Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post Your Training Routines?

Go down 
+11
Enviroman
Midnite Detective
Urban Avenger
Amazonia
Polarman
herointraining
Instructor
Flora V. Arbor
Critical Care
E0N (Inactive)
Blue Rattler
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Post Your Training Routines? Empty
PostSubject: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:31 am

I was curious what your training routine's are like. Here's mine:

Physical Fitness Goals
- Run 21 mi/week
- Study Tae Kwon Do
- Current fitness goals: run 2 miles in 12 minutes, 500 situps

Spiritual Fitness Goals
- Currently on Baby Step 2 of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover (being in debt does limit your spirituality)
- Meditation 5 minutes daily
- Reading from various spiritual and religious texts

Mental Fitness Goals
- Reading 1 book a week
- Learning to code
- Practice Drawing
- Practice Writing
- Working on inventions (I have a cool RFID gadget I'm working on).

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm on a fitness program someone else designed that I agreed not to discuss the details of, but it involves about 3 workouts a week. I also do army PT typically 3 times a week. Sometimes I have leeway to do the personal workouts during the army sessions, though.

I'm also making a point of doing pushups, situps, and running because I have a test for work later this month. Normally I wouldn't advocate situps, but if you want to perform a particular exercise the best way to train for it is doing it.

My long term spiritual goal is probably just "live on a boat," but daily-life wise I'm trying to make my house better and I've been pretty into cooking for a while now.

I also listen to things while I sleep.

And I've been lazy about it for over a month now, but I typically do amateur standup comedy once a week.

RLSH-wise I try to come up with plans for things to do and do them. I work with some other people on this -- not everything we consider ends up actually happening. At a minimum we tend to go out with a plan to do something, vs. just "okay, time to go patrol."

I just completed the basic CERT training and have a Hazmat class coming up this weekend.

I just recertified last week in Korean... so now I have one less excuse to postpone memorizing basic Spanish phrases.

I'm working out details for a class on (physical) surveillance with limited resources.

I read and stuff.

Lots of long term goals. Some of them I'll do, some maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Critical Care

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Goals or Training?

My training routine consists of
Bike to/from gym 4 miles
Mon.- Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Tues.- Back, Biceps, Core
Wed.- Legs
Thurs.- Rest
Fri.- Cardio
Sat.- Bike Ride 25 miles
Sun.- Rest

Weather permitting of course. During the winter I do substitutions for the bike.

My Goals are

Join CERT. I am currently waiting for the next session
Basic EMT certification.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Good Stuff, BR

Physical: cardio 5-6 days, lift six days, stretch six days

Spiritual: give but not until I am a burden

Mental:

two-minute recall, write six jokes a day-four days a week, sleep control
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Physical: I teach martial arts three afternoons a week and I jog every morning.

Spiritual: Church on Sundays, read my Bible once in awhile. Martial arts meditative state daily. Mushin.

Mental: I read a lot of books, occasionally take college classes, and studying for my next rank.
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm

I am at work right now, i will try to do this later, but E0N, you can ask me anything about learning spanish, i live in Argentina and it is our mother language Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 pm

PHYSICALLY

I do the routine we had to do at the School out of habit.

First I stretch, then I psyche myself into being more strong and enduring by visualising a nimbus of energy filling up whatever muscles need to be stronger and then immagine it spilling out of my skin a little.

1. 30 Push-Ups.

2. 30 Sit-Ups.

3. 500 Jump Rope Revolutions.

4. [in the summer] Swim across the pond and back.

5. 15 Pull-Ups, 15 Chin-Ups, 15 Behind-The-Neck Pull-Ups

6. Five Dot Drills.

7. 50 Sets of Lunges.

8. 10 Minute Wall-Sit

9. Run a Mile, and on the way back sprint.

10. 30 Push-Ups (again)

11. 30 Hibberty Jibberties. (Where you lay on your back with your feet about an unch off the ground and hands to your ears, then you crunchand touch your left elbow to your right knee, crunch back down, crunch up touch your right elbow to your left knee, crunch back down bringing both knees up and touch your right elbow to your right knee, and your left elbow to your right knee, then crunch back down, and that equals one.)

12. Practice martial arts on the punching bag, (we didn't do this one at the School).

(I Train Physically with this routine once very couple of days to heal).

SPIRITUALITY

1. Meditate 10 minutes in the morning, five minutes in the afternoon, and fifteen minutes before bed and after my shower.

2. Practice using clairvoyance by trying to find the one black card located in a stack of 19 red cards, so there's a fiver percent chance I'll find it via touch alone. I sometimes complete it the first time, and sometimes don't, but I keep doing it until I do, or if it just doesn't seem to be working I take a break and do something else and then come back to it later after a meditation session.

3. I practice my Kata slowly and imagine energy coursing around me, and being as fluid as water.

4. I Meditate while walking around or going about my day while in public and opening my awareness to the point it feels like I'm seeing everything for the first time.

5. I practice focusing my attention by silently saying "One, one, one....: until a thought interupts me, then continue with "Two, two, two..." until I am interupted again, and my goal is to get "One, one, one, one...." for 5 consecutive minutes with no distractions.

MENTALLY

1. I read books upside down because it increases the rate at which one reads. I don't read it upside down if it's a good book, or my math homework though, lol.

2. I practice two hours at http://www.lumosity.com/

Hope this helps! Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Also, I blend a Spirtuality skill that I didn't mention with the physical category of my training. Reiki is an ancient Japanese Healing Art. It doesn't necsarily heal he ailment instantaneously, but it takes away the pain, and it speeds up the healing process.

Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:29 am

PHYSICALLY

-Started kickboxing again (the place where i practiced Wing Chun had some problems cause two students with 6 months of training started to teach without authorization and were expelled and a lot of drama happened...)

-Jogging with my father on weekends

-would like to practice parkour again, but we are having some rainy days, so it would be kind of slippery and dangerous

SPIRITUALITY

-Started to grow my own food last year. It might not look awesome but it is stress relieving and cleans you inside out.

MENTALLY

- I am gathering information about our president (scandals, contradictions on her speeches and actions, and stuff like that) and her minions, so i can send it everywhere on 2015 when the elections happen...
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 am

It varies through out the year

My winter routine from mid Octobler to early May is 6:00 every morning clear snow at CBC building including all fire escapes

7:00 Breakfast at grind and brew or if there is still alot of snow I eat at Frobisher inn hotel cafe plus washroom break

8:00 Check playground equipment at local school yard for vandalisim Untangle swings if possible Dig out botttom of slides and under climbing bars

8:30 check mail box run errands if needed or clear snow as needed

11:00 - 12:00 Lunch if avalible for it

12:30 be ready for the library if there isnt much snow to clear out Mon Wed Fri open 1:00 to 6 Tuesday Thursday 3 - 8 Sat 1 - 4 Otherwise Clear snow or do more patrols if needed run more errands for people Babysit neighbours kids if needed (They enjoy having me over) 5:00 Supper 6:30 Movie if there is a good one playing 9:00 relax at home play games 10:00 Go for patrol watch the stores close for the night 1:00 am Patrols Watch bars close for the night keep watch in case of fights ect 2:30 am Bed
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 am

You probably have the best fitness routine on here Polarman.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Instructor, I was just about to post that about my brother, the Polarman!

I LOVE to shovel snow too but have been deprived this year!

what you can't see here is the amazing food that Polarman eats!

I REALLY want him to publish a cookbook!
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Wow, mine is similar to Flora's. I do ab work 4 days a week with Sunday being my hardest day on that because I don't lift that day and work harder with cardio that day with one other day during the week as my off day for cardio.

Spiritual I do my daily meditations and any rituals I need to do for myself or others and walk and commune with nature as much as possible.

