor. With all the militias over there I'm sure you could get a Soviet Flak vest or something pretty easy. It will offer protection from sharp things but not much ballistic protection.

@Entomo: Amen, especially in his part of the world!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 am

thank you all
but i need to say it is not that bad here as you say it.
we dont live in huts and dont really hate everything arount us Very Happy
we live normal as you just the people are different. they act different when you are different...
i remember i once cut my hair and had a mohawk... but the second weekend outside i needed to break some dudes nose that he leaves me alone. he wanted to fight because i was "different"
for the armor i thought to go to the police yard sale to buy some bulletproof west and i will maybe change my weapon(s)
and entomo, here you go:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] - without weapons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 am

Red Fist,

I have several sets of nunchucks that I like to train with sometimes. Here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first set, I can screw together to become a baton. The 2nd ones were my first set of nunchucks like about 6 years ago. The 3rd set are my extendable nunchucks. The 4th set I eventually put black tape over. The 5th set I also eventually put black tape over. The 6th set were burned rattan nunchucks, they're light and fast but I used to have this obsession with green nunchucks and could never find any, so I put green tape on them. After that are just manriki chains but could also be used in a way similar to nunchucks. Then, the swirly acrylic nunchucks, they're like a hard plastic and could light up red but I never used the lights on them, I just think they look cool.

Weapons are fun to collect and train with. You probably wouldn't end up using them in all situations, obviously. Nunchucks are legal in some places but not all. And as for how good they'd be in a fight, you'd need to get a set used specifically for hitting things with, like trees and stuff. You might hurt yourself at first so be careful with it, you'll also noticing that when you hit things with them, there's a sort of rhythmous flow to it so you don't hurt yourself.

Canes are supposedly legal everywhere though, and they make a good self-defense weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 am

nice set mate, i like the 4th Very Happy
mine nunchucks are homemade and they work perfect Smile
i know what is like when you hit something with them i train from the 3rd grade
i mean i play with them Very Happy i acctually trained for fight with them 2 years ago till today
nice fast strong hits and you will win Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 am

Some older man tried to hit me with his cane once. That was 1994.
I was lost in San Francisco on a school trip and was standing at a bus stop when this man started shouting and hurled his cane at me. That was awesome.
Not really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 am

Red Fist,

I just saw the picture you posted in your post previous to my most recent one in this thread. Are those kevlar knuckled gloves?

And, I've made a few sets of nunchucks before, myself. One of them I used to practice strikes with it by hitting trees and stuff, until one night it broke.

Apocalypse Meow,

My paternal grandmother was kinda like an RLSH really cool, she used to live in a bad area and patrol walk around with her cane, and she used to hit bad guys me with it sometimes if she got bored enough and my only defense was crying like a little girl my toy lightsaber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:05 am

You crack me up.
This old dude was one bad ass mofo, cuz of the cane. That's hardcore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:16 am

Like Yoda.
Back to top Go down
Sentinel

Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:13 pm

I only carry a knife as an emergency tool, not as a defensive weapon. I have a collapsable (2) batons that are just as, if not more effective for disarming someone with a knife. I don't know many that could hang on to a knife when they're slapped on the proverbial wrist with a steel baton, or put into a hold and dis-armed.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Have one of those myself, one of my favorite toys in fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:48 pm

yes that are kevlar knuckled gloves bought on ebay only for 5$
yes i know that batons and similar weapons are better than a knife but knifes are for throwing... i maybe wanted to buy more shurikens i have now only 5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:01 pm

WHAT possible good can come from shurikens?!? You really DO want to wind up dead before you're 18, don't you? You really need to think about this some more.
Back to top Go down
Sentinel

Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Shuriken are meant for distraction. They're meant to come out of the proverbial no where, hit their intended target, whiz off into oblivion, so as the intended target cannot get it, and throw it back at you. They do not penetrate skulls of uzi weilding bad guys and kill them instantly. They do not penetrate the heart, as there isn't enough heft to over come frictional forces when going through clothes, bone, flesh and gristle. They are not dipped in poison as the movies would have you believe. Many a Ninja would have died from his own poison coated weapon due to potentially stabbing himself, or having the poison absorb through his skin. The "Poison" Ninja utilized was common rust, back then they did not have walk in clinics so thus, you died of a fever and septicemia from the bacteria on the rusty shuriken. BTW, shuriken literally means "sword hidden in hand" I for one, would not want to just "Throw" my weapon away unless I had an escape route, or another weapon I did not have to sacrifice.

I carry shuriken, and I use it only in an emergency. I however, DO carry a stealthy slingshot, with non lethal rubber 3/8's diameter balls to cause a distraction from a distance with out actually involving in something going down, say a drug deal. I have studied Ninjutsu for 15 years now, and it offered MANY other methods to utilize other than shuriken. Virtually anything can become an offensive / defensive weapon. I can make a stabbing weapon out of a single post-it note sheet. Anyone interested in learning how?

Sentinel
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Same basic m/o here.

And I've got that pst-it thing down too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Shurikens are fun to use for fun or practice, but when I say they're not safe, not only for other people, but also for yourself. If you miss, they can throw it back at you.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:06 pm

When you're seen...... I personally do most my work in the woods. Stealth is among our' allies.

On a sidenote.... Tothian- I like the first and third set in your' pic. Can't have those here tho'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:28 pm

maybe the best thing were i go out only in armor with a big shield like captain america :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)   Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Training and Tools Discussion w/ RedFist (Split from Intro)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next