Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Nunchuku Training Session Video

Go down 
+5
Urban Avenger
nightmare
The Flame
Gauge
titanag
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 am

Hard to see a bit but the combatives I did were hammer fists and elbows to the face, a variety of other elbows to different regions, gut punches, kicks to the groin, a baseball bat escape followed by a stomp to the face at the end there, a wide punch defense involving jacknifing an opponet across my knee and rapidly striking his stomach and solar plexus; can't remember if I did a stomp to the face after that one; there isn't any real need too; smash down on someones solar plexus over aqnd over and they aren't just going to bounce right back up unless they're high out of their mind on drugs; in all likelyhood they'd be gasping for air in the gaping fish expression and could possible have internal damage to his organs. So....you really don't need to finish with a stomp to the face in that situation lol. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 am

Oh and a headlock escape; another case where I smashed in his solar plexus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:41 am

I like that move; I HAVE used it in real life and it is effective. Gaping fish expression and all; except for the internal damage to his organs, fortunately he didn't have to get hospitalized but it ended the fight.
Oh and I used it when I was thirteen; like I said Krav Maga is the way to go because it works for all people of different ages and sizes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:44 am

I haven't hurt anyone in two years and I don't wish to end that streak.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:54 am

no offence but the way you struck your foot on the ground just reminds me of how i kill a cockroach in my house XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:13 am

None taken; it's how I prefer to finish a fight. Three steps; counter, take down, stomp. Some situations are unique and I may not be able to do it simultaneously (that's the hope; quicker that way) but I'll be trying to do those steps during the fight; never a sure thing that it'll work on the first attempt; lot of variables. The stomp to the face though will be a potent reminder if nothing else that I am not going to play by their rules and they are going to get hurt if they continue their assault(s) and a good visual reminder for any of his buddies who are watching. Hopefully theres a big strong guy and the biggest strongest guy comes after me first; the rest may run away after I put him on the pavement and stomp his face, seeing as if I'm able to deal with that big and strong a guy that quickly I'll have no problem with them who aren't nearly as big or strong. Krav Maga has very very little to do with strength and speed or size. Best thing about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:18 am

Though at six foot and nearly 200 pounds, I don't look like that much of a victim; I don't look like I'd be a target for a criminal as criminals typically go after people they think they are weaker than them. No guarentee that my appearance will ward of a potential assault but it doesn't hurt anything haha. First step in protecting yourself is don't act like a victim. Walk upright, don't slouch, don't mumble your words, and match the tone and speed of whoever you're talking to. There's a bunch of little things you can do to indirectly protect yourself but too many to go into here; those are the basic ones though. Speak clearly and don't slouch; it can work wonders. I used to do the opposite of both and it takes a long time to build new habits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:15 am

[Didn't know how to post videos before.]
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:04 am

I do really want to try out nunchuck some time. I really like spinning long and short sticks. I also am pretty good with my 3 sets of butterfly knifes. Basically the same thing right? xD As for unarmed fighting, the only things I can recommend is to try to never look away from your opponent and try doing punches from a longer distance. You seem very up close and personal with that punching bag, except when you're spinning around throwing elbows. xD jk
In boxing I get a lot of comments on long and wide arms but small fists, I can catch a lot of people with those jabby jabs.
P.S. Once again I'm trying to write at 2:00 AM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:30 am

3:17AM here. I like being close because they can't hurt me too badly at short range, they can gather more momentum for an attack if they have some room. While closing the distance one arm guards my head while the other strikes his gut. There were a lot of blocks in there too but hard to see. I have a bad habit of training for multiple attackers, I was visualizing two other guys; both were 'finished' with a stomp to the head. I hope I can find some volunteers for videos haha, no one seems to want to for some reason, it's not like I'm actually gonna try to hurt them lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:37 am

When ducked was the start of the baseball bat defense, using the bat for leverage to throw to ground and stomp to face
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Balisong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:03 am

Another name for a butterfly knife; versatile metal folding knives designed to be quickly opened and closed using one hand. You can also do tricks with them. I used to have one but I sold it.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:52 am

that originated from batangas, philippines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:58 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 am

Hero-Man: I have debated over whether to post anything here, but felt it necessary after you posted in a different thread that you felt skilled enough with your nunchaku to use them in combat.

In the 8:40 length of the video demonstration, you drop the weapon 9 times.  That is once every 57.7 seconds, and you were not working them at full speed.  In real combat, you would be under much higher stress than shooting a video, and that much more prone to dropping them or hitting yourself, or perhaps having them used against you.

Practice.  A lot.  You are not ready to use this weapon for combat in the way it was designed.  I expect a firestorm of defensiveness and justifications, but I am really not trying to criticize your enthusiasm.  It is important to have a realistic understanding of your actual skill set if you choose to patrol.  Nunchaku are not on your list currently, and you could end up accidentally hurting yourself or someone else.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:34 pm

In relation to nunchaku, I don't know how to use them but I can use that awesome bullwhip that Rook made me. Urban, do you still train with yours as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Nunchuks wouldn't be my first choice in weaponry in a real fight. If I had to use them in a real fight I'd stick to the basics and ditch the tricks and stunts. Most real fights aren't longer than sixty seconds. Just one of those strikes would knock an opponent senseless, I wouldn't have to do the perpetual motion thing.

Tricks and stunts will be of no use in a real fight, I practice that way though to build self discipline and strengthen my awareness of how the weapon behaves and it's positions in space. I didn't get hit once. Thanks for counting how many times I dropped it; 9 times that I could have taken an attacker out of the fight with a swift kick to the face as he bends over to pick them up with the bright idea that he may be able to use them on me. 
Thanks for the feedback, I'm always practicing and I can always get better.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:13 pm

That just reminds me of somebody who uses nunchucks then suddenly he accidentally hit his balls XD
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Does my skill is already sharpened up?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Your elbows keep coming out during your striking drills. You shouldn't let those come out from your body, until you're ready to use them.

Akban wiki has videos of all kinds of striking and grappling from a variety of martial arts, including Muay Thai, Judo, Taijutsu, and Boxing. They also have weapon videos and pictures - the videos are mainly focused on the basics of how to use the manrikigusari and the hanbo staff, while there are pictures of different kamae involving a knife, though a knife could be considered an illegal weapon when you're fighting crime, especially in some areas, - and articles that explain the applications of what they teach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:17 am

Be sure to work on blocking, defelecting, redirecting, and counter attacks. Never initiate the first strike; wait for him to give you a limb. Or a finger, in the case of the weapon it looked like you were using, a finger. I know a very easy and effective finger lock, primarily for use in a situation where someone is pointing their finger at me; that's the best position to do it from, but I can do if they're doing something like spinning their keys around their finger, or something similiar with a makeshift weapon. Be careful about giving such weak apendages to your opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:19 am

Broken fingers hurt like the dickens and will drop someone to their knees. (Or at least get them off balance enough for you to shove them to the ground). You can also just use it for control. If he tries to attack just a apply a little pressure from your ten fingers on his one finger and that should get him back into line. You can walk him all the way to jail if you want, heck take him to Jamaica if you want. XD
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm

that is possible?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My Nunchuku Training Session Video
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next