Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bee sting

Go down 
+30
Dark Guardian
Lunar Veil
SkyMan
RLSHsupporter
toggle
Tommyknocker
cowboyupz
Nintyplayer
Instructor
Polarman
hiddensparrow
the crimson fist
The Reverend
Starman
Gauge
JohnDoe
Red Dragon
Gadgetastic!
Midnite Detective
Proteus
E0N (Inactive)
Zombie
Idea Man
adamm[]
Amazonia
Crossfire the Crusader
Kaiju
Leviathan
Urban Avenger
patchwork
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:53 pm

patchwork wrote:
working on it, good idea btw idea man

Very Happy Idea
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 pm

An interesting point of note is that additional charges were filed as a direct result of wearing body armor. This is something I see many RLSH not keeping in mind. While certainly if you intend to actively face off against gun wielding types, a vest is a good idea, you should be aware that even a minor charge such as trespassing, vandalism, etc becomes a felony if you are wearing a vest in most states.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:34 am

I'd rather risk the extra charges than be without it and in a situation where I need it...
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 am

This story

It made it to the front page of "News" on reddit...
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
I can't imagine some trailer trash joining the army. Ever.

And eon is an inetergalactic ninja. I saw his license.

I didn't say Beesting was trailer trash, I said I couldn't imagine trailer trash (guy on motorcycle) getting the shotgun away from (not trailer trash) Beesting, a trained Iraqi war Army veteran. I'd so like to get Beestings' side of this when he gets out. There's more than the police report and the park owner and the shitbag on the bike is letting on. Two of the reports have been contradicted by the ones who released their own version of the facts (owner and bike guy)
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Leviathan wrote:
Urban Avenger wrote:
I can't imagine some trailer trash joining the army. Ever.

And eon is an inetergalactic ninja. I saw his license.

I didn't say Beesting was trailer trash, I said I couldn't imagine trailer trash (guy on motorcycle) getting the shotgun away from (not trailer trash) Beesting, a trained Iraqi war Army veteran. I'd so like to get Beestings' side of this when he gets out. There's more than the police report and the park owner and the shitbag on the bike is letting on. Two of the reports have been contradicted by the ones who released their own version of the facts (owner and bike guy)

I know. What I'm trying to say is you could easily be surprised how lame "army training" can be and how badassly badass a "trailer trash" guy could just randomly turn out to be one day.

I'm a veteran of five deployments (one super long, most of the others kinda short) -- none of it involved Ninjitsu classes or even ever touching a shotgun, specifically. For the most part I went around in a car trying to avoid getting noticed and suddenly murdered.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 pm

The dude has kids and his out doing stupid-ass (pardon my french) shit like THIS?!
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Leviathan wrote:
I said I couldn't imagine trailer trash (guy on motorcycle) getting the shotgun away from (not trailer trash) Beesting, a trained Iraqi war Army veteran.

He didn't actually get the shotgun away from Bee Sting from the sound of it. Bee Sting got too close and the guy grabbed it. Struggle ensued, shotgun went off. Empty Trailer suffered injuries. Sounds more like tug-of-war with a loaded weapon.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:00 pm

It is unwise to make assumptions about the biker. How do we know he isn't a former Navy SEAL, a trained martial artist, or some other highly skilled person? And trailer trash??? Really people, do you call the homeless folks you help "street trash". If there had been a history of complaints against the biker, I could see approaching him, but still not with a shotgun. Even if he never drew it, the fact that it's there creates undue tension. The biker isn't the one who screwed up.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:14 pm

You sir, are correct gauge.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 am

It looks like the donation page has only made about 10% of what is needed.

Is there any news on the possibility of a PO Box or something to send things to the family?
Back to top Go down
Starman

Starman

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 10:17 am

If you're carrying a gun, how about you don't load it? It gives the impression it's loaded, so there's still the obvious intimidation of a gun pointed at you, but without the mortal danger?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 10:50 am

Pointing an unloaded gun will get you the same amount of jail time as pointing a loaded one. And what if the other guy had a gun? Patrolling is not, and never should be, about intimidating people. It's about effective de-escalation of potentially violent encounters. In this instance, there really was very low probability of violence until Bee Sting approached this person. The much better action would've been to call police and file a complaint, but really even then, if he's riding a legal motorcycle, then a noise complaint wouldn't apply unless he was revving it specifically to be a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

Starman wrote:
If you're carrying a gun, how about you don't load it? It gives the impression it's loaded, so there's still the obvious intimidation of a gun pointed at you, but without the mortal danger?

This is Hollywood type stuff. The only thing someone should ever try to do with a gun, except practice shooting, is kill someone. If you don't feel like it's justified to kill someone -- don't use the gun.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Rule number 1 in gun handling: never EVER point a gun at another living thing unless you intend to destroy it.

That pretty much negates the concept of carrying without ammo. Especially if the other guy has a loaded one.

Carrying a firearm most times is an invitation for escalation. What that means is it's far too easy to pull out your gun and start making demands rather than try to reason. This is what appears to have been the issue with Bee Sting.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I like Bee Sting , I hope this whole thing is bad media .
My teammate Hazmat in his own words " I carry a gun always , I'm mowing my yard I'm packing . I do not carry a gun on patrol . I don't wanna be the first rlsh to kill someone . "
My main weapon is a cell phone , I can use it to call in a well trained , armed police force . The police
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Eventually I'm going to get around to having one -- gotta be an actual resident of where I live to even really think about it realistically.

I've never felt like the superhero thing changes the equation much as far as guns are concerned.

Openly carrying them, maybe. (Concealed doesn't have an escalation risk unless you whip it out without a good reason)

Bee Sting doesn't seem like a mean guy or a bad person. I do hope this works out for him.
Back to top Go down
Starman

Starman

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for the replies, that was just a thought that occured to me.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

E0N, if you plan on staying in CA, open carry is illegal now. CCW or nothing.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah... that caught me by surprise, but I never planned on open carrying, anyway.

It's a little depressing, though.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Oh, by "open carrying, maybe" I meant "open carrying a weapon maybe risks escalating situations you encounter."
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 7:33 pm

I just did a criminal background check on Bee Sting, and on the alleged victim, Tom Carter. I found no criminal record for Bee Sting, but a felony assault charge on one Thomas Lee Carter, for felonious assault with a dangerous weapon, on New Years Eve of 2006. There is one other Thomas Carter of the same age in Michigan, but he lives too far from the trailer park to be the victim. The assault charge could be as simple as a bar fight, and he has no other violent record since then. Make of it what you will.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 pm

That is interesting. It wouldn't surprise me at all if after being approached by Bee Sting Mr. Carter first reacted incredulously, most likely thought it was a joke, and then became aggressive when Bee Sting pushed the point.

In fact I'd be willing to bet that that's exactly what happened. However, I still feel the shotgun should never have been there.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:03 am

And people freak the hell out when something happens involving Phoenix Jones... From what I've read so far it sounds like Bee Sting actually fired said shotgun. FIRED IT! The man confronted another with a shotgun in tow and a discharge of the weapon took place. Geez. Not to mention Bee Sting was wearing body armor at the time. This really doesn't look good for him and his family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bee sting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bee sting   bee sting - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

bee sting
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: RLSH News-
Jump to: