Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tactical Handgun Defense Training

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:08 pm

@Nightmare,

High kicking isn't advisable during a fight, for two reasons: you'll end up probably losing your balance and going to the ground; and any place past your waist your legs can go, your arms can get there more efficiently. If you're kicking, keep your legs below your waist. Hero Man brings up an important point: appropriate use of force. If at all possible, you want to use the minimum allowable force to end a conflict; only resort to actual combat when you have no choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Well said. I'm not sure if there's a creator yet, I think I may wait until I have died to make a final descision haha. XD I just don't have the information needed for such a question. It's like asking a sim in a computer he believes in the guy playing the video game haha; many sims don't seem to be aware of your existence, but you're still real. So in my mind all possibilities are open; i just don't have an opinion currently because I don't think as a human I can begin to understrand where everything came from and where I'm going, and whatnot. I'll just keep on doing my best and see what happens. Should be quite a ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:38 pm

That is a complicated step. Can you demonstrate me another step?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Put your arms above your head when you feel hands grasp your neck. Now turn around. That's it. XD Most basic choke escape I know of.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:43 pm

i dont know what you are talking about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Nevermind then.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am

Wait, I think I got it,
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am

So that's how it is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:15 am

Great.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]See, explosions? I'm not lying
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Link is always busted!! Never mind. Just Google those guys who have been exploded by firecrackers
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
The Flame

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Hero-Man has a right to believe in whatever he wants, and so do you Nightmare.

But it isn't your place, nor is this the place, to try to convert him. 

Finding solid proof of any religion is difficult, and any non believers will always have their comebacks.  I'm not taking a side in this, but it isn't worth the effort to try to convince him of your beliefs.
Back to top Go down
The Flame

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:09 pm

And Nightmare, if you're being choked and they already have a solid grip on your neck, the first thing to do is sort of like shrugging your shoulders. 
When you move your shoulders up, it messes with their grip.  You'll be able to breathe again.

From there, the techniques that I learned differ depending on what direction you're being choked from.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Ah, flame, the religion thing is already wiped out from this thread. We are just discussing things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:19 am

Dad said I might be getting a left handed shooter 1911 Remington Handgun for my Birthday here in a couple weeks. In Alaska you can open carry at 18 and conceal carry at 21.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 am

I'll be 19.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Pretty intense firepower. You probably won't even have to fire off a shot with one of those babies.

Regarding being choked... chances are, you won't be put in a choke-hold from the front. Behind, possibly; in front, if it happens, your attacker will be really close to you, so much so that shrugging off the choke is less likely to work. If you do get caught in a choke like that, many martial arts advocate bringing your arms up between you and your attacker and pushing their arms to the side, or bringing an arm down hard on the elbows; being hinge-joints, elbows are the "weak link", so to speak, in any hold, and applying enough force to them will cause the arms to buckle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Best handgun in the world he said. They were originally carried by spec ops into jungles where the enemies as they do in other parts would get stoned out of their minds then go blow themselves up. The old guns though didn't work on them. Theyd shoot seven or eight times and theyd still be coming, so then came the 1911, where their old guns failed these wouldn't, designed specificcaly for stopping power, one of the few pistoks that can take down a full grown grizzly bear. Smile
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:26 pm

Is that M1911 Beretta?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Nope, that must be a different model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tactical Handgun Defense Training
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3