Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?

Go down 
+19
Gadgetastic!
Zimmer
DarkShadow
Bridges
kapes13
Proteus
Sentinel
Boosterman
Rebound
Vampireto!
Polarman
Gauge
Artisteroi
SkyMan
Idea Man
Flora V. Arbor
E0N (Inactive)
The Grey Man
DRock
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vampireto!

Vampireto!

What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:26 pm

right know? dodging and running away Laughing
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
Polarman wrote:
You should come up and visit me some time Midnite Detective We could go sliding down the big mountain I will use my shovel to show you what Harry Potter felt like the firest time he rode a broomstick through the air Silver Sentinel saw a small video I made last febuary on my cell in which I rode my shovel down a flight of ice covered stairs The kids love watching me do that every year seconed best to all the times Ive taken high jumps going down the hills sometimes a pipe freezes and breaks open It then freezes so the hills become twice as fast and the jumps twice as high I even jumped a small house comming down the mountains on my shovel

Lol. No thanks.
We've got some good size hills and hollows in Missouri, and I've done the shovel ride before.
But never a mountain. Heck, I"ve never even seen a real mountain up close. Probably freak me out.

MD?????
no mountains?????????
Back to top Go down
Rebound

Rebound

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:55 pm

No mountains?! But . . . how does the sky reach all the way to the ground???

There's a reason I love Montana. Smile
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:47 am

The grant writing thing did not work out. I found out that the job did not give enough hours per week to bother going to all that trouble to apply.

So instead I will now be reading about playwriting.

I have also been working with Flora on some personal skills: Fitness, Overcoming Anxiety, and Job Hunting.
Back to top Go down
Rebound

Rebound

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Cool, what kind of plays do you want to write?

Me, I just got my First Aid and CPR/AED re-certification. Most of the class was watching the same American Heart Association video as last time, but the info is always good stuff to keep fresh in your mind.

Only new thing I learned that I didn't remember from last time was this. On an adult, after you see they're not responding, get someone to call 911 and go for an AED (or do it yourself if there's no one around) first, while with a child 1-8 years of age or appearance you should do 5 sets of CPR first before calling for help (2 rescue breaths, with 30 chest compressions in each set). Apparently, this extra bit of oxygen that your pumping to their brain in this time is more important for children. Obviously if there's someone else around, or you have your cell-phone with speakerphone or the ability to talk while still doing CPR, then call ASAP, but starting the chest compressions fast is even more important for kids.

The instructor said they may be making some more changes this year, so I'd be interested to see if you guys learn it the same way at SA4.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Rebound wrote:
Cool, what kind of plays do you want to write?

This kind...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:55 pm

I have parkour, I spent three years learning manderin chinese, I frequently hike, and I tie knots (actually will help if you ever get captured by criminals)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:58 pm

agreed it will. Doubt it but do you live in Michigan?
Back to top Go down
Boosterman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:03 am

What skills am I working on?

Juggling.

BOOSTERMAN
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:30 am

Boosterman wrote:
What skills am I working on?

Juggling.

BOOSTERMAN

Jugglers process info better than other people.

The repeated physical patterns creat a sheen on the brain.

I was really jealous until I realized how many patterns I
repeat in karate, Step and dancing classes

...BIG "YAY!" for Juggling.

See also: Michael J. Gelb
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:05 am

I gotta work on improving my juggling skills.
Back to top Go down
Sentinel

Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:26 pm

First Aid
Forensic evidence gathering
survelliance
tracking
body language
braille
enhanced computer skills
voice mimic
languages (spanish, korean)
distraction techniques
negotiation skills
disguise
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm working on my public speaking skills, as well as inter personal skills.

I'm currently building a vacuum former from scratch, which will be useful with costume/uniform parts

I'm always trying to improve my film making skills, I.e. video, digital effects, 3d animation, chromakey, cinematography, editing, sound, art direction, make-up effects... um... yea

eventually I'm going to invest in a couple Rosetta Stone disks and learn Spanish and another language that I haven't decided on (but I know I want to learn two languages)

and right now I'm mainly focusing on getting healthy... I really need to get healthy...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:39 pm

MANDARIN!!!

Learn Mandarin!!!

I'll practice with you
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 pm

I would learn Mandarin simply because the name is cool.... MANDARIN... it just rolls off the tongue...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Ni, hao!
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 pm

My nitch is in sound therapy. This site features a very powerful and wonderful Sound Therapist and Reiki and Energy teacher. She suffered from paralysis for three months and the same treatement was able to make her whole again.

Terrific and powerful things to look at to see if they are right for you -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for sharing all.

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:26 pm

kapes13 wrote:
My nitch is in sound therapy. This site features a very powerful and wonderful Sound Therapist and Reiki and Energy teacher. She suffered from paralysis for three months and the same treatement was able to make her whole again.

Terrific and powerful things to look at to see if they are right for you -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for sharing all.

OH! One of my friends is doing this, brain-entrainment is what he calls it

interesting stuff!

I'd like to hear more about woman who was cured.

PM if you feel like typing that much
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:06 am

So I wish I knew more about Jessica's ordeal but we have not had a lot of one on one time but if I hear any more about her story I will share it with you!
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Actually MD it takes a 10 15 minute walk tops to get to the very top of the mountain but once you get to the top You can see the whole city and you dont have to look like an idiot standing on the roof of a sky scrapper of course there is no law saying that you have to climb all the way up there to enjoy the fresh taste of the arctic berries
Back to top Go down
Vampireto!

Vampireto!

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:41 pm

non fighting skills??? mmm. let see ohhh I know I know: Dancing!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Criminal Victim Adovocacy: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spanish and Mandarin using youtube and old study notes.

Self sufficiency: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure if it counts as a skill, but I've been trying to get better at keeping Bridges out of my real life. Sometimes, that's harder than anything else.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:32 pm

A degree in Criminal Justice

Stealth and hiding techniques

Trying to regain back my general health.

Battlesuit and utility belt construction and design.

Calling card construction

Map studies

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Ee ga na hai'r zai pou.

Which is my messed up and misspelled Chinese way of saying, this thread is full of win.

Currently learning the finer points of horticulture, creating herbal tinctures, jewelry salesmanship, law, Spanish, DIY physical therapy, advanced Google Earth techniques, voice acting, audio editing and automotive repair.

Just started reading "Aids to Forensic Medicine and Toxicology".

For a few months I've been listening to Astronomy 162 lectures from Ohio State University (I finished 161 and currently on lecture 8 of Astro 162), A History of the World in 100 Objects from the British Museum (I'm on Object 50, Silk Princess Painting) and The History of Rome (I'm on Episode 11, on the events following the Sack of Rome) on iTunes.

On the back burner, AutoCAD, Google SketchUp, plastics thermoforming, Arduino and information brokerage techniques.

I desperately and bitterly miss the learning opportunities of Alpha One Labs, the New York Initiative and Brooklyn in general.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:19 pm

You-all are just awesome!

Women ke nung shwayshee iquar Jong Wun, ma?

( we can study Mandarin together, yes - uh, er that is what I meant)

Anyone who wants to work on Mandarin,
I am happy to do so too, please
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next