Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?

Go down 
+19
Gadgetastic!
Zimmer
DarkShadow
Bridges
kapes13
Proteus
Sentinel
Boosterman
Rebound
Vampireto!
Polarman
Gauge
Artisteroi
SkyMan
Idea Man
Flora V. Arbor
E0N (Inactive)
The Grey Man
DRock
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Electronics

Spanish

Basic First Aid

Also, I'm experimenting with a variety of techniques to enhance memory and cognitive processing.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Cool, Josh!
What are you doing for memory?

I studied theater all through grade school, high school and college.

We did a LOT for memory
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:56 pm

I'd love to have some people to work Chinese with. Skype, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:05 pm

I got spam that ate my money at Skype

We can type,yes?

Xienzi, wo kan kan "Valkyrie"
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:07 pm

@ Bridges,

je dao ( movie ) " The Curse of the Golden Flower"?
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:25 pm

谢谢。
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:19 am

aaahhhhhh! I can't read it!!
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:19 am

Primarily memory exercises modified from the type used by Alzheimer patients. For the last few months I've also been working with trans-cranial direct-current stimulation. Be careful if you try that one though. Before i got it right there were some side-effects that were unpleasant. It's working pretty well now though. I've been mapping various areas for specific effects. My number memory has improved and I've noticed an increase in my ability to focus without losing touch with everything else.

Almost forgot to mention my latest experiments. Using color and sound patterns to create a semi-trance state with low volume/high base audio files to speed learn. No hard results yet, but i feel i'm getting closer.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:50 am

@Josh,fascinating
but I don't think that I'll be hooking up my head anytime soon.

I use a lot of song so that I engage both sides of the brain,
diminishing repetition and every-night-repeats.

Of course, if a person doesn't get enough food, water or sleep,
no amount of training will help
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:06 am

The tDCS isn't something I'd recommend for everyone. It is potentially quite dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:21 am

I'm actually surprised you're doing it. That stuff can do anything from temporarily curing schizophenia to shutting off the parts of the brain associated with morality.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 pm

there is a lot that one can do with hearing stuff while sleeping
I use a tape recorder but you kids are probably too young to know about brown ribbon in tiny plastic boxes
Wink
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:24 pm

All of my non combative talents are not appropriate for a public forum.

Well those and my skills in the media arts.
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Bowchicawowow.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:07 pm

@ UA, ni shi bu ke chi de ren!

Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Wuzzat mean?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Smile

If I could say it in Mandarin, ( but I can't without a lot of dictionary )

it would be what Bridges typed

Wink

"bowchicawowwow" isn't something that i know how to translate.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:47 pm

hao hao!
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:14 am

My non cobat skills vary with the time of year

Winter Shovel snow slide on hills with shovel slide down the sidewalk in a "Skating fashion" without the skates

Summer Climb up and untangle the swing sets at the playgrounds Fix anything that hangs down on chains that could be tangled up Have you ever tried to undo a knot?? Id like to see you undo a knot made out of chains Its dangerous work while hanging upside down several feet off the ground and thats after I remove the large stones from under the swing set and other play strutctures

A bit of Parkour across the playgrounds and some other low lying public areas
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Polarman; constantly cool!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Josh wrote:
For the last few months I've also been working with trans-cranial direct-current stimulation. Be careful if you try that one though. Before i got it right there were some side-effects that were unpleasant. It's working pretty well now though. I've been mapping various areas for specific effects. My number memory has improved and I've noticed an increase in my ability to focus without losing touch with everything else.

Direct-current... not "magnetic"? How bad were the side effects and approximately how much improvement have you seen?

Josh wrote:
Almost forgot to mention my latest experiments. Using color and sound patterns to create a semi-trance state with low volume/high base audio files to speed learn. No hard results yet, but i feel i'm getting closer.

Are the sound patterns binaural beats or something different?
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Direct current is doable with minimal funding. Magnetic requires significant tech. The side effects (once I got the circuit right) were minimal. There is a slight tingle. Depending on what you're stimulating other effects can include light flashes, buzzing, etc.

The audio is not binaural, but as my funding and tech improves I do hope to set up a dummy head and experiment further.

As i said though, be very careful.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:42 pm

The research on transcranial mag stim is really facsinating, especially it's effect on creativity.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 pm

SAR dog training.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?   What NONCombat skills are YOU working on? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What NONCombat skills are YOU working on?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next