Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Announcement

Go down 
+39
nightmare
MythoDragon
arrowdynamic
Stephen Hannaway
Dark Guardian
Geist
Triumph
Iron Lamb
Equal
DarkShadow
Thre3
!
Rook2
C
Crossfire the Crusader
Silver Sentinel
Havoc
Proteus
adamm[]
hiddensparrow
Jack Shadow
JohnDoe
Gadgetastic!
Anonyman
Leviathan
GalaxyDjinn
E0N (Inactive)
Blue Rattler
patchwork
SkyMan
Polarman
Amazonia
thanatos
Gauge
Instructor
Sleepless
herointraining
Vulpo
Zimmer
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Big Announcement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:13 am

Must we continue to repeat ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:13 am

Must we continue to repeat ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:28 am

I still can't login to HN using my correct password, and can leave messages for the admins.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Dead End wrote:
I definitely want to see the Eon Rad Project archived there.

So do I... I cut and pasted from it maybe three months ago... it took me several hours and wasn't very readable.

Anyway, archiving those posts in some way that makes sense is on my "to do" list.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:07 am

Also understand this about Tothian.. he HATES this forum with a passion. If he can get people to abandon this forum in favor of the Heroes Network, that would make him very happy. Making Tothian happy is like re-enacting scene from Platoon with Charlie Sheen.. Do not re-enact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen!!!
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 am

And be careful of what you write about Tothian on the forum here. If he can stir up trouble so that people actually do then post stuff about him, it could be used against the forum.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 am

Good point, Silver Sentinel. For instance, if I were to say that Tothian ate babies that were dipped in cocaine, that would be libelous, and he could sue the forum and me personally (it would be easy to get the court to subpoena the admins). But I would never say something like that about Tothian or anyone else Smile
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:15 am

I love the RLSH movement and I consider many of you friends (though we haven't really met before). But I have to say that this can be one of the most contentious groups of people.

I think perhaps the movement appeals to a very wide variety of people with different beliefs and....psychological profiles. Diversity is high, tolerance is less high.

Seems to me that there is enough RLSH business to go around. I don't know why folks on one forum would dislike folks on another. Especially in our case since we share a lot of the same folks.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 am

Instructor wrote:

I think perhaps the movement appeals to a very wide variety of people with different beliefs and....psychological profiles. Diversity is high, tolerance is less high.

I could not have said it better, myself.

Instructor wrote:

Seems to me that there is enough RLSH business to go around. I don't know why folks on one forum would dislike folks on another. Especially in our case since we share a lot of the same folks.

...Not to mention the amount of time people are spending talking about him, even though he can see what we write here (you don't need to be logged in to see posts, in case anyone was wondering).

From my understanding, all he wants is to be left alone to do his own thing and do whatever "good deeds" he can to the best of his abilities.

Why we have to keep bringing him up aside from the immediate legalities involved is beyond me. Neutral scratch

Oh well, as my main (male) mentor has once related (and I fully agreed with him on this), "The only thing worse than girl drama, is GUY drama."

Wink

Cheers,

~HS. :>
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I personally have never had a problem with Tothian, although we have often exchanged differing opinions on patrolling, but I don't know him outside the forum. I know he'll read my earlier post, but I have faith he'll know I was joking, and mean him no ill will.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Silver Sentinel wrote:
Also understand this about Tothian.. he HATES this forum with a passion. If he can get people to abandon this forum in favor of the Heroes Network, that would make him very happy. Making Tothian happy is like re-enacting scene from Platoon with Charlie Sheen.. Do not re-enact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen!!!

CANT...STOP...LAUGHING....HAHAHAHAHAHA

(I love those commercials)
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I don't know Tothian and frankly, I just don't care. I am going to keep coming here. If some judge somewhere shuts the site down I will start a new one just like it myself and invite everybody to it.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:15 pm

No one mentioned Tothian until he pulled this stunt. He started this, not anyone here. This is pretty evident when half the people here don't even know who he is.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 pm

While Tothian certainly can make his presence known, he is ultimately forgettable (as are most people) when he is absent from the forum. If we make only relevant comments to the issue of a potential lawsuit, I think we can save much unnecessary aggravation.

Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56 pm

You know that being on this site and talking about him is so one sided Maybe some of us should go over to his Heroes Network site and see what he has to say in his own defence then we can make judgements on how bad or good he really is

The reason I have this point of view is because Ive never met any other RLSH in person and ok so Tothian was a bit of a jerk 2 years ago before he got banned Ive seen people change and this includes people whom years ago I would never thought I would be talking to because they used to be bullies who picked on smaller kids and yet me and theese people are good friends dispite our differences Zimmer Im not saying that you and him will ever become best friends but you never know Maybe its time for both Zimmer and Tothian to finally grow up and put their differences aside because other RLSHs who are friends to both of you are getting tired of being caught in your private little war I was dragged into a dispute between 2 of my neighbours and it almost got me in serious trouble because one of them was saying things to people about stuff that wasnt true and he told the cops that I was a wittness to the other neighbour throwing eggs and rocks at the windows and bothering people all hours of the night The truth is that I never wittnessed that at all Yes there was eggs on the car and rocks around the broken window but for all I know the guy could have done that himself just to place blame on another person whom he didnt like while my other neighbour was tired of having the cops being called to wake him and his children up and I was tired of having to put up with his late night phone calls to go out at minus 40 weather with the 50 km wind just to look for footprints and signs of fresh dog poop around his yard which could have come from any of the other dogs that were running loose

The point is that both Zimmer and Tothian are sounding just like each other Ive been on Tothians site and have yet to see any arguing on there like Ive seen on here and Ive been very welcome on there and Im continuing to use both this site and The Heroes Network as well as the old Network that Zimmer has re activated and Im seeing alot of you guys on that one as well as people from Tothians site and I find useful information on all 3 sites which I really enjoy using Zimmer and others have given warrnings about what information you share with Tothian and Tothian has said the very same thing about Zimmer so Im taking both of them to heart and my advice is that everyone should be very careful about what information you share with anybody at any time Even if its a family member friend or even a team mate
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:08 pm

And in the end, this is why I work alone...
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Tothian just likes to be the center of attention and that is what this boils down to. If people aren't talking about him, he goes and stirs up trouble or something. Frankly, I don't think there is anything that will happen. Take the warnings that Zimmer and everyone has said about him. I've known him for a few years and met him on several occasions, yes, he has done things in the past that have hurt others and has manipulated and controlled others. Can't speak about recently, like the last year or so, no contact with him, but still, just be warned.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:57 pm

This might not belong in this thread, but I seem to recall a mention about security in this thread(?... or at least related to this), and thought I should just post this somewhere:

This is just meant as a heads up to everyone.

While I'm no expert on security, I recently gained some new experience on the matter, when I learned that our webhost at work had been hacked.
This was partially because our webhost was using old software, and partially because our solutions (that mainly I have coded Rolling Eyes ) were vulnerable.

This has required me to start learning a bit about security.

I'm still only beginning to learn about this, but thought I'd use the few skills I've acquired so far to run a small security test on this forum.

What I've found so far, is that therlsh.net is in fact vulnerable. It actually seems to be relatively easy to hack. I haven't been able to extract any information yet, but as I'm just a newbie, I'm fairly sure any experienced hacker could hack this forum and pull out any info he wants.

"So what does that mean?", I hear you ask in your thoughts. It simply means this:
If you're using the same password on this forum as you are on other sites, I recommend that you go ahead and change your password on those other sites.
(That of course is a general recommendation to use different password on each site or service you use, but I know we're all mostly too lazy to keep track of that many different passwords).

I will continue to test for a while, just to see if I can in fact manage to pull out any kind of info, and then post again later. Right now I need to be elsewhere though.
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Summary of all the Hero Networks Out There?   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm new to this movement, and really believe it has a lot of potential.

I am confused, though . . . there seems to be at lease half a dozen (maybe more) sites dedicated to RLSHs (e.g . . .)

- This one
- The Heroes Network at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Isn't there a way to at least account for all these groups in one spot. Maybe a home grown social network site or something.

If not, could you all provide maybe a little info on what all these are if you know of them? Are they all still active? Are any abandoned? Maybe a folder with links and a description to these other areas would be helpful.

On a side note, I really like this forum and the Heroes Network.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Maybe there could be a SuperFaceBook
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Like a facebook only for RLSHs?
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:18 pm

That might be an idea. I mean, there seems to be a social network for everything these days. Why not RLSH?

Take a look at this great one for runners (The Daily Mile). It's kind of like that Super Hero registry.

Here's a sample of an individual page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 am

Alright, I'm done with my security test now. I did not manage to get in and extract any information from this site.

I also did a little testing on Zimmer's HN board and Superman's EA board. None of those appear to have any vulnerabilities.

(This post is by no means a promise that the 3 board aren't hack-able).
Back to top Go down
Rook2

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 am

Tothian goes back almost to the start of the RLSH movement, and he's been causing trouble like this pretty much that far back, too. It's just immaturity and engaging in flame wars with anyone he feels is insulting him, typical internet troll behavior. Ignore him...like other people have said, the site isn't going to get shut down because of one angry internet user. Otherwise there wouldn't be any websites, anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am

I'd like to suggest that this thread, as well as the warning that appears be now removed. It's been up for a while, clearly some time as passed and the site has not been shut down. All this thread and the warning are doing now is providing a place to talk more about Tothian and create more potential problems. Also, the warning and thread only serve to scare people away and give more power to the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Announcement   Big Announcement - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Big Announcement
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: