Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan

Go down 
+12
Midnite Detective
Zimmer
Flora V. Arbor
Jack Shadow
Leviathan
Equal
Ohm
Max
Krystalline
Urban Avenger
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Sleepless

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Quote :
An individual's response to a particular type of
training is not a policy-maker.

It's like saying,
"Hey, this ballerina is fine on point.
Why aren't you?"

Sleepless, I like this training, though!

Putting weights on the arm works the deltoid.
The deltoid is a small muscle - not really good for responding to weights.

What extends the arm for punching is the tricep.
The tricep does not respond to the wrist-weights + gravity.

I have more to share but am doing it in bits
while I watch the winds blow the rain.

Push ups are better for punches.

Did Bruce Lee puts wrist weights on?
No.

Did Bruce Lee do hella pushups?
Yes.

I wasn't the only one who was going through the training that saw results, it was a training gym for competitive boxing, my coach had maybe 15 or so guys doing the same thing I was.

And Bruce Lee also did it as a profession giving him a lot more time, most of us have to work out when we can. Besides there are people in far better shape now a days because they do simular work outs to bruce lee but with the addition of weights.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 pm

I wasn't the only one who was going through the training that saw results, it was a training gym for competitive boxing, my coach had maybe 15 or so guys doing the same thing I was.

STILL, 15 BALLERINAS DOES NOT MAKE POLICY FOR GENERAL PUBLIC

And Bruce Lee also did it as a profession giving him a lot more time, most of us have to work out when we can. Besides there are people in far better shape now a days because they do simular work outs to bruce lee but with the addition of weights.

YES YES

THAT IS HOW I ENDED UP BEING A LANDSCAPER.
LANDSCAPING IS A GOOD WAY TO TRAIN
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:31 am

I had to push back my work out until Monday because the pool was closed and I couldn't get my laps in. My work out starts tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:12 pm

you can walk and do pushups today
Wink

or invisible jumprope and pushups
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Okay... I'll skip the hand weights from now on. What has happened a few times is the rooms with punching bags in them have been commandeered by groups doing other things.

I guess I'll go with shadow boxing when that happens.

And I'll switch to every other day for striking practice again as you advise.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Hun Hao
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 am

I started my work out yesterday. The pool is closed for a bit because of a Freon leak, so I cardio-bunnied it up then did weights.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 am

Congratulations, Krystalline. Stick with it! Smile And I look forward to hearing about anything you learn from it.
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:21 pm

this sounds like a really good program. i think it will definetly kill me at first, but that is what you want. there is no way that doing this program won't improve your overall fitness...unless you really hurt yourself of course...
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 pm

It does kill you at first. It's very hard to stick to this.

I haven't done well with the smoking, but I'm working with smoking cessation folks and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Krystalline wrote:
I started my work out yesterday. The pool is closed for a bit because of a Freon leak, so I cardio-bunnied it up then did weights.

YAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Super-Nova wrote:
this sounds like a really good program. i think it will definetly kill me at first, but that is what you want. there is no way that doing this program won't improve your overall fitness...unless you really hurt yourself of course...

Really, I like to ease people into the workout.

Three weeks -easy- does the trick.

Then, IT'S HAMMER TIME!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 am

Last edited by Super-Nova on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 am

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
Super-Nova wrote:

Really, I like to ease people into the workout.

Three weeks -easy- does the trick.

Then, IT'S HAMMER TIME!!!!!!!!

yeah actually that works too i would say especially for those who really have not worked out in the past or for a long time. basically i was saying your gonna wanna "feel the burn" so if you are tired because of the workout chances are you did it right.

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Fell off of this pretty terribly -- renewing my commitment to it, with a few changes here and there.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 am

" u got to moveitmoveit, u got to moveitmoveit, you got to moveitmoveit

you got to MOVEIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34z5DGZMf_s

ANTHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 8:06 am

No BEER?!?!?! Blasphemy!

super sets of 160? are you joking? how many excercises are you doing

I do bench press, shoulder press, pullups, deadlifts and squats pretty much no rest at 140lbs except for shoulder pressing at 80lbs and i do 10-15 of each for about 40-60 reps. and to be honest i had to take a few 10 second rests Sad
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 pm

I just got done doing a program designed by a personal trainer, actually. Sort of in-between stuff at the moment, besides army workouts.

The super-sets thing works like do six of one kind of pushup, then immediately six of another kind (or whatever number for that stage), then move on to whatever's next. It's something I've consistently returned to over the past 6 years or so.

I guess it may add up to 160 on some week -- even at the beginning I end up unable to continue without modifying the exercises toward the end of it.

This version had about 26 different versions of pushups, counting ones you mirror left side and right side. But I have a list of maybe around 100 total variations... some of them apparently bad for you.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:28 pm

160 pushups in a row? i see.

i dont know names of pushups but if you think of a 6 block grid where your head would be in the topmost center square, i do pushups placing my arms in pretty much all the squares cept for bottom middle, i do flat palms and knuckle palms.

dont know if u listed them but lookup muyai thai pushups. google those things, the guy pushes himself up and jumps up at the same time while touching his toes and then fallls back to pushup position.. insane

and google superman pushups, i can do .3 of them lol!

i will google up all them later and try em out.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am

Not so much in a row -- between each set of two types of pushups is a quick recovery period.

Superman pushups are rough, yeah.

Plyometric pushups is on my mental list, but I don't think I could even do that jumping toe touch you described.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5