Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I wanna become a hero

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaos Crusher

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

I wanna become a hero Empty
PostSubject: becoming a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:01 am

OK i wanna become a real life superhero i just need a little help finding some people who are A.already doing it or B.wanna start i live in Springfield Missouri any help is great thanks
Back to top Go down
Chaos Crusher

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:06 am

OK i wanna become a real life superhero i just need a little help finding some people who are A.already doing it or B.wanna start i live in Springfield Missouri any help is great thanks
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Welcome There are several ways to be an RLSH

Charity work Handing out food blankets clothes and such to homeless people

Entertainment Kids birthday parties public events raise money to help charities support different causes

Community service Snow shoveling Birthday parties garbage clean up ect.

Vollunteer services at public events Promoting public events

Crime fighting (Not recomended for minors) Watching crimminal activity taking place calling the cops The main reason I say not recomended for minors is because its so easy to be confronted by a criminal who sees you watching him and he could very easily try to make an example out of you This takes alot of intense training in all kinds of skills not just combat But you really have to know your local laws about citizen arrests
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:46 pm

There are several ways to becoming an RLSH

Vollunteer work at public events such as festivals concerts Birthday parties and such

Charity work Help vollunteer to raise money for different charities food banks Thrift stores Ect.

Community Service Clear snow clean up trash fix playgrounds

Raising awareness Talking about poverty Homelessness and other issues that are affecting your area

Taking a stand Standing up to bullies who pick on kids being there for the kids Understanding the bully and helping him deal with whatever problems he may have at home

Being a role model for kids Reading to them let them see you in the outfit Let them see the kind of work youre doing

Working with animals Some of us are doing work with animals both domestic and wild Ive brought home birds with broken wings and fed dogs who were hungry Because there are no regular vet services in Nunavut The wild animal is all too often put down also the shelter can only take so many dogs and cats before we have to turn them away and the pound is often forced to destroy the animals they catch

Crimefighting (Not recomended for minors or begginer RLSHs) This takes serious trainning in dealing with observing the crime as it happens Sometimes it means having to confront or you being confronted by the crimminals Dealing with gang related activites Knowing what to do if you come across a crime scene or something worse like a desceased body You also have to know the local laws involving citizen's arrests
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Merged duplicate threads
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:39 pm

I didnt real;ise they were duplicate threads I just thought that my post dissapeared like Anonyman's post did last week
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Step 1. Decide what your mission will be, and what action you will take to fulfill it.

Step 2. Gather info from others on here that have experience with a mission and style that is similar to what you hope to achieve. Use that to develop a realistic expectation of what rlsh will be like in actual application.

Step 3. Train, train, train. Once you know what to realistically expect, you will have a better idea of what to train for. Ask others for training tips and techniques to maximize the effectiveness of your training. Gathering as much quality information is part of training, so be sure to seek out as much as possible from reliable sources, to help you in achieving your mission goals. Decide what equipment you will need, and whether you will wear a uniform, and train in full gear whenever feasible.

Step 4. Make a list of your current contacts, and a separate list of contacts you hope to make. then take action to cultivate those contacts. The more allies you have the better. People who are sympathetic to your mission, as well as supportive of your method can make a world of difference.

Step 5. Analyze and evaluate. Once you feel you are adequately trained and ready to begin your mission, you will want to analyze the details, and evaluate your ability to perform your mission. If you find you are lacking, then either keep training until you are truly ready, or adjust your mission to fit your current level of ability. I recommend the former. More training is never a mistake.

I also must say this is in no way a comprehensive process that I have outlined, but it should help. Be sure to fill in the holes with advice from others on here. The more perspectives you gather, the better off you will be. I do also advise you to patrol with experienced rlsh before going out on your own. It is difficult to know how you will respond to a crisis situation until you are faced with one, and an experienced rlsh can help you cope if trouble should arise.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Just so you know There are some things even all the training in the world will never prepare you for You may expect to see something that could be quite shocking such as for example You vollunteer to look around town for a child who went missing the night before and you happen to stumble across the body or you are there to see someone get run over by a heavy vehicle and her head gets smashed to bits right in front of you a family member or friend of yours commits suicide or you hear the news of a murder suicide and it happened not too far from your place or a place that you visit almost every day
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Yes! This! What Polarman just posted is entirely relevant. It is a longshot that anything like this will actually happen while you are patrolling, but you need to know whether you can handle this kind of serious stuff. Not that you are likely to see anything so grisly as he describes here, but to some degree you may see disturbing things and/or have to cope with crises in a way that many people cannot. You don't want to find out solo if you can hack it. Much better to have backup, just incase.

Excellent post, Polarman, and also a very personal one, if I recall. Extra thanks for posting it because of that.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 pm

No matter what you see in movies that may appear horrible to watch Its nothing compared to seeing it happen in real life
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:55 pm

That's so true.
Back to top Go down
Vampireto!

Vampireto!

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wanna become a hero   I wanna become a hero Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I wanna become a hero
Page 1 of 1