Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan

Go down 
+12
Midnite Detective
Zimmer
Flora V. Arbor
Jack Shadow
Leviathan
Equal
Ohm
Max
Krystalline
Urban Avenger
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:33 pm

is that easier to read?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 am

Yes. I'm still trying to figure out what I will and won't be doing based on all that feedback.

Why lower body exercises first?

For protein you mean like 1-2 grams per pound of body weight... right?

Leg spreaders are just what they sound like... lay down like for flutter kicks, but instead of up and down you move your legs together and apart.

That's a lot of NOs on abdomenal/lower body exercises...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 pm

E0N wrote:
Yes. I'm still trying to figure out what I will and won't be doing based on all that feedback.

Why lower body exercises first?

LARGER MUSCLES EXHAUST THE BODY TOO MUCH.
BEST TO START WITH THEM AND DO UPPER BODY ( SMALLER MUSCLES )
WHEN YOU ARE MORE TIRED.
GIVE THE LEGS THE BEST THAT YOU CAN GIVE THEM AND YOU'LL STILL HAVE ENOUGH
FOR THE UPPER BODY

For protein you mean like 1-2 grams per pound of body weight... right?

ONLY FOR LEAN BODY WEIGHT.

YOU LOOK LIKE YOU NEED ABOUT 25 PER MEAL

Leg spreaders are just what they sound like... lay down like for flutter kicks, but instead of up and down you move your legs together and apart.

WHAT MUSCLES DO YOU THINK YO ARE WORKING WITH THAT?

That's a lot of NOs on abdomenal/lower body exercises...

YAH A LOT OF THINGS DO NOT WORK THE ABS BUT THEY DO WORKTHE SMALLER MUSCLES THAT ATTACH TO THE LOWER BACK
WAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH .

ALSO, MOST SPINAL DISCS HERNIATE BACKWARDS FROM ACCUMULATED DAMAGE.

SO, NO CURLING UP IN A BALL IS WORTH IT.

ODDLY ENOUGH, YOU WILL DEBATE ME WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE ME.
NO ONE DEBATES ME ONCE THEY SEE MY ABS.

I COULD TELL PEOPLE TO RUB COFFEE ON THEIR EARS AND THEY WOULD DO IT AFTER
SEEING MY ABS
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:53 pm

SEE COMMENTS IN CAPS WITHIN THE QUOTE TOO, PLEASE
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm

That's actually less than the 30-60 grams the "formula" would work out to, but you're judging my weight from a few tiny photographs. :p

I'm not debating you. I'll try to incorporate all or most of your advice, except for the stuff that would lead to taking a super longer time to be especially safe -- this is supposed to be a kind of "boot camp" type thing.

I imagine leg spreaders mostly work out the hip flexors. They create a burn in the upper leg and buttocks when you do a bunch of them. I usually try to include a lot of different things -- it's not an extremely scientific approach other than "variety"...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 pm

If you eat too much protien, you cannot use it or store it.
The kidneys are, then, forced to remove it
and it isn't easy for the kidneys.

You'll end up causing a problem rather than making your self better.

Debate is fine! I honor debating with you!!

What is funny is how much my abs shut peeps down!
Wink

hips flexors do not need a lot of work because they are not that big.

You can work buttocks with a resistaband and rear kicks or rear hook kicks to the heavy bag quite nicely.

For abs, do the "bicycle" movement but do not touch your elbow to your knee and keep your chin up the whole time.

Do one minute on and one minute off ten times an dtry not to cry

Wink

Work quads on a machine if at all possible.
they are VERY strong, need a lot of work and
are crucial to holding your knees together for a lifetime
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Finally starting this up today... and looking for some hand wraps on my way home. Smile
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I was just thinking about this today.

I was thinking that the clapping push ups are ACES!

Last edited by Flora V. Arbor on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:19 pm

I can do those. The rest of the XJL is jealous. They're jealous of my handstand pushups too.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 pm

They need to cry until they do them.

Them are AWESOME !!!

YAY!! UA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:46 am

Eon, your exercise plan is extremely well planned. My concern is that with it's complexity and strictness, it would be difficult to follow regularly with any kind of a demanding schedule.

I have a workout plan for getting back in shape now that my strength is zip compared to where it was, though it is somewhat less ambitious than yours. It consists of 30 reps of 10 different exercises, with 300 total exercises. It can be done with no weights or equipment.

It's heavily based on this guy and his amazing video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJtdZOBvc4

I modified his as it had very little ab workouts for a workout to get a six pack.

Top form for me is being able to do all 10 exercises, with only 2 minutes rest between each set of 30 reps.

The exercises are:

Maltese Pushups

Plyometric/Explosive Pushups

Diamond Pushups/Wide Stance Pushups

Incline Pushups

Dips

Split Jumps

Prison Squats

Burpees

Crunches

Boxer sit-ups
(Punch left and right in quick motions as you go up)

Oblique sit-ups

Calf Raises
(requires stairs)

And that's 12 exercises so you can pick and choose which of them you want for your 10. Or be cooler than me and do all 12 plus some.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:54 am

I must say no to burpees.
Most spinal discs herniate back wards from accumulated damage.

