Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RLSH physical fitness test

Go down 
+15
Midnite Detective
Sleepless
Polarman
DRock
Vulpo
Crossfire the Crusader
Equal
Flora V. Arbor
Sonic Eagle
Dark Guardian
Proteus
Hazmat
Zimmer
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Rlsh "credentials" or "certification" could never be awarded based solely on physical ability. Just because someone can kick ass doesn't make them fit for patrol. Psychological fitness and reasoning ability play a huge roll, as well as knowing the laws in your area. These and other things would need to be factored into any kind of official certification process.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Dark Guardian wrote:
This video idea reminds me of the get your black belt if you buy this video series type stuff.

Yeah but the vid would at least give people a chance to see others aren't bullshitting them on their physical prowess when they're setting behind the monitors claiming they can do things.
It's nothing official but it's good to see people aren't lying.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:50 pm

So if I can't make one of the requirements I can't patrol? Or am I refused to wear spandex? Or worse: Pointed and laughted at!?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:56 pm

I ain't lying.

Friday, mowed for an hour in 90 degrees- one hill down, two hills up
then, triceps. then, prepped the home for Hurricane Irene

(saturday, I walked up and down 18 stories a few times and did legs)
(sunday 4 hours of wet-vac-ing and one hour of re-mantling the balcony)

Monday - one hour of cardio - while shouting, one hour of strength training,
45 minutes of stationary trapeze

Tuesday, two hours of raking with one -ten-minute break, 45 minutes of hips,
one hour of Step, legs then, stretch

Wednesday- one hour of Step, 1/2 hour of Stretch
1/2 hour of begin Step, one hour of Ballet, 45 minutes of SHoulders and pack the van

Thursday, 40 minutes of Gladiator Workout while shouting, 30 minutes of Abs
( unpack, set up , break down, repacked, unpack and put away the van contents)
45 minutes of Staionary trapeze.

Friday, raking, yanking, Round-up
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Dogman wrote:
So if I can't make one of the requirements I can't patrol? Or am I refused to wear spandex? Or worse: Pointed and laughted at!?

What part of "this is not official and just to help guage what people need to work on" that's been all over this thread, do you fail to understand?

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
I ain't lying.

Friday, mowed for an hour in 90 degrees- one hill down, two hills up
then, triceps. then, prepped the home for Hurricane Irene

(saturday, I walked up and down 18 stories a few times and did legs)
(sunday 4 hours of wet-vac-ing and one hour of re-mantling the balcony)

Monday - one hour of cardio - while shouting, one hour of strength training,
45 minutes of stationary trapeze

Tuesday, two hours of raking with one -ten-minute break, 45 minutes of hips,
one hour of Step, legs then, stretch

Wednesday- one hour of Step, 1/2 hour of Stretch
1/2 hour of begin Step, one hour of Ballet, 45 minutes of SHoulders and pack the van

Thursday, 40 minutes of Gladiator Workout while shouting, 30 minutes of Abs
( unpack, set up , break down, repacked, unpack and put away the van contents)
45 minutes of Staionary trapeze.

Friday, raking, yanking, Round-up

i KNOW you ain't lying, i've seen your vids. Razz

Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:06 pm

I honestly don't see any kind of official certification of rlsh ever happening. It'd mean that law enforcement condones the actions of citizen crimefighters. I just don't think they could be that open-minded, even with a well structured system in place.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Thank you, MD, Thank yoU!

Today, I hit as hard as I can for a while.
Then, raking and sweeping ( and spraying which ain't a workout )

Smile
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Well…

Hypothetical law enforcement “certification” of a small RLSH team – everyone on the team becomes a volunteer reserve cop.

Flora – impressive.

Dogman, if you couldn’t make the requirements of the longer test then what I’m thinking, and this is future stuff for me after I retire, is that your crime-oriented patrolling capacity in my particular group of hoped for future people would be limited somehow. It’s a free country and you could do what you wanted to as an individual or with your friends. It’s not intended as a punishment. People getting into something over their heads is not a good thing for them.

The video thing – I feel like my main focus is on the longer test and a small group of people. I see some merit in the video concept for the larger community, mainly as a way of promoting “RLSH types should exercise.” Issues with it include that to make it applicable to a larger group the standards are very low and if we started posting these videos right now with no context attached to them I think no one would care. There’s also the possibility of what outside observers would make of the videos, I s’pose.

Credentials or certification – actually I have in mind more than a PT test. It’s just one area where there’s no existing objective standard that’s simple is out there, though (first responder, CA guard card training, etc – those are all out there and standardized).

JohnDoe wrote:
Prior Physical Exam: Individuals that wish to test should be able to pass a physical beforehand, much like the ones people must pass before trying out for a sports team.

Like a lot of things I think that’d have to be on the individual in the interest of spending money wisely. Originally I wanted to have a mandatory team fitness program – I think it would burn up too much time, though.

JohnDoe wrote:
Testing Levels: As far as the "fair" test portion, I feel there should be a Level One Test which could then be followed by a harder Level 2 and then Level 3 and so on and so forth as long as the person testing is willing. Different levels would test for different things. One such Level should include a patrol gear test where individuals participate in full gimmick, gear and all.

I’d like to keep it simple, though.

JohnDoe wrote:
Gauging Fighting Ability: On the subject of testing fighting ability, we could look at the testing methods used by several martial arts. Here, a combatant must face off against several black belts in order to qualify to become a black belt themselves. I'm not sure how the evaluation from judges is made but that wouldn't be hard to find out.

In that case couldn’t you just require a certain belt level in a martial art? It’s a standard I don’t personally meet, though.

JohnDoe wrote:
Running the Mile In So Many Minutes VS Running In Full Sprint In So Many Seconds: I feel we should test for both of these instead of one or the other.

That’s valid. My reluctance is just wanting to keep the test at about an hour.

JohnDoe wrote:
Pepper-Spray Test: Inclusion of a pepper-spray test should be seriously considered, I think.

I know a lot of people would agree with you. The reason I hesitate on this is that pepper spray actually injures (burns) you, whereas stun guns don’t unless something goes pretty badly wrong.

In gear work outs make sense, but you could decrease the hassle factor (and potential for injury factor) by just increasing the standards and leaving off the gear. A major goal of mine is a test that’s easy to administer, not some kind of weekend-long event.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:28 pm

...Fire-fighter fitness test...?
No.
...simple karate test...?
No.

But, "...a test for RLSH...needed.",...?
Yes.

More importantly,
a person's fitness-level at any particular point in time
is not an un-changing level.

We CAN get you to- "better".
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:14 am

Eon: Thanks for your comments. I too now feel like simplicity is probably the best way to go but at the same time we should strive for test takers to push themselves to perform above average at the very least.

Last edited by JohnDoe on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:16 am

THe Chinese have an old saying,

"It is the nature of people to go up in life just as it is the nature for water to go down."
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:59 pm

...as if anyone cares,

I'll type this:

When Midnight Detective typed that he had seen my videos,

what he is typing about is ONE video.

It is just so giantly hugeANDbig that it takes 3 youtuberies
to show it to the world.

"old lady does the Spartacus Workout with no warm up...part 1 of 3"
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:35 pm

That would take too long for me to watch Shocked
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 pm

aw! 12 minutes x 3????
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:43 am

In the not-too-distant future, RLSH that are physically fit and capable will have access to restricted gadgets, weapons, armor, suits, intelligence and mission assignments. That'll be worth proving yourself for.

Last edited by Zimmer on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:09 am

@Zimmer: Who will be providing access to this type of gear and intelligence? Surely not law enforcement. No matter your training, law enforcement is not likely to allow such access unless you are a law enforcement agent yourself. And I definitely don't see a time when rlsh are accepted as equals to the LEOs. And if rlsh were made agents, then the way we operate would change dramatically, losing much of the effectiveness in the process.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I don't think we're talking about a certified as law enforcement or by law enforcement route... more like someone agreeing to give people who meet certain standards X, Y, and Z type support.

That seems like a good and practical idea.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 pm

The time it takes to load the videos up here would make 12 min x 3 into 3 hours x 3 because the network is so slow so I amost never watch youtube or other videos
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Gauge wrote:
@Zimmer: Who will be providing access to this type of gear and intelligence? Surely not law enforcement. No matter your training, law enforcement is not likely to allow such access unless you are a law enforcement agent yourself. And I definitely don't see a time when rlsh are accepted as equals to the LEOs. And if rlsh were made agents, then the way we operate would change dramatically, losing much of the effectiveness in the process.

I don't think I said anything about law enforcement.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Edited:
Don't want to bring bring Eon's thread off topic.

Last edited by Midnite Detective on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:28 pm

:/
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Zimmer, then what intelligence and missions do you suppose you'd be doing, and what agency do you see it happening with? Flesh it out a bit for the purposes of clarification. If you mean private companies, then I can't disagree, but you've left a lot if room for speculation.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Why does "intelligence" or "mission" imply an agency?

Intelligence is information that supports an objective.

A mission is an objective.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Zimmer wrote:
In the not-too-distant future, RLSH that are physically fit and capable will have access to restricted gadgets, weapons, armor, suits, intelligence and mission assignments. That'll be worth proving yourself for.

So we prove ourselves to get it, Which means we are not providing it for ourselves. Restricted gadgets, weapons and armor of what kind? Who has such restricted technology? Government contractors and scientific researchers and builders. And what private citizen will be so inclined to allow access to weaponry, armor, gadgetry, intel, and then tell you what missions to go on? In the absence of a more fully fleshed out scenario, I am left to make leaps. Not saying that's what Zimmer meant, I am saying he was vague. No offense meant, but I am intrigued by his post and want to know where he's going with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RLSH physical fitness test   RLSH physical fitness test - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

RLSH physical fitness test
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next