Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Oracle Project

Go down 
+34
The Archer
Shade
Arpenteur
herointraining
Stephen Hannaway
the crimson fist
Superman
C
Vulpo
Nite Watch
DarkShadow
Hazmat
Ohm
Gauge
Urban Avenger
Boundless
Midnite Detective
Kaiju
Leviathan
Bridges
Cognito
Batguy
Ako
Equal
Jack Shadow
The Reverend
Polarman
Artisteroi
Krystalline
thanatos
Paladin
E0N (Inactive)
Gadgetastic!
Zimmer
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

The Oracle Project - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 pm

I have to agree with Cog and Dead-End.

The KC's eses' and clan boys aren't as retarded as they act.

If they search for ten minutes, they might stumble onto the oracle site, put up false info, or worse find out what we do know, and start changing tactics.

Also, is there a search by city option? Each of us has our own jurisdiction that we protect and serve, which would come in handy while searching via droid for needed info.

Glad to see you've got a lot of my favorites in there though.
Great work oh shiny headed master of datamining.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:33 pm

I could lock it to be edited by members only. It's definitely tempting to do some quality control now that it's big enough.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Great to see it keep going. I'll play some more after I recover from my driving daze.

In some way shape or form I really think the ability of multiple people to edit the articles should be kept -- the whole "wiki" thing, basically. Maybe people who have their edits reverted two or three times could have their IP addresses banned.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 pm

If it's good enough for Jimmy Wales, it's good enough for me. Though there have been a few incidences already that have me very, very tempted to lock it down to 12 members or so.

As an aside, what do you think of putting some of the Iron Rad ideas up? It seems like a wiki format might be a more accessible way to work than on a forum, so the Oracle Project seems like a good home for Iron Rad. I'm really interested in the project but I can read the Wikipedia page on Iron Man's armor way easier than I can read dozens of pages on a forum. Obviously the choice is yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Beside gang tattoos, tags, and signs I just added gang colors to the organized crime page. I would like to coordinate with the rest of you, so I don't make the same mistake again of making a page that has already been created. I would also like to do a sex crime page dealing with rape, pedophilia, and human trafficking. I also want to do a social service page, but I am not sure how far and what you want me to cover in it. Let me know. BTW I think we can consolidate some of the pages in the project to the social services page, so we can have everything under one page and not be so scattered around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:33 am

Sex Crime Page Done!
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Just started the page on animals.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Got a few odds and ends to put up the next week or too.
Too busy reading what the Hell everyone else is putting up. Very Happy
Good work guys.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Has anyone been moving info from our Information section threads over yet? There's some good stuff on there.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

I don't think anyone has, but I can go ahead and get started on that.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm

You rock.
I'm offline for a few days so I can start working on some article and links.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Boundless

Boundless

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Adding an "Emegency Contact" page.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Yeah... moving info from here to there will be a bit of a job. Basically it's like writing an article where the research is already done for you.

I plan to do that as I get time, but I'm really in a "slow and steady wins the race" frame of mind about my personal contributions. Glad to see so many people jumping in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 pm

I just fiinished the Animals page. If anybody can think of anything else crucial to include by all means do so.
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:56 am

Thanks, Dead End. I'll add a couple other things later under the section on wildlife info.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 am

I think I just fell in love with StumbleUpon after it gave me a link to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It's a global disaster alert map that allows you to search by continent as well as by Country and however the country divides itself. It's so cool! I added it to the incoming transmission page because I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to add it to, but I think it'll be useful for those focusing on helping communities rather than crime fighting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:59 am

Thinking about adding a domestic abuse and child abuse resource page.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:11 am

Dead End wrote:
Thinking about adding a domestic abuse and child abuse resource page.
I think that would be a fantastic idea.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:58 am

I should probably actually look at this sometime. I feel very lame.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 am

Dead End, that'd be a great idea. You could add women's shelters info to that as well. Maybe men's treatment resources, and counseling agencies for all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:17 pm

I just want to see the oracle project as complete and up to date as possible because it could be a great resource that we can point others to. I already referred the purple lotus to it, so he can do some research on child molestors and human trafficking. I would like to see each of us should write a resource page for what help is available for each of our home states or countries.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Maybe even subsections for specific neighborhoods. The more in-depth the better
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Dead End wrote:
I just want to see the oracle project as complete and up to date as possible because it could be a great resource that we can point others to. I already referred the purple lotus to it, so he can do some research on child molestors and human trafficking. I would like to see each of us should write a resource page for what help is available for each of our home states or countries.

That's what the original plan was for, and I have a collection on stuff for Chattanooga, TN that I really need to post, but I think the main issue right now is deciding on how that should be formatted. As far as I can tell the site doesn't really have a folder option, or anything like a sub-page, which would make it easier to post just one big State folder with pages inside it for each city. I dunno, we'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:29 am

One thing: Shelters for Domestic Violence or Sexual Assualt sometimes show up on Google, but they shouldn't. My old town had a big problem with this. Don't repost anything that could lead an abuser right to their victim. If it's an address where they do referrals and coordination, that's very different.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:39 am

Sorry I haven't been contributing more to this, I've been crazy busy. Very awesome to come back here after a few days and all of you are totally owning it. I've got quite a few more organized crime links I need to sort through and add, and I also need to go through and just write a short description and review of each link so it's easier to navigate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Oracle Project
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next