Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Golden Uriel Hapkido Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Golden Uriel

Golden Uriel

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Empty
PostSubject: Golden Uriel Hapkido Training   Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Training Day 1
Golden Uriel and Christian Hammer

He came, he saw, he kicked my butt. Yes, its my first day of any type of martial arts training. Being a 38 year old woman that has not tap danced in a few years, I am a little out of shape. CH kept me motivated. I made it a little difficult for him since I was being myself and making witty bantor during the whole lesson. He reigned me in and was able to show me everything listed below. I am pretty psyched and I am sure that this is going to be a very fullfilling endeavor. I am the type of person that must practice things over and over so I imagine, eventually, it will stick. One of the harder parts was the stretching though I use to be very flexible when I danced, that flexibility is gone for now but I have faith, I will regain it. I bitched a little and I drank alot of water but I made it through my first Hapkido class. So yaaaa for me!

Jumping Jacks
Stretches and Buddy Stretches

Break Falls
Backward
Side
Forward

Forward Dive Roll

Fighting Stances
Walking Stance
L Stance

Discussed:
Mobility verses stability
Line of Stance
Disrupting Balance

Learned to Jab and Reverse Punch

Front Snap Kick
Front Thrust Kick
Turning Kick

Ended by doing Dynamic Stretches

Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Golden Uriel Hapkido Training   Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 am

It's alot easier to learn MA if you smile. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Golden Uriel Hapkido Training   Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 am

GU really enjoyed training with you. After all these years we have finally started practicing together. Martial Arts training can improve your life in so many unexpected ways, I look forward to having a built in training partner, wherever I may roam.

Oh...and Dogman is right...have fun with it! Hapkido is fun.
Back to top Go down
Golden Uriel

Golden Uriel

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Golden Uriel Hapkido Training   Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks Dogman. I have to admit I was laughing alot due to my somewhat spazzy stances so I got the smiling thing covered. Today, I fear I will have the "frowning from soarness" thing covered. It is good to have this forum to hold me accountable. If I dont practice, it will be obvious wont it? So now I am forced to get in shape so that my fellow RLSH's wont think IM a slacker Smile

Christian Hammer you finally got a reason to throw a jab at me. Arent you a lucky husband? Many men can only dream of being in total control of a woman for an hour. With all of your years of training and black belts, I have something that you dont have....more cushion to break my falls. HA! Thanks for your help and I look forward to kicking your butt one day.
Back to top Go down
Ako

Ako

PostSubject: Re: Golden Uriel Hapkido Training   Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:14 pm

keep it up GU.. martial arts are beneficial in more ways than just protection and you will notice those results quickly.
Back to top Go down
Golden Uriel

Golden Uriel

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Golden Uriel Hapkido Training   Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks Ako. I know that it will help me a great deal and it is pretty fun once the soarness goes away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Uriel Hapkido Training   Golden Uriel Hapkido Training Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Golden Uriel Hapkido Training
Page 1 of 1