Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.

Go down 
+15
Urban Avenger
Hazmat
Polarman
Zenith
Proteus
Ohm
Jack Shadow
Teiden
Sleepless
Silver Sentinel
Captain Illumination
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
Equal
Midnite Detective
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 pm

I agree with you EON, I am also trying to figure out how to incorporate this kind of attack into tem training.

I am literally the only one wearing anything that would stop a knife. Grim's a close second, but his armor doesn't cover nearly as much of his body.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

Midnight, I will keep those things in mind.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

One thing that helps waaaay in advance is: TRAIN. The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war. Get a decent training knife, chalk the blade, and train. Anywhere you get the chalk on you is a hit.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Jack you just barely beat me to the post. Very Happy

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
Have your friends jump out from nowhere with a soft trainer and start stabbing.
Practice that and stand up.

Grey Man and I have done it. Feels kinda dumb until you realize if he had a real knife you'd be dead or maimed. Then you practice some more.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 pm

We've done knife training, and I've been mur-diddley-ered before, but never anything that crazy or with that little telegraphing.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
I've been mur-diddley-ered before

Where's the like button?
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Why don't you try it on your guys the next time you meet up.
Don't tell them what's up, just whip out a foam knife and start slamming them hard.

Maybe you'll wake them up a bit. Smile Go crazy and don't telegraph.

I'm happy to say my 'dead' rate has dropped significantly. it's often 'cut up but probably survivable' and a few total blocks.
It's rough man.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:53 pm

I will do that. Smile
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:55 pm

For training, instead of having some programmed response, I would just drill repeatedly on knife scenarios with fake knives, even if you have to use pieces of cardboard.

Any time I've tried to do techniques from some sort of step by step "this is how you respond" frame of mind even a minor change in what the attacker does messes up everything. I'm really suspicious of techniques like that, personally.

Mostly I've tried that with guns in mind. A simple switch to "okay, now hold it like a gangsta" made it so the magic technique pointed the gun directly at my face...

If you can get some of those shock knives I bet they're a great incentive to take it seriously.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Those shock knives look fun as hell.

As for technique: keep it bare bones.
It really messes you up on slight changes?
I'm always able to modify it to suit my needs. My physical frame, quickness, etc.
It's just a framework. Modify it to work for you, in practice.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 pm

yeah i know i'm making it sound eaiser that it probably is.

What do you use for instruction then Eon? Do you stick with just one on one training?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 pm

At the moment I either do it at work with virtually unlimited resources (although I can't make that happen any old time I want and nothing is coming up) or I force my son to play the bad guy.

Looks like I may be hooking up with a few people more regularly in the future, but I don't have a long list of readily available sparring partners today.

If I were in UA's position I would train individually with up to three attackers (but 1 on 1 most frequently) and switch to team training for more fake bad guys than that... at least as a starting point.

One good thing the army does and probably other groups do, as well, is to have a group divide into two even circles (an inner and outer circle) and people spar in pairs for 1 minute, then the circles rotate (switch partners) and another minute, repeat until you feel like you're going to collapse... no reason you couldn't equip one group with fake knives.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Nice. Very nice. That circle thing sounds fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm more a fan of using principles than technices. Technices are complex and get messed up when a link in the chain is broken. Principles are simple and never change.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Fuck yeah!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm

I've wanted a shocknife for a while. Fuckin' things are expensive, though.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh you like the shockknife Urban? Very Happy
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Obfzj0o1NPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Hazmat wrote:
As for dealing with a knife being used against you, (even by some armature like the man in this video, that has no idea how to use the weapon) well, just accept that you are almost certainly going to get cut or stabbed. Wrap your head around this and accept the situation and do not let it be a shock to you.

Gauge wrote:
Even an unskilled knife-wielder has the advantage against an unarmed opponent, and you usually end up getting stabbed in such a confrontation.

Thems the facts.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Oh and half a grand for a shock knife is BS.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:30 pm

A half a grand? If we can jury rig stun gadgets out of $15 stun guns we can definitely make a $30 practice stun knife.

...or just pretend like a stun gun is a knife...
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 pm

In fact if $500 is the norm for those things... we need to start a business here... Razz
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Dude eon you read my mind. It would just take some sheet metal on arubber knife with a couple of 9v batteries.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Yep.

1 Shock Knife kit

Includes:
• 1 - SK-2 training knife = (OK Good so far)
• 1 - 1-year warranty = Pffffft
• 1 - Shocknife Safety Monitor Certification = Piece of paper
• 1 - Carrying case = Plastic lunchbox
• 1 - Shocknife Accessory kit = two batteries and a cheap little screwdriver

Item # SK-S

Price: $499.00

Last edited by Hazmat on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:55 pm

The nice thing about the shocknife is that it has an adjustable intensity on the pommel, so you don't have to shock the living crap out of the other guy if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Might as well shock the living crap out of him, though.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next