Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.

Go down 
+15
Urban Avenger
Hazmat
Polarman
Zenith
Proteus
Ohm
Jack Shadow
Teiden
Sleepless
Silver Sentinel
Captain Illumination
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
Equal
Midnite Detective
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:54 pm

All this stuff is fairly easy and cheap to fabricate. Depending on the quality I could mock up something for q/10th the price probably. I'd love to hit my guys with this when they least suspect it.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 pm

How about a stun baton, combined with a stun glove? You could rig it so the baton is mostly exposed copper or some cheaper conductor, and draws power from the glove. That way if you somehow lose the baton, they at least can't stun you with it.

Gadgeteers, opinions please.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:09 pm

I think just a shock baton by itself is practically already a poor man's shock knife for training purposes...
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Hmm.. about the same cost too... but those are meant to disable an attacker. I don't think the shock knife will actually do that.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:13 pm

No... it looks like just an unpleasant zap.

BUT that's all a stun gun does unless you sustain contact for a bit, which you wouldn't typically be able to do in knife practice.

Smaller contact area, though.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Depends on the stun device. Mine immobilize muscles, even if only for a split second. I guess it depends on the stun baton? Both of mine are over the 1mil. volt range. Probably has something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Well what I had envisioned wasn't like a standard shock baton, with contact points only on the tip. Call it a shock sword perhaps, where the entire striking surface is charged by the glove. But I do agree that shock style weapons are not ideal for brawls.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 pm

I was looking at this for training purposes. Not field use.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah, perhaps this is the wrong place for me to have posted this, but the thought occurred to me by reading this thread, so I posted it here.
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

I would have given him three warning to drop the weapon then fired. I have my CWP and if after the third time he didn't stop that gives me the green light to drop him. I know that others are saying that you could do it in other manners, but he could very easily injure you with that knife. Do you honestly think that after he has stabbed his wife numerous times he won't turn the blade on you? You have to not only act smart, but you have to keep yourself out of danger in the process.

Also there was a guy here in Yakima that was stabbing another gang banger several times. The official report was 73 times. A police officer happened to drive by as this was happening and immediately pulled his fire arm and asked the guy to drop the weapon. The guy continued to stab him and the police officer shot him in the abdomen. The guy got up, grabbed the knife and tried stabbing the victim again before the police officer shot him and killed him on the scene.

There are also several studies of people under this type of aggression will not fully respond to outside stimuli, like pepper spray, or tazer. The guy in the video was also kicked several times in the head and just shrugged it off.

Not really trying to promote using a weapon, but just offering my opinion. I would take a life to save another innocent live from being harmed. I will also not put my self in a extremely dangerous situation. If the only thing I had was a tire iron, I would have used that.

Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 pm

justice, I think you have the right course of action. especially if you have a gun.

most of us don't.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 pm

In this specific instance, several people tried (lamely) to assist by physical force, and the assailant made no move to deflect or retaliate. I think he was so single-minded that you could have done almost anything to him with impunity. I wouldn't suggest that is the case in every situation, and would never operate on that assumption.
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Gauge wrote:
In this specific instance, several people tried (lamely) to assist by physical force, and the assailant made no move to deflect or retaliate. I think he was so single-minded that you could have done almost anything to him with impunity. I wouldn't suggest that is the case in every situation, and would never operate on that assumption.

Right on the money Gauge.

@UA
I have to carry in my neighborhood now. There have been lots of drive by's lately. The guy across the street from me was killed a few days ago, and I live in a nice neighborhood. I wish that I didn't have to. I wish I could be less serious about patrolling, but if I do, it could be dangerous. Gotta be on my toes.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:58 am

Justice258 wrote:

I have to carry in my neighborhood now. There have been lots of drive by's lately. The guy across the street from me was killed a few days ago, and I live in a nice neighborhood. I wish that I didn't have to. I wish I could be less serious about patrolling, but if I do, it could be dangerous. Gotta be on my toes.
My neighborhood is a pretty dangerous place. I used to patrol the neighborhood at around 2-4 AM with a fiberglass shaft that comprises the handle for my pickaxe. It's a handy thing, it's light, but hits hard and in a concentrated fashion. It's kinda like a blunt sword. Honestly, I'm more worried about being attacked by dogs or crocodiles than I am by my neighbors(and I have been attacked by a dog before while patrolling) but there are quite a few rednecks back here and they do some shady stuff. There's also a lot of cock fighting and I've stumbled across personal shooting ranges hidden in the mangroves. As somebody who walks around in the salt marshes quite often, knowing that I could step into a shooting range doesn't make me feel very safe. There have been a few drive-by shootings near my house, but I've not heard of anybody dying yet. They usually seem to be failed attempts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 8 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8