Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population Empty
PostSubject: Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population   Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Hello,

I found this essay/article quite illuminating. I wanted to share it with you all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population   Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Great read Jacklighter, Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population   Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 12:13 am

Funny enough I fit most of the criteria for being a natural killer according to the article, but I'm the last person who would want to kill anyone as I value all life. 1 Naturally intelligent 2 Caustic sense of humor 3 Automatic firing instinct (due to many years of first person shooters as well as my army sniper dad teaching me to shoot) but that response I've learned to turn on and off through training 4 I come from middle class 5 I have the "cheater response" in that I feel no remorse when I lie anymore (It may not be something to be proud of but I am a master of lies, both telling them and descerning them) but this too I have tempered and only lie when it is nessecary or would produce the best outcome of a situation, however I try not to lie when I can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population   Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 2:19 am

Hello,

I can't speak to your individual circumstances. This is a military report written by a military man for other military men to use in identifying effective killers in the field. I see it as a cautionary piece of information.

It's also important to note that natural killers, sociopaths, and psychopaths rarely see themselves as such. They will often see themselves as different or superior, but rarely will they feel that they have any of these mental states.

Also, like all human conditions, people exist all along the scale of possible permutation. Being a remorseless liar does not by itself peg you in a psychological extreme. It is merely one marker on the road to a place you may never choose to go.

--Anthony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population   Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Socio/Psychopathy in the Human Population
Page 1 of 1