Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".

Go down 
+10
Jack Shadow
Vulpo
The Reverend
Urban Avenger
E0N (Inactive)
Zimmer
Gauge
Hazmat
Equal
JohnDoe
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:19 pm

in english please?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Myostatin inhibitors are what they gave those super mice to give them big muscles.

Taking creatine supplements while weightlifting seems to lower myostatin levels in your body.

Blocking use of myostatin that exists or reducing the actual amount that exists so you process less are two different things, but should have at least somewhat similar results. The study shows that they do, although not to equivalent degrees.

Obviously the use of creatine doesn't produce as dramatic ones, though... there are no creatine-enhanced "super mice" out there.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Creatine is one of the supplements I take right after working out.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:07 pm

How long have you been doing it and do you notice an appreciable difference?
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:16 pm

I've only been taking it for a month or so, so it's still a little early to tell if I'm packing on significant muscle, and I'm built like a gorilla anyway. My body responds really well to weight training/bodybuilding type exercise programs (which is what I've been doing for the last couple of months).
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Took four doses a day when I was bulking. Started using it the forth week, got better appetite. Felt stronger as well, but all of that could also be the that the body had adjusted to the energy intake and training.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Jesus...I only take the one scoop after my workout.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:51 pm

I just use the recommended dosage on the box.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Hmmmm. Were you taking the powder or the pills?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Dogman wrote:
... but all of that could also be the that the body had adjusted to the energy intake and training.

Probably all that "lowers myostatin levels" stuff above would be enough to invoke the placebo effect, at least.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:58 pm

I dont take supplements while befor or after working out Ill eat a big meal then go work it off with some parkour and a game of tag at the playgrounds
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Powder.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:25 pm

My point is that you should measure your success by:

The number of people you help

The degree to which you help others

The standards of your ethics

Not by anything else.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Everyone: The discussion on supplement and your resources on parkour are all very helpful, thank you. Ideally, I do plan to bulk up (muscle wise) but only as long as it doesn't interfere with my overall agility when I'm out in the field.

Zimmer: I understand what you're saying. I wouldn't be doing this if my optimal goal wasn't helping people.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 pm

JohnDoe wrote:
Everyone: The discussion on supplement and your resources on parkour are all very helpful, thank you. Ideally, I do plan to bulk up (muscle wise) but only as long as it doesn't interfere with my overall agility when I'm out in the field.

sweet. buy this book, it is a bible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

basically, "how to be like bruce lee"

I dunno about you but I'd like to do wide push ups with my thumbs and still be below my ideal weight Smile
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:21 am

As for the bulking, the bigger you are, more effort it takes to stay in shape it seems. I'm considering to get rid of some weight.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 am

That's true. Bodybuilders have to eat a shitload of calories just to maintain their muscle mass. Personally, I consume about 200 grams of protein per day (this consisting mostly of Gold Standard Whey protein powder).
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Actually Im glad Im not a big person I enjoy being able to go through small spaces and its a good thing too as Ive had to rescue animals and children when they become trapped under buildings
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Put on some necessary gear and help someone. Once you've changed the world for the better, BINGO, you're it.

Ideally, much training is preferred...
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:43 am

Gear is how I aim to get my "superpowers" and the training is how I'll learn to use them.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Training is how you get your "superpowers"
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Cool?
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:37 pm

I still politely contend that the effort and the help are what's the make or break. Training and gear are ongoing improvement and there is no other single benchmark to say, "I've made it."
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 pm

If one intends to patrol for crime, training and education is your best bet of being as safe and effective as possible. Without it, all your help may get you or another killed.

If you only intend to do handouts, then tons of gear and years of training are an excuse to not go.

I don't doubt anyone's desire to help if crime patrols are the area they choose, and I salute their courage. But courage without wisdom is foolhardiness. Training is necessary for crime fighters. Wanting to help is not enough.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:50 pm

If I see this correctly, I think Geist and I are on the same page. Helping people is the essential thing, and you don't need training and gear for that. I was specifically speaking of crimefighters as those who must train.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".   Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH". - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Question On Estimated Progress For Becoming A "RLSH".
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next