I love his form on the split jumps and the explosive push ups.

Chin up on the abs stuff...again with the spinal discs being
good when you are old
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:54 am

You can do calf raises without the stairs no problem.

Do single leg calf raises and switch
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:15 am

I get to start this in about a week after talking to my chiropractor about it. Swimming for an hour a day instead of the running, and weights on MWF. I can't wait for HvZ after this, it'll give me a leg up this year.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 am

Zimmer, that guy's way of doing staggered pushups just blew my mind. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do them like that (vs. all reps for one side, then the other).

Never heard of "boxer situps," either -- that's a good one.

Based on yesterday being the shortest and easiest day of my thing... I need to plan way better for meals.

I didn't feel like the workout was very rigid, though. I basically just remembered how many sets I was doing and tried not to repeat anything, although I did a few times when I mentally drew a blank. The exercises are supposed to be a "select from these" type list.

Last edited by E0N on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am

Krystalline wrote:
I get to start this in about a week after talking to my chiropractor about it. Swimming for an hour a day instead of the running, and weights on MWF. I can't wait for HvZ after this, it'll give me a leg up this year.

Awesome. Swimming is probably better for you, anyway. Running is just way more convenient for me.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

E0N wrote:
Krystalline wrote:

Awesome. Swimming is probably better for you, anyway. Running is just way more convenient for me.

It is, and what was advised by pretty much everyone I spoke to.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:37 pm

swimming is good but - really - does nothing for bone density.

Female swimmers have some of the worst bone density around.

Take your calcium morning AND night, weights will help
and stamp your feet and clap your hands sometimes.

Studies with astronaughts ( they loose the most bone when they are in space )
show that bones need percussion.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 pm

EON, let's go over your food
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Well... if I can remember everything, yesterday I had:

- Fish
- Rice with gravy and a bunch of garbonzo beans thrown on top
- Cottage cheese (3 or so servings? with chow mein noodles and bacon bits mixed in)
- Carrot and raisin salad
- Vegetable beef soup with a bunch of crackers and butter thrown into it
- Milk
- three hardboiled eggs
- multiple servings of spaghetti, but a strange one made with hot dogs, japanese noodles, and a lot of cheese, green peppers, and jalapenos
- two pieces of pizza left over from the day before with lots of extra cheese
- a bowl of ramen
- a serving of leftover chicken breast (curried)
- five or so plain tortillas that I woke up in the middle of the night and ate voraciously
- a bunch of water
- some coffee

Yesterday was not really something I planned well... also it's not exactly representative, because I've been eating a lot of ground beef (with flower and eggs and seasonings) and pork chops lately because they're pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Oh... and supplements -- Krill oil, Mucuna pruriens, Aniracetam + Choline, Acai and Green Tea Oil, DHEA, Fish Oil, a multi-vitamin... maybe a few others.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

You mix flour with your ground beef?
interesting.

Please, may I bother you to put times with these entries?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 pm

other than the multi-vitamin, what is your goal in taking the other supplements?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:11 pm

They're all basically intended to increase intelligence in some way.

Flour or corn meal. It's like meat loaf, except technically the recipe I base it off of is supposed to produce Salisbury Steak.

I'll try again with that food thing:

YESTERDAY
- three hardboiled eggs
- coffee

- a bowl of ramen

- Fish
- Rice with gravy and a bunch of garbonzo beans thrown on top
- Cottage cheese (3 or so servings? with chow mein noodles and bacon bits mixed in)
- Carrot and raisin salad
- Cabbage
- Vegetable beef soup with a bunch of crackers and butter thrown into it
- Milk
- Coffee

- two pieces of pizza left over from the day before with lots of extra cheese
- a serving of leftover chicken breast (curried)

- multiple servings of spaghetti, but a strange one made with hot dogs, japanese noodles, and a lot of cheese, green peppers, and jalapenos

- five or so plain tortillas that I woke up in the middle of the night and ate voraciously

TODAY
- Chili and two pieces of bread with lots of butter

- carrot cake
- Powerade

- Fish, brussel sprouts, rice with gravy and garbonzo beans
- Macaroni + egg salad with cheese all over it
- garlic bread
- milk
- orange juice
- vitamin water

- To be continued (Razz)

Also lots of water and some coffee basically throughout each day...
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Zimmer wrote:
I have a workout plan for getting back in shape now that my strength is zip compared to where it was, though it is somewhat less ambitious than yours. It consists of 30 reps of 10 different exercises, with 300 total exercises. It can be done with no weights or equipment.

Oh... also, your plan seems very solid to me, assuming it will involve a progression as you move along with it, which I imagine you intend to do. I think you were in better shape than I've ever really been before (like when they filmed you), but you do have to be realistic about getting back to that, obviously... particularly with injuries. IMO there's no such thing as training through them, despite what people say.

Where I'm coming into this is having been working out about 3-4 times a week already, just not in the most disciplined way lately. My mentally lazy workout is basically "pushups, situps, run." And this is also kind of an evolution of previous workout plans that I swiped from different places. The only totally new thing for me is the striking drills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan   Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Help me tweak/beta test a workout plan
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next