Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Oracle Project

Go down 
+34
The Archer
Shade
Arpenteur
herointraining
Stephen Hannaway
the crimson fist
Superman
C
Vulpo
Nite Watch
DarkShadow
Hazmat
Ohm
Gauge
Urban Avenger
Boundless
Midnite Detective
Kaiju
Leviathan
Bridges
Cognito
Batguy
Ako
Equal
Jack Shadow
The Reverend
Polarman
Artisteroi
Krystalline
thanatos
Paladin
E0N (Inactive)
Gadgetastic!
Zimmer
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:56 pm

The Magician wrote:
Wow wow wow superman! I have no issue with your work my friend, it's splendid! I'm sure as the Oracle Project grows your skills and server will be invaluable! I don't know what would give you an impression otherwise.

I'm happy to help out where I can but I have zero technical skill so right now I'm focusing on bringing a rudimentary system into the works that will serve as a foundation for an Oracle-Team relation.

We're still batting for the same team bud, just doing different jobs

Magician,

Relax I was not taking offense at what you said. What I was trying to convey was that we all really need to kind of work together from the get go in a coordinated effort to get the best results.

Personaly my work has all been locally for my merry little band of misfits AKA Earth Agents NY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Plus the class project on hero school, that’s mentioned in the unreality lab oracle post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

All I am doing now is scooping up the efforts from the rest of the gang and hosting them in1 central location for ease of access. Needs to be done but basically it’s janitorial /scut work

As far as setting up on the local level goes I have detailed how I did it in posts like the 1 from my lab board listed above. You say you have zero technical skill but want to bring in a system. You’ll love mine Magician. Posts on a board (which everyone reading this knows how to do) combined with pins on a map that references the posts.

That’s about as simple as simple gets on a local level. Now I have an idea how to take it from local to international.

1 each local group has their own map and board. As both are free on line price won’t be a problem.

2 Form a National / International group from whoever works on the local maps. A free yahoo group site would be a great place for them to hang out. Then by reporting on the work they have already done at the local levels, they work together to create the world map.

3 send me the links to all these maps and such and I add them to the proper places in watchtower same as I do everything else I’m sent. The 2 hardest things will be doing all the grunt work of posting on the boards and finding a good set of maps we can use.

What we need map wise are maps that are free, securable from outside interference, updated by the map place frequently and that show sufficient detail at the neighborhood level. Plus the more pins in both color and amount the better. If anyone has a link to maps like that I’d sure love to see it.

Superman

Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 am

Ok then, i guess you are right, it is better to upload it on Skydrive. Well here they are

1- De-Escalation: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2-Planning: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:28 am

NN,the argentinian

Outstanding my Amigo. This is much better .Now I can just add the pages to Watchtower by linking to the sky drive links. Then if you update them or add to them at a future date the changes will appear automatically. You will of course receive full credit for your fine efforts.

Superman
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 am

Its only a translation, no big deal hahaha. Whats important is the content, so give credit to the people who wrote them Smile

I just love when people when people call me NN instead of herointraining xD
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 pm

herointraining wrote:
Its only a translation, no big deal hahaha. Whats important is the content, so give credit to the people who wrote them Smile
I just have to say that this is not entirely true. Translating text is work, linguists do it for money, and you did it for free. So it's worth appreciating.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Double Helix wrote:
herointraining wrote:
I just have to say that this is not entirely true. Translating text is work, linguists do it for money, and you did it for free. So it's worth appreciating.

I have to agree with Double Helix. I think you underestimate your efforts because it comes easily to you. But you may have saved untold lives by putting needed information in a language it wasn’t in before. Both the original authors and you will be receiving due credit when I add it to Watchtower.

But your posts and where you put the translations bring up many valid points.

1 you show you are in control of your ego and can accept and implement suggestions.

2 you can work well within a group where many can’t.

For Watchtower to succeed we all (myself included) need to follow your fine example and put egos aside to work together for the common good. Working like this the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Well they have been added now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the direct link to where they are. Watchtower is getting bigger and better every day.

Working together like this we may well create greatness.

Superman
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hahahah no seriously, thanks for the words Smile . I am a team player, too bad nobody wants be part of a RLSH team here in Argentina.

I will try to translate one of the long ones tomorrow or when i have time. BTW i tried you chatroom and it works for me now Very Happy

Last edited by herointraining on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Glad to hear the Chat room works for you. It is1 of many I have made. One of the1st thing you learn working with computers is back up everything of value and save out what you are doing often. As far as RLSH teams go Welcome to the Watchtower / Oracle team.

