Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Nunchuku Training Session Video

Go down 
+5
Urban Avenger
nightmare
The Flame
Gauge
titanag
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:16 pm

I'll post a video later.
Back to top Go down
One Tin Soldier

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:40 am

Just stumbled upon this nunchaku thread.  Or "nunchuks" as they are so often called.  I have been working out with them since I was a young teenager (and suffice to say that was quite a long time ago). 

On obtaining them-  professionally made ones are nice but don't be dependent on it because if you have access to tools they are so easy to make yourself.  Regarding whether they are legal to carry or not, it varies state to state.  In my area as far as I can tell the law seems to say that you can carry them as long as they're not concealed, and martial arts schools here have no problem teaching their use to kids. 

Some cautions-  All the super fancy Bruce Lee twirling moves you can do with nunchuks are a lot of fun once you master them and quite impressive to demonstrate, but in a fight they are for intimidation only, something to convince your opponent to keep his distance.  If that doesn't work and an actual fight begins, nunchuks are for winding up and delivering extremely powerful blows, up to 1600 pounds of force applied to the target, which can easily break bones or cause major head trauma.  If you're not careful you could easily kill someone with this weapon, so keep that in mind.  Of course they are also useful in ensnaring a person's limbs with the cord or chain between the sticks, or in choke holds, but those moves are a bit more intricate than just swinging away at someone.  Personally, I carry nunchuks when I go out on patrol and I hope I never have to actually use them.  I also carry a taser, a non-lethal weapon which I would much prefer.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:35 am

Amphiptere wrote:
In relation to nunchaku, I don't know how to use them but I can use that awesome bullwhip that Rook made me. Urban, do you still train with yours as well?
 I did until I started breaking shit.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
 I did until I started breaking shit.
Don't tell me you used it inside of your house Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:14 pm

@Hero man, add vectromerlsh on Facebook and view his nunchuck video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Nunchuku Training Session Video   My Nunchuku Training Session Video - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My Nunchuku Training Session Video
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3