Mind exercises, I read two books a week and study everything I can.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2012 2:55 pm

currently, I don't have a routine. I just kinda make it up as I go along. but I'm going to be doing the bruce lee 20 minute a day workout pretty soon. hopefully starting later today if I can go to the gym.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2012 4:27 pm

PHYSICALLY
I haven't had a regular workout routine in many months, not since I dropped out of the communtiy a while back.
My job consists of moving a lot of heavy boxes of freight as fast as I can and lots of kneeling, bending, climbing, etc. I've gained quite a bit of muscle due to the job, gained quite a bit of stamina due to the rush and from lengthy walks while keeping an eye on things around town, and have lost, as of this week, thirteen inches off of my belt. I had stopped losing when winter began but have begun to lose again the last two weeks. I anticipate quite a bit more loss this summer. Every inch of fat loss increases my health and effictiveness.

I'd like to get back to a workout of basic body weight exercises and some cardio, mostly sprints and powerwalking; I'm honestly one of those people not built for quick long distance jogging or running. But I can walk all damn day. The weight loss is going just fine, slow and steady and not reappearing, but I definitely need to up the stamina a bit more.

Other physical training I need to restart is combatives training, preferably with my buddies, to get back up to speed on muscle memory and actual training with a living person. Need to get back to pounding on a padded tree or punching bag.

SPIRITUALITY
I try to correct myself when I get negative or depressed. I try not to let my problems out on other people. I'm always polite but I can be sharp and a bit nasty when I'm in a mood. Overall, trying to be more of a positive force in my life and in the world around me.

MENTALLY
Still working on various projects: learning sign language, magic skills, brushing up on first aid, and other relevant skills. Lots of reading with Private Investigation oriented manuals, guides, etc. Always a chance to find a new and useful trick or technique.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2012 4:46 pm

When I worked at UPS I was developing a lot of muscle due to the nature of the job. Pretty mcuh what you described Midnight.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Wed May 16, 2012 8:10 am

Running every other day for half hour/40 minutes.
Strength training with a push/pull/legs split.
Teach karate monday/tuesday
Judo class monday night.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 am

1. muay thai
2. punching walls
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm

This is my basic schedule now. I try to stick to this regardless, and squeak in whatever extra I can.

MON: Rest / Skillset training (this can be anything from stretching and balance practice to language study, fight or weapons training, meditation.)
TUES: Core, Chest, and Legs
WED: Core and Arms
THUR: Core, Shoulders, Back, Legs
FRI: 5k with Back On My Feet
SAT: Rest / Skillset training
SUN: Get Fit With Fist training day in Piedmont Park. I invite people to come train with me, and it usually consists of parkour and calisthenic exercises.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:40 pm

the crimson fist wrote:
FRI: 5k with Back On My Feet

At first this sounded like a very awkward position in which to run, so I googled it. BoMF sounds like a very worthwhile organiziation!

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:18 am

berry berry fonny!
Back to top Go down
Treesong

Treesong

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 am

Here's a bit about my daily workout routine.

GOALS

(1) Increased strength and flexibility, especially in my in my neck and core muscles. [I currently have limited neck/spine mobility left over from past ailments.]
(2) Increased cardiovascular health and endurance.
(3) Healthier weight and muscle tone. [I used to be underweight and still am borderline.]
(4) A greater sense of empowerment and freedom in my body and my life.

METHODS

(1) Jogging: I jog approximately 2 miles every day. If I'm not doing my usual route, I jog about 20 minutes, which is slightly less than 2 miles for me [unless I'm really hustling].
(2) Yoga: I do about 30-45 minutes of yoga every day, focusing on asanas [poses] related to my specific health goals.

PROGRESS

(1) I've been jogging daily for over 2 years. In that time I've gone from struggling to do 1/7 of a mile per day to enthusiastically doing about 2 miles per day.
(2) I gained 20 pounds of muscle and fat to reach my target weight of 160 lb. I'm 6'2" and this feels like a good weight for me, though a little lean. I'm currently working toward another 10 pounds of pure muscle!
(3) I feel much healthier and happier. Since I started out in such a bad place, my physical stiffness and low neck mobility may make it seem to an outsider like I haven't made much progress. But I have much more energy, much more stamina, and am very happy with my progress. The training continues!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 am

WOOT WOOT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Training Routines?   Post Your Training Routines? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Post Your Training Routines?
Page 1 of 1