Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Oracle Project

Go down 
+34
The Archer
Shade
Arpenteur
herointraining
Stephen Hannaway
the crimson fist
Superman
C
Vulpo
Nite Watch
DarkShadow
Hazmat
Ohm
Gauge
Urban Avenger
Boundless
Midnite Detective
Kaiju
Leviathan
Bridges
Cognito
Batguy
Ako
Equal
Jack Shadow
The Reverend
Polarman
Artisteroi
Krystalline
thanatos
Paladin
E0N (Inactive)
Gadgetastic!
Zimmer
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Oracle Project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 pm

My fav non lethal wepon had 4 legs a long tail and was small enough to sleep in my pocket and his name was Puppy
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Also...

I am actually doing all the things that seem reasonable to try and cut and paste into the editor... but what happens is a new copy of the editor opens up inside itself. I can embed documents and videos and everything... just not simple text.

:/
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Also again -- despite having created that page at this point to figure out some other stuff about how to do it...

I still haven't solved the cut and paste problem.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:56 am

Zim brother , as always much love from or . When you get your stuff cleared up and are ready to move on portland oregon would welcome you with open arms . You would thrive here
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:17 am

Eon,

Yeah, I copy and pasted it all in, so it should work. Sony know what to tell you :-/

Reverend, thanks! I've never been but it'd be cool to hang there.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Crime Mapping has been expanded into Criminal Investigations-lots more resources including police scanners, police code translator, license plate look up and more.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, we are up to 105 pages of information.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Up to 125 pages. New page for military information.

Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Up to 152 pages. New section for Computer Science.

Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Dear lord Zimmer I can't even figure out what I would want to add to your pages yet you keep adding stuff. After the links that allow you to look up crime and law information yourself I figured it would be a bit redundant to add statistics on individual cities and such.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Yep... it was just that my office computer is restricted in strange ways.

Inconvenient, but workable.

:/

As far as adding the biggest things for a real wiki environment would seem to be adding original content and linking that content to itself... like whenever that seems to make sense.

A lot of stuff buried here is good fodder for that, like Victim's armor info, but of course that's... work. Smile
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Krystalline wrote:
Dear lord Zimmer I can't even figure out what I would want to add to your pages yet you keep adding stuff. After the links that allow you to look up crime and law information yourself I figured it would be a bit redundant to add statistics on individual cities and such.

Unless the information isn't synthesized somehow and is exactly duplicated on the site you link to, actually that'd be really useful. Over time what you'd want -- well, what I'd want, anyway -- is for pages on specific cities to consist of analyzed data that's already been sifted through.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:56 pm

That's a good point. Right now it's all raw data. If that can be turned into clear information about each city, that'd be really damn useful to the RLSH that's more about the kicking and the punching.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Alright then that's what I'll work on. I've found some information about what state allows what (body armor, tazers, clubs, firearms, etc.) so I guess I'll start there.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 pm

I don't have that information at all and that's huge. Definitely post that if you can.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:17 am

Updated with laws on Pepper Spray, Stun Guns and Expandable batons:

Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 am

That looks awesome! I'm glad we have all that in one place now.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Here's stuff I put up so far:

Elicitation/Social Engineering: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Explosives Recognition: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interviewing: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Liaison: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Non-Lethal Weapons: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Surveillance and Surveillance Detection: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Everybody else start playing, too.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Eon, you just added almost 100 pages. Fuck yeah! I'm going to be reading over this stuff for awhile, Krystalline's and Bridges' stuff too.

And if you guys aren't reading this stuff yet, 266 pages and counting...
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 am

I am getting some requests for weapons from Canadian sources. So if you are ready to go international, some basic weapons laws for Canadian provinces would be quite useful.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 am

Artisteroi wrote:
I am getting some requests for weapons from Canadian sources. So if you are ready to go international, some basic weapons laws for Canadian provinces would be quite useful.

I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 am

Updated with Canadian Weapon laws:

Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:50 am

wow that was fast. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 am

Artisteroi wrote:
wow that was fast. Thanks.

Thankfully Canadian government websites are set up better than American ones. I lucked out on finding that link immediately after typing "Canadian weapon laws" into Google. Yay for efficiency.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:21 am

Saw the link for this on facebook. Great job everyone.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 am

I got a little irritated after I saw this article posted on facebook by Dark Guardian: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So in retaliation to the NYPD not dubbing this as a hate crime I've put up a page defining hate crimes and ways to report them by each state (will complete the list asap): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Oracle Project
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next