Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)

Go down 
+15
Dreamscape
Black Reaper
Polarman
Enigma
The Reverend
Bandit
Stephen Hannaway
Arpenteur
Vulpo
Equal
Rook
adamm[]
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
Blue Rattler
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Empty
PostSubject: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 pm

One skill that I've feared for a long time (but desperately needed) is the ability to be a better speaker. I finally took the jump and am attending a Toastmasters group tomorrow. Wish me luck.

What are some skills you all want/need to work on?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Breathing.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:35 am

My nunchuck skills...my computer hacking skills...
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 am

i can hack into computers.... with an axe aHA!
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 am

I'm looking into new skills to add to my psychological repertoire.

I'm at the beginning stages of training in animal assisted therapy (I recently finished the Pet Partners handler course and am in the rather long process of training a therapy animal...we're learning together).

I'd like to pursue some training in profiling, though I'm not sure exactly where to look (I'd like to get CEU's for this if I can for licensure purposes...two birds, one stone).

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:24 am

Parenting, tourniquets, leadership and violence.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 am

Leadership is definitely a huge focus for me right now, as well as keeping a rigid fitness schedule.
Back to top Go down
Arpenteur

Arpenteur

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:30 am

Parkour. My city is full of real playground for this one.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:58 am

Need combat skills badly, It's embarrassing how bad I am in a fight Razz
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Parkour and confidence! Nothing like people bringing you down constantly!
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Bandit wrote:
Nothing like people bringing you down constantly!

Yes, thank goodnes.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 am

i was a public speaking champion in highschool in california . went to state twice finished 5th and second . i assumed i would be awesome anytime it came up . when haz and i were on the news i could have spoken better . on the crossfire superhero acadamy raido sunday i could have spoken much better .

so public speaking and Spanish .

the latter i used to be close to fluent , now i can barely answer questions and in gimmic on patrol , while watching the team and working on the mission my spanish is almost zero .

im taking an online class in a few weeks if i can find the time .
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 am

Knowing when to back down. ( telling the difference between being a coward and living to fight another day)
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Snow removing Im always looking for ways to improve the time it takes to get the job done and see how many houses I can do in a single day

Getting kids to take it up not only as a job but also as a sport design large areas to be shoveled out and have people race to see who can get it done faster while using the safest methods in the race
Back to top Go down
Black Reaper

Black Reaper

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 am

I'm going to agree with enigma I sometime have a problem to just back down and let some things go because its not my prob
-Black Reaper
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 am

One of my former instructors impressed upon me that the point is to end the fight, not necessarily win it. After all, there are no winners in a fight, only survivors.

If you can end a fight by walking away, that's not so much backing down as it is sparing someone. Thus, walking away from a fight can be quite heroic.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Black Reaper

Black Reaper

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:13 am

I agree rook but where I come from its a "pussy move" as somee ppl call it but if I could avoid. A fight without anyone getting harm and still gain control of the situation that would be flawless

-Black Reaper
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:30 am

That's also extraordinarily unlikely. If it comes down to a street fight and it goes beyond posturing to actual contact, it's a safe bet that someone will be hurt.

If you can sacrifice your ego for the greater good, you've won. Just don't expect others to realize that.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Dreamscape

Dreamscape

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:23 pm

I always have a great love for learning. In my adulthood, the past 3 years, I have spent time studying physics, astronomy, history, biology, sociology, etc.

However, now that my life goals are focused towards assisting the community, I would like to learn more practical skills. One of the first things I intend to gain is a basis in first aid and CPR, study Canadian and specifically Ontario law in depth, and to return to kendo and begin jiu jutsu and kickboxing.

I also intend to learn as much as possible on all of you; I intend to be an involved member of the hero community and try and work and assist other heroes as best as I can, and the first step is understanding and knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:55 pm

i am first happy when i am reach a normal level from 8 fist hits per second
so i like to become more faster ^^
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 am

Just picked up a DVD "Mastering the Whip" by Adam Winrich (he performs as Adam Crack on the Renfest circuit). Ever since I was a kid (pre Indiana Jones), I had a fascination with whipcracking, but had little success. I've learned that it was the quality of the whip, in addition to my poor technique, that led to my frustration and eventual abandonment of my woud-be hobby.

I've ordered a rather nice whip and will be practicing this. I seriously doubt, however, that it will be incorporated into my RLSH work.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

whip is cool !
tell us when you can cut little tins Smile
Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2013 10:05 am

parkour and sneaking up on people
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm quite good at sneaking up on people, but there is a lot of people who won't find it funny. Guess it comes down to creativity. And everything goes on april the 1st! Got Freddy Kruger mask I great co-workers with when they enter the door, massive boo-factor in the morning hours.
Back to top Go down
Defie

Defie

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2013 5:50 pm

The Liam Neeson voice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)   Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Skills you want to improve (mine is public speaking)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next