Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.

Go down 
+15
Urban Avenger
Hazmat
Polarman
Zenith
Proteus
Ohm
Jack Shadow
Teiden
Sleepless
Silver Sentinel
Captain Illumination
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
Equal
Midnite Detective
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:33 am

Urban Avenger wrote:
finally saw the video.

where are the police and why didn't they shoot that fucker on site? what the hell was wrong with that guy? he looked like he was enjoying it.

I'm not even sure the cops carry pistols over there.
The guy was apparently mentally deranged.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:32 am

Different weapon culture in Europe. In many of the countries there, cops don't need guns on patrol. They don't carry mainly because they don't want to give criminals a reason to.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:33 am

Criminals care about whether cops carry guns or not?
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 am

Guns are not very available, so more expensive to get illegaly. Punishment for carrying weapons are severe. Cops not wearing it is just a little part of the whole picture. But it's an important part of it. Guns aren't natural for people unless they have served. Most people have only seen guns on TV. So guns are alien.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Unfortunately, guns are not all highly complex, and the average fifth grader can figure out how to operate a revolver. Criminals will go to great lengths to get an advantage if they feel they need it. Buying a gun illegally or stealing one is not farfetched.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Lucky for us that culture is a powerful thing then.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:25 pm

It doesn't make much of a difference because being depraved of certain weapons doesn't make criminals any less willing to do what they want to do.

In places where guns are illegal, such as Canada and Australia, knife related deaths are through the roof.
Hypothetically, if you took away every weapon conceivable, then criminals would use their bodies instead.

As for the video, I must say that it really did hurt me to watch. I felt sad that things turned out that way. As for the assailant, he somewhat resembled a crazed animal. He clearly was not sane.

Over the past 2 years, I have been exposing myself to disturbing material for the sake of increasing my resistance to shock. I've seen images of horrible things done to human corpses. I once saw a very high quality photo of a man's body that was impaled by hundreds of knives. I forced myself to inspect these images for the sake of justice. And while I know this is still minuscule compared to seeing things like this in person, it is certainly better than nothing, and my tolerance for gruesome acts, at least visually, has improved. My empathy has not been harmed however, nor has my hope in humanity. While it is baffling to see humanity's capacity for malcontent, it is also important to remember that humans have an equal capacity for benevolence, and this is something that most people take for granted. Gotta love pessimism.

This was a sobering video to watch, and I thank you for sharing it with us.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:05 pm

You can try to prepare for seeing gruesome death, but it's the smell that really makes you sick, and it gets in your clothes, hair and skin. You never forget the smell, and you pray to never smell it again.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:13 pm

I don't get your argument Helix. There is a lot easier to hurt or kill somebody with a gun than a knife.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:46 pm

I think he means that if someone wants to commit a crime they'll find a way to do it. Legality of weaponry or even availability of one is not the main factor in crime.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:49 pm

But the difficulty of going through with it is a factor. There is a reason that robbers pick old people over body builders. Or some undecent people choose a job over crime.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Dogman wrote:
But the difficulty of going through with it is a factor. There is a reason that robbers pick old people over body builders. Or some undecent people choose a job over crime.

Dogman speaks the gospel truth right there.

Now there are two schools of thought from this point of the conversation on. Those that believe that the old people in question have a right to protect themselves with a firearm, and those that think they do not.

But that is a whole different can of worms. I will never try to convince someone that they should change their mind when it comes to guns. There is very little middle ground on the issue. It can only cause problems to discuss it and it is bound to foster hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:40 pm

I can make anyone agree with me with a gun! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:34 pm

In the US, the FBI stats for 2009 show that roughly 42% of robberies committed involved the use of a firearm. The remaining 58% were committed with an assortment of knives, bats, and other implements, with some using no weapon at all.

Even with a gun, a robber isn't likely to choose a victim whom they think could put up a fight. They are not looking to shoot someone, and the vast majority of gun robberies do not end with he victim being shot. Many robberies are committed with only the threat of a gun, so we can't be entirely sure how many of those criminals who didnt show a weapon were even armed.

In locales where guns are outlawed, a criminal will find a way to commit crimes. Outlaw guns and they'll use a knife. Outlaw knives and they'll use bats. Etc. Or they may just go to the trouble of obtaining a gun illegally, as many criminals do. Improvised weapons are often used in assaults, especially if they are spontaneous. Whatever is easiest to get is what a career criminal will use most often. Knives are easy to get in the US, and guns aren't much harder.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
I can make anyone agree with me with a gun! Smile

Sorry, I don't agree with that... Laughing

And Gauge, you're right. George Harrison for instance, had been accosted in his own home by a guy known in the neighborhood as "Mad Mick" stabbed in the chest. No gun needed. Then again, his wife smacked the stuffing out of the attacker, so....
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:42 pm

" the point is they robbed a bank with a fucking cell phone ! " from the cafe scene in pulp fiction
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Mick Abram was a delusional who thought the Beatles were witches or some such, and attempted to kill George and his wife Olivia (?) by stabbing them in their bedroom. I think he would've used a dull spork if that's all that was available. The little wifey, by the way, is an expert martial artist, although she used a lamp to take the guy down. Lucky for him.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 am

I'm not saying that I like guns or anything, but it is a fact that crime rates are lower in places where gun laws are less restrictive.
The ability to defend one's self and one's family to the fullest capacity is important. Guns will always be easier for criminals to get their hands on than what would be the case for law abiding citizens. And while Dogman's point that using a knife is much less favorable would be true, that doesn't change the fact that people do it a lot.

Last edited by Double Helix on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 am

Criminals also use screw drivers, hammers, glass bottles. Anything that is handy will suffice.

Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:15 am

Exactly.

And you'd be pretty surprised by how many murders were committed with wooden planks in some pretty horrible ways.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:17 am

Guage wtf ? I'm shure that's some line from some movie and you have out nerded me .
And d helix , crime rates are lower in areas where guns are legal . Its simple logic . Can't wait for somone here to say its not true Smile
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 am

Oh I'm sure some hippie liberal will come by and say something.

Ready a book once called more guns, less crime. Eye opener.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:45 am

Reverend, sorry to disappoint, but as far as I know it wasn't a movie line.

Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 am

Gauge wrote:
Mick Abram was a delusional who thought the Beatles were witches or some such, and attempted to kill George and his wife Olivia (?) by stabbing them in their bedroom. I think he would've used a dull spork if that's all that was available. The little wifey, by the way, is an expert martial artist, although she used a lamp to take the guy down. Lucky for him.
Wonder what the result would be if he had a gun.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:03 am

Dogman wrote:
Wonder what the result would be if he had a gun.

Wounder what the result would have been if the victim had one.

See what I did there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next