Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RLSH physical fitness test

Go down 
+15
Midnite Detective
Sleepless
Polarman
DRock
Vulpo
Crossfire the Crusader
Equal
Flora V. Arbor
Sonic Eagle
Dark Guardian
Proteus
Hazmat
Zimmer
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Who knows, man... it could be us doing it... Razz I have plenty of random gear new guys don't have.

I've kind of been thinking about doing something vaguely similar with free training, if nothing else. The current flaw in that plan is "E0N-who?"
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Heh. Well I hope it can work that way. A lot of people here could do a lot of good. But I do have to wonder if Zimmer was being facetious with the whole theory.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Sometimes people get overconfident or anticipate something as a sure thing when it might not be, but I doubt Zimmer was joking.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:30 am

I plan on training any local RLSH in OC spray, Kubaton and Expandable Baton. I was a certified trainer in all those a couple years ago but didn’t keep up on my trainer certifications, but the training is still solid. However I would not require any sort of fitness test for it. Just glad to hand over some possibly life saving knowledge.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:42 am

I believe the future holds an array of limitless possibilities.

Looking forward and laying a foundation for what may come is nothing short of a simplified yet complicated way of predicting the future. This is thus rightly within the realm of possibility.

Or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:46 am

I can read some tarot cards for you.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:49 am

Please forgive my apparent ignorance but what are tarot cards?
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 am

Flora serious ? I trained in the tarot for years . Amazing way to meditate and can be very accurate . I once split the cost of a booth at a faire and set up a " hidden " table around back of the tent and stood in the shadows inviting people to my secret table . I lost money but it was fun
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:05 am

@ John Doe -cards like a basic deck of cards but 22 extra.

alll labeled as common human condittions.

@ the Rev.
YAH!
i started learning palms in 1981.
I like palms because none of it can be faked.

I only started with tarot about 8 years ago.

I do like it.
I can feel a logic in letting Math bring the correct cards to the top.

I find that, really, the most important part is which question to ask.
The second most important part is TAKING the answer

Rev, have you done it recently?
Do you have a deck?
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Those are the trends as I see them. The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed yet.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm

As promised I have the results of the “Fat Tony” test.

I only gave him a basic outline of what was being discussed. I didn’t mention any minimums or even time limits. I just encouraged him to do each exercise as many times as possible and as fast as he could do them and keep his form.

Here are the results

51 Push-Ups in two minutes with a total of 66 before he reached TMF.

68 Jumping-Jacks in two minutes with a total of 205 before he just gave up and went and sat down.

3 Crunches before his heels touched the floor. He never got more then three in a row.

Even though he couldn’t meet the crunch requirement, he proved more spry and had greater endurance than I had anticipated. All in all pretty good and I would feel very confident with him on a patrol.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:28 pm

That's not bad at all for just randomly springing it on a guy. Smile

It's also not bad at all in comparison to average people doing this stuff.

If he has that much trouble with crunches it's probably an issue of his core muscles, in my amateur opinion. He might consider trying quadrupedal movement to strengthen them (monkey walks, alligator crawls, whatchamacallits).

On the other hand maybe we're defining "crunch" differently. In my mind it's basically nothing more than contracting your abs. Your feet sit on the floor the whole time in some versions of them. That's why I say situps are easier to measure.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Hazmat wrote:
As promised I have the results of the “Fat Tony” test.

I only gave him a basic outline of what was being discussed. I didn’t mention any minimums or even time limits. I just encouraged him to do each exercise as many times as possible and as fast as he could do them and keep his form.

Here are the results

51 Push-Ups in two minutes with a total of 66 before he reached TMF.

68 Jumping-Jacks in two minutes with a total of 205 before he just gave up and went and sat down.

3 Crunches before his heels touched the floor. He never got more then three in a row.

Even though he couldn’t meet the crunch requirement, he proved more spry and had greater endurance than I had anticipated. All in all pretty good and I would feel very confident with him on a patrol.

not bad.
Where ever he is in fitness is not where he will stay.

You can get more out of him if you break these 66 and 205 up into groups
so that he does three sets of 15 pushups in perfect form
and then, rolls over to do one crunch
then, 60 jumping jacks then, start from the pushups again- three times through the whole thing
and,
he can probably do four sets based on the above results
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Well I think in all honesty the problem is the large amount of fat on his chest and stomach. It literally was in his way. He is called “Fat” Tony for a reason after all.

I'm not busting on the guy. That is just what I saw.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:35 pm

I get you Flora, but I do not think he is all that hip to do any of this again soon. LOL
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:15 pm

If I was putting up a team, I wouldn't focus much on physical requirements. Some easy baseline is ok, but I'd make exceptions if they are young (young people can train up fast), if they do extrordinary on other parts of the test or got skills/knowlege worth keeping. Every soldier don't have to be a bloody commando.

I'd put most of the focus on an interview. Bodies are easy to mold. Spirits are not. A healty spirit have no problems building a strong body. If you putting the physical demands to high, you'll miss a lot of good people.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Hazmat wrote:
Well I think in all honesty the problem is the large amount of fat on his chest and stomach. It literally was in his way. He is called “Fat” Tony for a reason after all.

I'm not busting on the guy. That is just what I saw.

nooooooo NO NO NO!
Fat is NOT the issue, weakness is

He will hurt for a while and he needs to eat to heal what you did to him.

Convince him ( in ten days, yes, ten days )
that you have a MUCH better plan and do what I typed.

and feed him RIGHT after!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Dogman wrote:
If I was putting up a team, I wouldn't focus much on physical requirements. Some easy baseline is ok, but I'd make exceptions if they are young (young people can train up fast), if they do extrordinary on other parts of the test or got skills/knowlege worth keeping. Every soldier don't have to be a bloody commando.

I'd put most of the focus on an interview. Bodies are easy to mold. Spirits are not. A healty spirit have no problems building a strong body. If you putting the physical demands to high, you'll miss a lot of good people.

(WAG WAG WAG)
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Id make sure my team was ready for a rougher climate like I live in Probably have everyone jog around Ring Road then up to the end of Road to nowhere and back to town before breakfast On a warm day Then do it as the days get cooler so that you gradually adapt to it Then spend the winter shoveling houses with me and sliding on the hills with the shovels too
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:36 pm

SHOVELING!!!!!!!!!
YASS!!!!!!!!
SHOVELING!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 pm

I would have enyone who was comming up here make sure that they bought their good steel shovels before they came so that they wouldnt have to rely on the crappy ones that the Northmart is trying to sell for 10 ties the price That store is in the habbit of making money by trying to sell plastic kids toys that dont even last the weekend without breaking They also have the aluminum ones that are not much better because its so easy to bend them without even trying to and Plastic in cold weather can at times be just as dangerous as broken glass especially when it shatters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

RLSH physical fitness test
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5