If you want to try out my fanciest chat room the link is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Besides text it also has sound and video. Might come in handy for when printed words just aren’t enough. We usually meet there every Saturday at 2 PM EST or NY time.

But if need be we can schedule a meeting ant time it’s needed. Also feel free to make use of any of the rooms including this one if you need to call a meeting yourself. Now that we are really getting organized I almost feel sorry for the bad guys.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been searching high and low for a decent map for Oracle. This one while not totally updated

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

is the best I have found so far. I can pretty up the link so it doesn’t look bad when I incorporate the maps to Watchtower. It’s at least as accurate as Google maps and provides a lot more markers in amount and color, which would be good for us. Anyone can make1 and they are automatically password protected against unauthorized folks adding to them so they can’t be messed with. So unless someone else finds a better1 this 1 may end up being the pick of the litter. I put my information on it as an example so you can see it in operation. To be able to reference the crime information directly from the pin I put a link to a applicable entry on my board as an example where it says website. Seems to work ok though I had to type in the link by hand for some reason instead of using copy and paste.

So take a look and let me know what you think.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Shade

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 am

The Oracle Project Wiki has expired. Does anyone have a backup? This all sounds incredibly interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Archer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:19 am

I am new here and are not yet a RLSH but would like to help out those who are.
I have been reading up on this Oracle Project and think it is a good idea then I read it was expired.
Therefore I have decide to restart the project to help others.
Please post any ideas here and post Information on the wiki
Back to top Go down
The Archer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:45 am

I will post the link when I have got the wiki into good shape
Back to top Go down
The Archer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:52 am

I am making a page about active heroes please comment your superhero name, what city you help and why you became a RLSH
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  <<<< all that the public needs to know about the group I'm in.

Superman
Back to top Go down
The Archer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks I'll put some info on that when I get the chance
Back to top Go down
Daremyth

Daremyth

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:53 am

Any updates?..
This was an amazing collaborative effort with valuable information, in detail.  Expired.  Vanished..
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:24 am

In there an archive at the Wayback Machine?
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Ill look into it. I will also be making a special section on the Unreality lab board [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to put all the information in. A lot of boards go poof mine doesn't as it sits on my server. Another thing I discovered doing a Oracle / rime map set up is don't just post links. Links others make can go poof at any time for any reason. So rather than link to  others stuff open it up and do a copy and paste to the board so stuff stays put. I know my board is available cause its mine. LOL. If missing stuff can be recovered  I will find it save it out and put links to it. We likely also need a Admin on the Lab board to oversee archiving information. Like as not in a series of sky drives so folks can access it as well as off line back ups. If anyone wants to be that admin just let me know and I will make it happen.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Well Cornelius seems there is a way back Machine after all. My pack Rat mentality even if I'm not Mr. Peabody. The link to go to is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I will have to do some further restoring and updating but its back. Part of the reason restoring is needed is some of the stuff was only linked to and said links went poof. Beginning to hate things that go poof. As this is 1f the more popular boards maybe Urban can add a section where folks can report broken links etc. Feel free to name it stuff that went poof if you want to Urban. When I get it updated I will report back here and I Promise you the updates will not go poof.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:08 pm

It's Mostly updated now with dead links deleted etc. I still have some to do on the crime map section but I will get it done as a example anyway we may need several local maps that are combined to give out oracle reports for given patrol areas but at least the 1 on the site will serve as a example. Information relating to the crimes on the map will be kept on the unreality lab board with the marks on the map referencing and linking to the information on the board.

Superman
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:26 am

What's this Watchtower everyone is talking about?
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:29 am

Here is the starting link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I have it back up and running from backups. Nightmare and other folks not familiar with it think of it as a resource for all RLSH's etc. to exchange information and anything else of value. Kind of a group project that everyone works on and benefits from no matter who they are or what group or groups they might be in. I Host it on my server in the Unreality Lab. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I  have the actual physical site for the lab, space, time and server but everyone contributes to it. The reason I host it is stuff on free space goes poof. My server sits next to my regular computer I amusing to write this. The Unreality Lab or anything in it isn't going poof. For some time we have needed a stable platform in the real world and on line to work from. Turned out to be me that made it. So I guess L.O.L. that it really was a job for Superman.

John D. Koen AKA Superman
Back to top Go down
MJWWarriorKing

MJWWarriorKing

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Hows progress on this

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:01 am

the watchtower is still up and running the new link for the  unreality lab is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 8 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Oracle Project
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next