Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bee sting

Go down 
+30
Dark Guardian
Lunar Veil
SkyMan
RLSHsupporter
toggle
Tommyknocker
cowboyupz
Nintyplayer
Instructor
Polarman
hiddensparrow
the crimson fist
The Reverend
Starman
Gauge
JohnDoe
Red Dragon
Gadgetastic!
Midnite Detective
Proteus
E0N (Inactive)
Zombie
Idea Man
adamm[]
Amazonia
Crossfire the Crusader
Kaiju
Leviathan
Urban Avenger
patchwork
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 2:07 pm

We would need a wealthy benefactor to sponsor it. I suppose we could charge newby hero's tuition but who could pay? Most of us don't have a lot of money. That said, once I retire in a few years if one of you builds a school I would love to come teach Hapkido there.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 2:11 pm

[quote="Leviathan"][quote="Midnite Detective"]
Instructor wrote:
Midnite Detective wrote:
E0N wrote:
Starman wrote:

if it's not loaded it's an awkward club. the moron that would normally get killed because he's too stupid to recognize his own mortality might just pull a knife and test how fast you can shoot. and you can't because it's just an awkward club, not a loaded weapon.

throw drugs, alcoholism, crazy, and women and things get even more crazy stupid dangerous.

I am still wading through the thread but this statement grabbed me. Famed Master Dan Inosanto has proven time and time again that within a range of 21 feet the knife is more dangerous than the gun.

http://www.karateforums.com/knife-vs-gun-the-21-foot-rule-vt40771.html

Yes the 21 foot rule. It's been around for years and thoroughly integrated into training for PD's and others. I've seen a number of police and various combatives training videos and lectures over the years myself.
Based on studies by Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department. The time trials were first published in SWAT magazine in 1983.
http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Tueller/How.Close.htm

Here's an interesting article (part I of II) which takes a closer look at some of the situations and applications of the 'rule', including some damn fine observations and advice.
http://www.policeone.com/edged-weapons/articles/102828-Edged-Weapon-Defense-Is-or-was-the-21-foot-rule-valid-Part-1/

This belongs in a training simulation for up and coming capes. Disarming someone with a knife, machete or bat with nails is far different than a perp with a gun.

My question is, with the recent hero arrests, why isn't there a training facility or school for heroes to go to? Sure, we have Zimmer's oracle page and a patchwork of online libraries, but nothing solid where a guy or gal can suit-up in their full gear and do pick&roll while learning their craft.

Camp Hammond was a fictional place, but it applies here too. BEFORE someone kills a schoolyard full of kids while catching a bad guy!

We do this kind of training once a month. I've "died" a couple of times, but only against people like mr. xtreme who can easily overpower me. not an excuse though. as for a training facility, I've got one word for you: "MONEY".
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 3:11 pm

There is already a fully funded program in place for the training of heroes. It's called the US MILITARY. If you're young enough to get in, I suggest starting there.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 pm

heres a good training tip , buy a cell phone , learn how to dial 911 and use it . other training is good too but that is pinnacle . btw i am very familiar with the 21 ft rule but honestly would rather face a guy with a knife . im armored and trained on how to stop him , not up to catching bullets yet
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 3:46 pm

The Reverend wrote:
im armored and trained on how to stop him , not up to catching bullets yet

well you know what they say, practice makes perfect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 4:40 pm

A secluded camp where young people are recruited and trained to act in a paramilitary manner according to a specific moral code of conduct that some might consider contradictory to the social standard? Seen it before. Didn't end well.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm

[quote="Urban Avenger"][quote="Leviathan"]
Midnite Detective wrote:
Instructor wrote:
Midnite Detective wrote:
E0N wrote:
Starman wrote:

if it's not loaded it's an awkward club. the moron that would normally get killed because he's too stupid to recognize his own mortality might just pull a knife and test how fast you can shoot. and you can't because it's just an awkward club, not a loaded weapon.

throw drugs, alcoholism, crazy, and women and things get even more crazy stupid dangerous.

I am still wading through the thread but this statement grabbed me. Famed Master Dan Inosanto has proven time and time again that within a range of 21 feet the knife is more dangerous than the gun.

http://www.karateforums.com/knife-vs-gun-the-21-foot-rule-vt40771.html

Yes the 21 foot rule. It's been around for years and thoroughly integrated into training for PD's and others. I've seen a number of police and various combatives training videos and lectures over the years myself.
Based on studies by Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department. The time trials were first published in SWAT magazine in 1983.
http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Tueller/How.Close.htm

Here's an interesting article (part I of II) which takes a closer look at some of the situations and applications of the 'rule', including some damn fine observations and advice.
http://www.policeone.com/edged-weapons/articles/102828-Edged-Weapon-Defense-Is-or-was-the-21-foot-rule-valid-Part-1/

This belongs in a training simulation for up and coming capes. Disarming someone with a knife, machete or bat with nails is far different than a perp with a gun.

My question is, with the recent hero arrests, why isn't there a training facility or school for heroes to go to? Sure, we have Zimmer's oracle page and a patchwork of online libraries, but nothing solid where a guy or gal can suit-up in their full gear and do pick&roll while learning their craft.

