Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Announcement

Go down 
+39
nightmare
MythoDragon
arrowdynamic
Stephen Hannaway
Dark Guardian
Geist
Triumph
Iron Lamb
Equal
DarkShadow
Thre3
!
Rook2
C
Crossfire the Crusader
Silver Sentinel
Havoc
Proteus
adamm[]
hiddensparrow
Jack Shadow
JohnDoe
Gadgetastic!
Anonyman
Leviathan
GalaxyDjinn
E0N (Inactive)
Blue Rattler
patchwork
SkyMan
Polarman
Amazonia
thanatos
Gauge
Instructor
Sleepless
herointraining
Vulpo
Zimmer
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Big Announcement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Zimmer wrote:
The one and only Heroes Network, hosted on AceBoards, is for message board discussions that would just be a mess on Facebook. Like TheRLSH, it has private messaging, but unlike this site, it has dozens of subgroups, ranging from team forums to a lounge area to general discussions to books to tactics.

Of our private groups, the most active is The Unlimited Program, which is A training program for superheroes based on martial arts belt levels. We also have Prism Branch, where technologists talk about inventions and projects they're working on, and PIG, the Paranormal Investigation Group, which shares information on all kinds of subjects. Also popular is Orphanage, for under 21 RLSH, and Marketplace, for people to buy, sell and barter goods and services within the community.

We have quite a few dozen new members and I'm getting new requests every day.

Cool. Thanks for clearing all that up, Zimmer!

Out of curiosity though, why this new site if the old one is still very active?

I have my own perceptions as to why this is the case, but it would be nice to hear a formalized opinion (if you haven't mentioned one already someplace) as to why this one was created (other than to separate relations from "he that shall not be named").

Cheers and thanks again,

~HS.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 pm

This site only has three sections, and I think forums do better when there are lots and lots of different areas to explore and talk about. For those that like the ultra focused, this site is here, for those that want to talk about all kinds of different specific things, there's the HN.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Zimmer wrote:
This site only has three sections, and I think forums do better when there are lots and lots of different areas to explore and talk about. For those that like the ultra focused, this site is here, for those that want to talk about all kinds of different specific things, there's the HN.

Ah. Ok, thank you once again for clearing that up. Smile

Cheers! Cool \/

~HS.
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Hiddensparrow, we sort of went through the recovery process before when the original Heroes Network was trashed. There's nothing easy about it. It'll just suck up a lot of hours.

I have to say that I feel a bit like Polarman, where I consider myself a friend to all. If there's anything I can do to broker a peace, please allow me to try. I have some skills which might be considered diplomacy and am willing to carefully apply them. Plus, I have a history with most of you guys. And for the most part, it's a good one.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:20 am

Geist wrote:
Hiddensparrow, we sort of went through the recovery process before when the original Heroes Network was trashed. There's nothing easy about it. It'll just suck up a lot of hours.

I have to say that I feel a bit like Polarman, where I consider myself a friend to all. If there's anything I can do to broker a peace, please allow me to try. I have some skills which might be considered diplomacy and am willing to carefully apply them. Plus, I have a history with most of you guys. And for the most part, it's a good one.

Greetings, Geist!

It is an honour to hear from you! Cool \m/

I believe that Gauge has also given an honest try with regards to keeping things civil among certain other individuals who've ended up on these boards.

Sometimes you can only spend so much of your energy before you finally realize some people are not worth your time at the moment (and vice-versa at the moment).

Sometimes it helps one's own sanity to take time away from certain groups of individuals (or certain individuals) and "find oneself" before coming back with a healthier and more wisened perspective on things.

I can safely speak from personal experience on that one as well.

I am also more than happy to be friends with all, so long as the attitudes and focus exist on the same basic level of playing field.

I know that I can be brash and impatient at times as well. This is an aspect that I have learned to become a high self-monitor for. In many ways, I too am still young in mind and have quite a bit to learn, yet.

Tough love can teach you a lot, but you can also lose out a lot if you are not careful with doling it out. It is a difficult balancing act.

I will continue to keep an open mind to the best of my abilities and will happily consult you as well from this point forth for further diplomatic purposes.

Thank you once again most sincerely for your feedback and open and caring hand,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~HS.

Last edited by hiddensparrow on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : image did not come through the first time, despite direct copy+paste efforts.)
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 am

WTF is goign on here. I step away and this happens. Are you serious. You going to let a bully like Tothian step all over you?
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:35 am

Zimmer wrote:

I appreciate his past contributions to this community. We wouldn't be where we are without him.

No a true statement. He has not contributed much. starting a forum is not a big contribution. He didn't even start the first forum all he did was find an opportunity to get clout and power when the Blitz's forum had problems.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 am

I think having two "camps" may actually be more beneficial to the RLSH than continuously spending time trying to get everyone to get along.

If you feel unwelcome in one camp, maybe you'll feel more welcome in the other camp. Being welcome in just one camp will result in less drama. Instead more people will get the help they need.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 pm

This forum is staying. I will have to re-do. I invite everyone to go to Zimmers heroes network. If Zimmer wants I can even make him an admin on here because this place needs some serious fixing.

I'll try to fix this up and get a whole team of admins and moderators to maintain it.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Just for clarification. By "two camps", I didn't mean this site and Zimmer's Hero's Network. I meant this site (or Zimmer's Hero's Network) and Tothian's forum.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 pm

I would not advise anyone to go to Tothian's anything, but mistakes need to be made on your own.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Of course you wouldn't. Smile
I wouldn't expect you to, any more than I would expect Tothian to advise anyone to come here.

I'm just saying, it seems to me that people in both "camps" are interested in helping other people. So if you feel welcome and at home in Tothian's camp, then it would be better to stay there rather than starting drama after drama here.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Dg is right about people having to draw their own conclusions, but people eventually all seem to come to the same conclusions about Tothian.

It happens over and over again and I've been through the "well, I'll make my own judgements" phase myself.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 pm

E0N wrote:
Dg is right about people having to draw their own conclusions, but people eventually all seem to come to the same conclusions about Tothian.

It happens over and over again and I've been through the "well, I'll make my own judgements" phase myself.

Can we have "Drahma-Free" zone here, though, please?

On many professional levels, if our initiative is to be taken seriously, I feel that outright slander etc., despite how much the other person has done is blatantly NOT necessary.

If we had a "Most Wanted" thread where we would post pictures of people who are on our Red Flag list, then perhaps MAYBE a photo of him would be appropriate there (even though I still would not recommend it at this time).

Whatever slander happens, should IMHO stay on a board that is NOT securely visible to public eye (like this one is).

If we are to continue encouraging media attention, the last thing I want is to see the National Enquirer poking around for petty dollars over some past arguments with someone of questionable origin.

Bringing the "Llama" from the past here into the present only soils - and distracts from the purpose of this forum...which was to maintain a clean and ultra-focused atmosphere, away from all the "fun" and "camraderie" that the HN boards had to offer.

Anyways, I hope that I have made some good points on the matter.

Cheers and all the best,

~HS.

Last edited by hiddensparrow on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : took out an unneccessary word. added a necessary one. fixed an unecessary web link. i am tired and should sleep.)
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Tried to access the HN site but I appear to be unable, it's telling me my internet service provider is unable to locate the page.

I operate in Britain, is it possible that's the reason?

I'm sorry, Don't know much about the heroes network but i like this site, I don't want it to be taken down due to lack of activity and I'm left stranded alone while you all get to take the party somewhere else.

Doesn't seem fair...
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Aceboard went down. It's no longer there.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Thank goodness for that! well not really but you know what I mean
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:01 pm

its ok, we can rewrite everything, and avoid drama this time
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2013 9:53 am

Doesnt work for me either
Back to top Go down
MythoDragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Greetings! I'm MythoDragon (a name that may or may not stick... we'll see), a new comer to the RLSH community. I'm a lifelong dogooder who has been actively fighting evil in different forms for pretty much my whole life. I'll get into an actual introduction elsewhere, but I wanted to post a note here, and give a little preface to it.

When I started reading about the RLSH community on different news sites I was so excited to find a place that I figured I would fit in very well at. Sadly this was one of the first threads I read through, and it hasn't exactly inspired me or given me many good thoughts about the RLSH community in general. I don't know who started it, who is really the bad guy, or if anything said is as bad as it is made out to be, but really I don't care who started it. It needs to end now. This thread started as an announcement about the revival of an old forum board (which no longer exists). As such the main point of this thread (i.e. the original topic) is moot. Unfortunately the thread is still stickied so it's the first thing that newbies see when they arrive. It needs to be unstickied before anyone else takes it as important news that they need to read as their preface to the RLSH. Seriously, this thread was my introduction to the RLSH community when they're behind closed doors, as introductions go, it wasn't a pleasant one. I suspect I've caught many of you at your worst and will continue to venture through the rest of the forum hoping to find what I was expecting when I came here.

In the mean time, this thread is not current or relevant and should be unstickied so it's not the first thread people read. It should also be locked as suggest about 6 flamewar pages back to prevent more talking behind people's back. It also provides no information that is beneficial in any way at this point and its more harmful than good. As much as I'm not a fan of censorship, I think this is one thread that's worth deleting.

Unfortunately I've introduced myself to this community on a sad note as my first post is a reaction to what is probably (read: hopefully) the darkest topic in the community, and I hope you'll all get to know me as a friendly, cheerful guy down the road. I just couldn't let this topic stay as it was knowing that others would receive the same introduction as me without at least saying something.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:09 am

Tothian is an idiot bullshit motherfucker. He says a lot of cow and bull about Zimmer. I can't believe he made me believe that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:17 am

Come chat bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:01 am

This doesn't make sense to re-connect with Heroes Network. How does that happen>
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:02 am

This is just like Tothian's network.
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:03 am

Assure me who is running this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Big Announcement
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: