Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE

Go down 
+12
C
Idea Man
Amazonia
Equal
Super-Nova
E0N (Inactive)
SkyMan
Urban Avenger
Flora V. Arbor
Proteus
Midnite Detective
Crossfire the Crusader
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Have you guys tried a foodlog? Where you record everything you eat and whatnot? Im thinking that might help me... but I have some real concerns about the nutrition part... I will delve into that later.
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Skyman that is a good idea for sure, others following the 1 Year Fitness Program could maybe do the same and share their foodlogs so we can all see how everyone is doing and what they are eating ? could be useful for if you get bored of the same foods as well, we could all try out each others favourites and maybe discover some new dishes. just an idea.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:04 pm

I'm more into plans than logs, personally (like a food plan), but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 pm

that would be cool to share and exchange ideas too Eon
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:14 pm

type it up!
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 am

Actually, a food and training log lets you see what you have done that is successful...I'm keeping one also.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:21 am

I'm keeping track of how many beers I drink every night!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 am

( sigh )
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:25 am

LMAO! Flora, I sometimes drink ONE a night, maybe 2 or 3 nights a week.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:32 am

( burrrrrrp)
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 am

That's hot.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:35 am

OOOOH how I want to derail this thread into silliness but I SHALL behaaaaave!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:47 am

Come to think of it I was lying... all I have is a growing stack of recipes and info, not really a "food plan."

I have a workout plan up... the only thing that's really changed about it is that instead of stretching at the beginning I've been doing animal crawls to warm up. That's basically just because I read it in a book about Parkour training and we do something vaguely similar at work now (warm up beforehand, stretch afterwards).
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:52 am

A+ EON
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 am

Hey FLora!

So what's wrong with doing burpees?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
Hey FLora!

So what's wrong with doing burpees?

most spinal discs herniate backward from accumulated damage.

I prefer "mountain climbers" against the wall or on the floor.

I like to ask - what is the goal of doing burpees?

Which muslce are trained?
Are they trained thru the full range of motion but not too far?
What joints are at risk?
In what way can the joint risk be removed?
Are you doing them for cardio?
Is the heart-rate up over 140 BPM?
Do you sustain the heart rate raise for a long enough time to elict
a training response in the heart and the lungs.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:48 am

Hell I don't know. Burpees make me sweat and tire me out. I don't have much of a game plan with heart rate and such.
Mountain climbers on the wall. Oh God I remember them from football. May have to do some again.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
Hell I don't know. Burpees make me sweat and tire me out. I don't have much of a game plan with heart rate and such.
Mountain climbers on the wall. Oh God I remember them from football. May have to do some again.

"Old Lady Does Spartacus Workout with no warmup"
youtube search this and do all three sections.
That will take care of you
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:27 am

Smile I have those saved from when you posted them.
I'll add them in with the current stuff.
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 am

MD, once I get out there, I'll get you going on the cardio. I'll take it easy on you, we'll start you out slow on the treadmill, let's say 4.5 mph for an hour. I jest, but I will help you out with that once there.

I know I said this on FB, good luck guys and if I can help with anything, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
Smile I have those saved from when you posted them.
I'll add them in with the current stuff.

YASSSS!
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:36 am

I am down from 385 to 380 this morning...just a small amount of weight loss so far...BUT...I have reduced my waist from 64" to 58 1/2 " and that amounts to a reduction of 5 1/2 inches...AND...that brings me from 43% to 36% body fat! I say the first couple weeks of the RLSH ONE YEAR WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE is a success and Im looking forward to seeing more victories!
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 am

Crossfire that is great news! waist from 64'' down to 58 and 1/2'' in such little time is really good and the fact that you only dropped 5 pounds means you probably gained some muscle too and muscle weighs more than fat so keep it up man!

i personally have remained about the same size but feel stronger and that is great because i don't really want to change my weight too much since i had lost a lot of weight before you began the '1 year fitness program'.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:18 am

I am interested in losing weight, but I could really use a support group.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Crossfire the Crusader wrote:
I am down from 385 to 380 this morning...just a small amount of weight loss so far...BUT...I have reduced my waist from 64" to 58 1/2 " and that amounts to a reduction of 5 1/2 inches...AND...that brings me from 43% to 36% body fat! I say the first couple weeks of the RLSH ONE YEAR WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE is a success and Im looking forward to seeing more victories!

YAY!! YAY!!! YAY!!!!!
So, see?
weight loss is not as important as inches lost.
YAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next