Camp Hammond was a fictional place, but it applies here too. BEFORE someone kills a schoolyard full of kids while catching a bad guy!

We do this kind of training once a month. I've "died" a couple of times, but only against people like mr. xtreme who can easily overpower me. not an excuse though. as for a training facility, I've got one word for you: "MONEY".

I don't think any of the above is stuff I said. Could be mistaken...
Back to top Go down

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm

LMAO, Wtf?? Who gives a shit if the motorcycle is loud! Holy shit, pardon my french, but this just flores me?!!

A loud motorcycle??? Damn...I feel that Bee Sting should definitely seek some counseling. And get rid of the shotgun....I'm slightly against any weapons of the sort but a shotgun is definitely crossing the line in my opinion.

Whew.....A ******* motorcycle???! I dunno if I should cry, laugh, yell, or just sit in a dark corner and rock back and forth.

Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 11:53 pm

It would be nice if there was some kind of mental health / rehab type facility for people who commit crimes in misguided attempts to do something positive.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 12:26 am

Gauge wrote:
There is already a fully funded program in place for the training of heroes. It's called the US MILITARY. If you're young enough to get in, I suggest starting there.

Except Beesting got his training from there and he had his shotgun yanked from him by a
guy on a bike.

Again, guns plus capes equals bad. Don't get me wrong. I like and respect the gun. Let's face it though, better prep and training could have kept Bee out of legal hot water.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 1:08 am

Leviathan wrote:
Let's face it though, better prep and training could have kept Bee out of legal hot water.

I'd actually put a fair amount of common sense above prep and training in this particular case... *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 am

Proteus wrote:
Leviathan wrote:
Let's face it though, better prep and training could have kept Bee out of legal hot water.

I'd actually put a fair amount of common sense above prep and training in this particular case... *shrugs*

Doesn't that kind of fall under the same category in this case?
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 2:54 am

AS for the comment on disarming someone with a knife...I've suggested this before and those who have tried it ALL messaged me about how much they learned and the respect they have for the weapon AFTER trying it.

Buy a jumbo sized sharpie marker.

Wear a white tee shirt while trainin.

One of you takes the sharpie an duses it as a knife...the other tries to disarm the opponent without getting "cut."

Its not as easy as the movies make it sound.

THEN try the same drill with a water pistol and see if you can get the gun away before you get squirted.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 3:17 am

Leviathan wrote:
Proteus wrote:
Leviathan wrote:

Doesn't that kind of fall under the same category in this case?

I wish it did.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 am

Crossfire the Crusader wrote:
AS for the comment on disarming someone with a knife...I've suggested this before and those who have tried it ALL messaged me about how much they learned and the respect they have for the weapon AFTER trying it.

Buy a jumbo sized sharpie marker.

Wear a white tee shirt while trainin.

One of you takes the sharpie an duses it as a knife...the other tries to disarm the opponent without getting "cut."

Its not as easy as the movies make it sound.

THEN try the same drill with a water pistol and see if you can get the gun away before you get squirted.

Good idea. Although you do have to be careful when practicing with guns. You can break someone's finger while disarming them.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am

@Crossfire: Excellent idea with the sharpie. It's like in some fencing matches where red ink is placed on the divot of the foil to mark a kill. Except you have a harder time cleaning sharpie ink out of a shirt.

@IdeaMan: All the more reason to practice. If you can disarm someone and not break their finger in the process, all the better.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm

In a real disarm, I might WANT to break a finger.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Idea Man wrote:
Although you do have to be careful when practicing with guns. You can break someone's finger while disarming them.

You can remove the squirt gun's finger guard for safety or purchase one without a finger guard. Seems simple, but SOMEONE would have broken a finger. Good call, Idea Man.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Crossfire the Crusader wrote:
In a real disarm, I might WANT to break a finger.

yes, but not for training. when we train with a gun, we use one without a trigger guard.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

You can also just not put your finger inside the trigger guard.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 3:27 pm

E0N wrote:
You can also just not put your finger inside the trigger guard.

Unless the goal is to try to squirt the other person before they can disarm you.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 11, 2012 3:31 pm

That gun we use without the trigger guard is a spring loaded bb gun. The goal is to not get shot. I've gotten some pretty nasty welts a few times.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun May 13, 2012 11:44 pm

204 wrote:
LMAO, Wtf?? Who gives a shit if the motorcycle is loud! Holy shit, pardon my french, but this just flores me?!!

A loud motorcycle??? Damn...I feel that Bee Sting should definitely seek some counseling. And get rid of the shotgun....I'm slightly against any weapons of the sort but a shotgun is definitely crossing the line in my opinion.

Whew.....A ******* motorcycle???! I dunno if I should cry, laugh, yell, or just sit in a dark corner and rock back and forth.

Ha, nice.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Im glad that I ride an electric bike No noise at all no gas no exaust fumes no license or insurance on it Just a battery operated bike that recharges at night
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I can't even ride a bike. I just walk everywhere unless someone can give me a ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bee sting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

bee sting
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: RLSH News-
Jump to: