Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE

Go down 
+12
C
Idea Man
Amazonia
Equal
Super-Nova
E0N (Inactive)
SkyMan
Urban Avenger
Flora V. Arbor
Proteus
Midnite Detective
Crossfire the Crusader
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Idea Man wrote:
I am interested in losing weight, but I could really use a support group.
YAY! Did you read post one of the Challenge?

Join us!
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
I'm keeping track of how many beers I drink every night!
I've read that one beer or a glass of redwine a day is actually healthy. Yes, redwine is better, but a beer will also do. It helps reduce stress.

Crossfire, you're doing great. The only advice I have is: Don't go too fast.
I've heard that losing weight too fast will only result in gaining it again. I forget the reason. But it should be better to lose weight slowly for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:02 pm

.C. wrote:
Urban Avenger wrote:
I'm keeping track of how many beers I drink every night!
I've read that one beer or a glass of redwine a day is actually healthy. Yes, redwine is better, but a beer will also do. It helps reduce stress.

Crossfire, you're doing great. The only advice I have is: Don't go too fast.
I've heard that losing weight too fast will only result in gaining it again. I forget the reason. But it should be better to lose weight slowly for some reason.

Only drinkers say that about wine and beer but it is not bad.

Losing weight too quickly weakens the immue system and starves the brain.

Gaining muscle is a slow process.
Muscle is the only fat-burning tissue in the body.
So, it take a while to create muscle and THEN, the muscle will shrink the fat slowly.

There is no fast way to create muscle.
Steroids do not create muslce.
Steroids make scrawny people look thicker by way of puffiness
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Congrats Crossfire. That is awesome news. I agree with Flora, when I had a more muscular build, I was actually carrying more weight, around 140, but wearing size 5 or 6. Steroids is not the way to go, leads to to many health issues to. Best to stay natural and do what your body is capable of. In fact my old profile pic on FB was of me when I was around 135-140.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I admit to trying steroids a long time ago. If you don't work out super hard they do nothing. Plus I retained water, my bad joints hurt 100x worst, and I felt super charged lust for my wife, but my...you know....wouldn't get with the program. So steroids=bad.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Amazonia wrote:
Congrats Crossfire. That is awesome news. I agree with Flora, when I had a more muscular build, I was actually carrying more weight, around 140, but wearing size 5 or 6. Steroids is not the way to go, leads to to many health issues to. Best to stay natural and do what your body is capable of. In fact my old profile pic on FB was of me when I was around 135-140.

You and I are the same size!!!
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Cool, didn't know that Flora. Though your probably in better shape than I am right now, working on it though and so want my abs back. I'll bet your taller too.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 am

Amazonia wrote:
Cool, didn't know that Flora. Though your probably in better shape than I am right now, working on it though and so want my abs back. I'll bet your taller too.

5 ' 5"

as with every one, I only look good if I keep my clothes
on and choose those clothes carefully

Wink
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:12 am

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
Amazonia wrote:

5 ' 5"

as with every one, I only look good if I keep my clothes
on and choose those clothes carefully

Wink

Around the same height.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:38 am

Giggety. Razz
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 am

I'm doing fine on most of the challenges.
I've discovered that I can jog for several minutes if I have to but I jog/run like a damn rickety lumber wagon. And it's messing with my previously damaged big man knees.

So, with doctor's advice, I'm switchintg up to fast power walking to build up stamina and knees, as well as taking some fish oil and vitamins on my own. I'm cleared to do sprints as well.

Any advice on the fish oil or other supplements?
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:39 am

I went back to listen to the first two Crossfire radio shows. Am I right in thinking there is some kind of hero challenge in each episode? In the first show, they were talking about going into the community and thanking people that make some kind of positive impact. But if there was a challenge in the second one, I missed it.
Back to top Go down
RedLight

RedLight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:55 am

I cannot stress enough the importance of adding joint suppliments to your routine.
Glucosamine is standard. Chondroitin doesn't hurt either!
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:10 pm

I was looking at the fitness project blog. I am not sure if I should do the weekly benchmarks as suggested. I was talking to my counselor the other day about my tendency to start projects and then lose motivation. She said that part of the problem might be the either / or thinking. I am either working on a program to get into shape or I am doing nothing at all. Does anyone else struggle with motivation and sticking to things?
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:24 pm

All the time Idea Man.
I need a lot of constant reminders to keep on track or I flit from project to project. When I do keep on track and focus I have a very good success rate.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Redlight: I'll try those two supplements, thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:32 pm

RedLight wrote:
I cannot stress enough the importance of adding joint suppliments to your routine.
echo echo echo echo

( pounding table!!!)
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Idea Man wrote:
I was looking at the fitness project blog. I am not sure if I should do the weekly benchmarks as suggested. I was talking to my counselor the other day about my tendency to start projects and then lose motivation. She said that part of the problem might be the either / or thinking. I am either working on a program to get into shape or I am doing nothing at all. Does anyone else struggle with motivation and sticking to things?

see why I have a job????
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
RedLight wrote:
echo echo echo echo

( pounding table!!!)

Same here, echo echo echo.

I take Glucosamine every morning because of my right knee.
Back to top Go down
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Glucosamine & Chondroitin have helped me when absolutely nothing else has. I don't take them regularly anymore but if I've hurt myself or know I'm going to be more active than usual I will. Make sure you get a good brand of vitamins though. I really like NOW brands, and you can usually find them online for cheaper than in most stores. Swanson vitamins has good prices.

~Rogue
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:42 pm

So, those who do struggle with motivation, any strategies to suggest?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:45 pm

map out your day.
pick the time when you are fed and put a SHORT work out in there
and bring a book or do it where the TV is
or make sure that you have music.
Where your favorite clothes
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Very good suggestions from Flora. I would also suggest keeping track of your workouts, what you do for exercises and the weight and reps. Then chart your progress. I have found that to help motivate me to keep going and to see how I'm improving and also take measurements of yourself and chart your progress to. I mean, your waist, hips, chest, arms and so on and do that like once a week or every other week. This will also let you see where your improving and where your not and you can change up your workout. Like I said, this keeps me motivated to improve myself.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
Where your favorite clothes

Well, I keep them in my closet. Why do you ask?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:39 pm

I struggle to answer the question "how do you motivate yourself" for other people every now and then (at work).

It's kind of a personal question. The only thing I can think of is by whatever means make a decision that you have no choice other than to do something.

Hasn't always worked for me, though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE   ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ONE YEAR FITNESS CHALLENGE
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next