Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tactical Handgun Defense Training

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:58 am

I don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas.

No, I wouldn't join if a bunch of Christians asked me to. That's exactly what you did. A bunch of christians told you what to believe as you grew up and you believed it without any real evidence to support it. Like I said, it's called Fideism; believing something your told with no evidence to base it on.

I wouldn't join because I DO NOT BELIEVE. That's what you don't seem to be understanding; you talk to me as if a part of me believes in God, like your trying to do an intervention or something lol.

Should I join Christianity, and say that I believe, when I DON'T, or is it not better for me to live my life honestly, towards myself and others. Even if I said I was a born again Christian and believed in god, it would not be true. I cannot join a faith that I don't believe in. It would be a lie. And in your faith, lying is one of the no no's on your ten commandments. But you seem to want me to lie?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:00 am

No, I'm just asking questions. What if Jesus knocks in your door and told you, can I eat with you?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:01 am

Just search the leaf of lady Guadalupe. Just Google it. I want your opinion about that. Take a look. But I'm not trying to convert you to christian.
Back to top Go down
pongo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:08 am

Cutting the cake, getting the crack, heavy stack left, right and body armour! love a bit of CQM.
SAS troopers do not carry mirrors, at least the ones I know don't anyway.
As for the religion stuff, is this the place?
@Hamilton, hopefully you never have to use it, but knowing how to operate a weapon is useful. Kind of like first aid. Train hard, fight easy.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:39 am

You are still aren't answering my question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:43 am

@Pongo: Well said. Smile

@Nightmare: I'd let him in of course; what kind of hero denies a person a meal?

You may be surprised however to learn that I do in fact believe in Jesus, I just don't believe him to be the son of god.

Yeshua Ben Joseph, his real name, translated "the Lord is Salvation", was a revolutionary who galvanized remote areas of the Roman Empire preaching a message of peace and love, and was brutally executed for it to be made example of by the evil rulers as all revolutionaries were. It would be an utmost honor to share a meal with the most influencial man who has ever lived. Smile

As for Our Lady Of Gaudalupe, the legend did get its first boost of testable evidence in 1995, which (in a case of suspiciously fortuitous timing) was after Juan Diego's beatification in 1990, while there was still debate over whether he should be canonized (he ultimately was, in 2002). A Spanish Jesuit named Javier Escalada produced a deerskin which pictorially depicted the Juan Diego legend and has become known as the Codex Escalada. The Codex also mentioned several historical people, and even bore the signature of a Franciscan historian, Bernardino de Sahagún (1499-1590), dated 1548. Basically, it was the Perfect Storm of tailor-made evidence proving that the Juan Diego legend was the accepted history at the time. A little too tailor made though; no serious historians have supported its authenticity. The best analysis I've found is by Alberto Peralta of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] project. Based on its dubious unveiling, numerous inconsistencies, and other factors, Peralta concludes that it's impossible for the document to be authentic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:54 am

I think it was a piece of art, in short.

As for the people seeing visions and whatnot, that is merely the power of suggestion. A man once almost froze to death when he was accidently locked inside the freezer car of a train. When they found him he had severe hyperthermia and had only minutes left to live. But oddly enough, the freezer was never even turned on. He just thought he was freezing to death. Because he believed he was going to die, his brain almost made it happen by lowering his body temperature. If you believe something strong enough your brain will make it more of a reality for you, even to the point of killing you or making you halucinate.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:20 am

Jeez, I thought you don't believe in Jesus. Well that's not enough to say that you are a chatolic. Just messing with you again. Well, December 25 was jesus's birthday, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 am

Wrong. He was born during passover, which would have been some time during spring. XD
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:10 am

Then why does they keep telling that DEC 25 was his birthday and how did you know that he was born in spring?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:12 am

I'm a psychic and I am seeing the future. You have one message. Look at your mail in this forum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 am

I know because I read the Bible. Luke 1:26. First four words. I don't know why we celebrate on the 25th. Always thought it was kinda silly, lol.

And sorry but you're too late with the psychic prediction, I replied to your message before coming to this thread haha. XD
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:19 am

There are two pagan holidays that occur around that time: Yule, and Saturnalia. The Roman Catholic church has a tradition of taking things that are pagan and useful, and incorporating them into Catholic theology. In this case, Yule and Saturnalia mark the end of the old year, and the beginning of the new. Just like when they divided up the system of numbering years between BC and AD, they decided to make Christ's birthday a time of natural transition: the end of the year before, and the beginning of the year to come. Same reason they call Resurrection Sunday, "Easter", which was originally a holiday celebrating the goddess Ishtar.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:22 am

Regarding Hero Man's arguments against Christianity, they're the same arguments made by Epicurus against theism. There are two problems. First, these arguments are based on feelings, rather than fact, and are logically irrelevant. Second, there are a lot of other parameters that don't get taken into consideration, such as the possible times God does intervene and God's reluctance to violate the free will of His creations. To each, their own, but there are always two sides to every story. A lot of people believe Plato's Cave is a good counter to the questions of Epicurus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:58 am

If God is real, I think he's a scientist who's worked with collegues in a lab to build a super computer program that is the universe. Because after all, if you want to find out if your living in a simulation, just zoom in. You'll see everything is made of pixels. And so is our entire universe, made of pixels billions of times smaller than an atom. Not in the way we're used to seeing pixels, but pixels nonetheless. Many scientists believe that the universe is digital for this and other reasons.

I play the Sims a lot. It's like ruling my own universe. What if there was a much much larger computer system that could simulate an entire universe, all based on just a few simple rules. And in computer simulations, one has the power to bend the laws of physics within that dimension. The only way god can be all knowing and all powerful, is if he's playing the computer game that is our universe. The sims for PS100 (Play Station 100). Why play station? Well i think our god, if there is one, is a human from our future. Who else can design and simulate human beings in a program better than a human themself, and with a computer game, you can be all knowing (in regards of the game) and all powerful (in regards of the pieces of code you write).

Currently scinetists say that the computation power of our computers is doubling every thirteen years, in a couple decades we'll have a super computer hundreds if not millions of times smarter than a human being, and possibly be able to create our own Universe Game, and plug ourselves into that simulation. Perhaps we are lost in a world of simulations; in each simulation designing a new simulation and going in through the doorway and getting digitalized into a new piece of code.

If I believe in any religion, it's Scientology. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:02 am

And then there still isn't any true free will, since we're obviously not the ones controling the game. Otherwise we'd be able to bend the laws of physics at will. We're the sims. Or, maybe not. there's just know way of knowing much of anything for certain, without a doubt. Even the claim that scientists understand only 4 percent of the universe (yet many seem to think despite that we can still know how the heavens and the earth were created and have come up with some pretty wild stories since the dawn of our existence), is highly debateable. I personally just like to not give myself a headache thinking about it and enjoy the ride while it lasts. I'm not afraid of dying because I don't have too many dead set beliefs about what'll happen, if anything, afterwards. I'm really curious though. (Not so curious I neglect my wellbening and basic will to survive of course lol).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:03 am

And then there still isn't any true free will, since we're obviously not the ones controling the game. Otherwise we'd be able to bend the laws of physics at will. We're the sims. Or, maybe not. there's just know way of knowing much of anything for certain, without a doubt. Even the claim that scientists understand only 4 percent of the universe (yet many seem to think despite that we can still know how the heavens and the earth were created and have come up with some pretty wild stories since the dawn of our existence), is highly debateable. I personally just like to not give myself a headache thinking about it and enjoy the ride while it lasts. I'm not afraid of dying because I don't have too many dead set beliefs about what'll happen, if anything, afterwards. I'm really curious though. (Not so curious I neglect my wellbening and basic will to survive of course lol).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:05 am

Maybe when we die we'll jolt upright in a comfy chair with a weird helmet on our heads and say, "Whoa....what a rush!" in an entirely different world, the ultimate virtual reality, haha. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:06 am

So next time you see something scary coming at you, just remember, it's not real. XD (I am totally kidding, shoot it or run away lol)
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:38 am

Can you share some skills i could use?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:03 am

Sure. If someones trying to choke you with two hands from the rear, side or front, take a comfortable step with whichever leg while raising your arms up and turning around. You look kinda like a ballerina but it will free you from the chokehold without having to use any force. The side of your body and armpit are what's releasing you. Practice with a friend.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:04 am

What comfortable step? You mean raising the leg very high?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:06 am

No, that takes way to much time. In real life when someone chokes you with two hands they don't just place their hands around your neck, they'll usually be charging or will push and pull you, take a step whichever way he's pulling or pushing and lower your base so that you don't fall over, just take a small, regular, comfortable step to establish balance.

If your about to fall hard on your back or fall hard anywhere really, be sure to tuck your chin to protect your head and expell all of the air out of your lungs immediately when you realize you're about to take a hard fall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:08 am

Lower your base as in just bend your knees slightly. Practice with a friend; you should see what I mean once you give it a go; you'll see what you have to do to keep balance. Practice with a friend first and try to figure it out on your own based on the information I gave, if you still can't figure out then ask some more questions. You should be able to figure it out though; it's a really basic move.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:05 pm

It's interesting that you bring up computer simulations, as scientists are conducting experiments to determine if this universe is a computer simulation or not. As it is, the closest we humans can come to understanding the nature of existence and the universe seems to be a dream or imaginary state, not unlike the way that a tulpa is real to it's creator. If that's the case, it's reasonable to presume that our maker provided certain parameters of optimum performance in existence, and deviating from these parameters would elicit adverse consequences. Either way, it seems reasonable to believe in a higher power than ourselves, under whom all are equal, and who made everyone in His own image.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tactical Handgun Defense Training
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next